Page 384 of 768 FirstFirst ... 284334374382383384385386394434484 ... LastLast
Results 3,831 to 3,840 of 7671

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 384

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think I'm missing something... training ring? What's that all about? is this a common thing? I have never heard of a training ring before.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I think I'm missing something... training ring? What's that all about?
    NW put a ring thru Hulky's nose, the way they put a ring through a bull's nose. Easier to lead him around.

Just wait until he gets his monogrammed testicle jar on the day of the blessed union...

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    No, that's just what I'm calling it. Hulky needs to be "trained" to wear a ring . He's not used to wearing jewelry so the training ring is essentially his engagement ring, but for the purpose of him getting used to wearing it.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Sleep: Poor. Seems like my body will only let me get about 7 hrs of sleep now, which doesn't feel right, especially with my increased activity. I want to chalk it up to weather, but maybe I am doing something wrong.

Toes: Right middle toe has been the most inflamed throughout this whole infection or whatever. My toes don't itch or hurt, at least. They get a little itchy towards the end of a shower (I always take hot showers), and feel irritated with the sheets over them at night (but I can't sleep with my feet uncovered). I'm just hoping that regular soaking and dousing with tea tree oil will heal it, now that it's warm enough to wear sandals. I'm supposed to make an appointment with a dermatologist, but it always takes a few weeks to see them and I feel fed up with doctors right now.

Body: 12.29 miles yesterday, which is the distance to the next town center and back, without stopping for a drink in town. I cut my time down by about 10 minutes, I think. It takes me about 15 minutes to feel warmed up on the way out and then I can push myself in bursts. The way back was much harder this time. It's mostly a decline, so I think it was lack of motivation, or maybe my body was still tired from Friday. I knew I had to get home on my bike, so I just kept pushing myself to keep going. I should get out at least one more time this week, but it looks like it's going to cool off and be rainy . I feel like with the way I pushed myself yesterday, I should be really sore today, but I'm not sore at all. I think, for now, I'm just going to keep doing this route a few times a week or as often as I can. As I get more used to it, I'll start pushing for speed. On weekends, I'll practice the route to work, which is only 3.5 miles one way. I want to have a lot of extra possible energy per trip so I'm not wiped from my commute. I feel like my bum is firming up already .

Mood/brain: A little anxiety again last night. Wondering if I should increase 5-HTP to 200mg again. That might account for the poor sleep and anxiety that's been creeping in during the evenings recently. I don't think I'm going to be able to reduce the dose until my gut is healed...

Gut (TMI): Yesterday, my gut felt fine, but I hadn't had a BM by the evening, so I had 2g of Vitamin C. I had a BM a couple hours after that, so I had 2g of Vitamin C before breakfast this morning and I'll have more mid-day and after work. It's weird that my gut will feel okay until I have a BM, then it hurts and I get bloated.

Supplements: I didn't prep my water last night (pre-boil) so I didn't use the neti pot this morning. Loooots of post nasal drip. Current supplements are
    -Morning: colostrum in water, vitamin C and L-Glutamine in water, with drops of Iodine and Vitamin D (also my antibiotic, two doses left). Also Vitex and Zyrtec (prevents itchy eyes and reduces sneezing).
    -Mid-day: Vitamin C in water before lunch
    -Evening: Colostrum in water, vitamin C and L-Glutamine in water, all of that when I get home, before I eat anything. 100mg 5-HTP around dinner time, 50mg 5-HTP within an hour before bed.

I'm thinking of adding something like grapefruit seed extract to see if that helps my toes heal faster. It's all linked to my gut problems, I'm sure (being able to heal this infection).

So far, no noticeable benefit from the colostrum, but it's only been a few days. It smells like whey powder and tastes kind of like plain whey too. A little sweet, but smells like milk. I think it would be a nice addition to a smoothie. I wouldn't mind having smoothies in the morning, but most of the fruit that one uses is too sugary for me (would provoke a hypoglycemic episode). I guess there's always banana, almond butter, and chocolate?

Took a walk around the parking lots, lovely out. I want to walk to the strip mall tonight, to look at shoes, after I get the laundry going, but I don't know how well my feet would stand up to walking in flip-flops and those are the only really reasonable open-toe sandals I have. Need to keep the toes breathing! I also really need to soak my toes, they are a little prickly with an itchy feeling, so I should probably just stay in and keep my feet elevated (my feet are a little purple and swollen). Damn my poor circulation!

An hour and a half to go, or an hour if I cut it short today. Bored.

Left my phone at work. Increased anxiety and irritability as a result.

Laundry is started. Soaking my toes now. Will start dinner prep soon, but no walking this evening. I have to go get my phone when traffic dies down =\.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Are you sure you're not diabetic? Have you been tested lately? How is it that your toes are not healed? What anitbiotic are you taking anyway?
    I'm a little pissed at your doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptocode View Post
    Are you sure you're not diabetic? Have you been tested lately? How is it that your toes are not healed? What anitbiotic are you taking anyway?
    I'm a little pissed at your doctor.
    I don't know the last time my fasting blood sugar was tested, definitely sometime last year, but it's been around 90 for the past few years whenever it's been checked. I don't have any reason to suspect diabetes. My feet always swell when it gets warmer out. I had hoped that changing my diet would change that, and maybe it still will someday, but I think the swelling yesterday was just the seasonal transition. The antibiotic is TERBINAFINE HCL 250 MG TABLET (Generic Equivalent for LAMISIL 250 MG TABLET ) - copied from CVS. I don't think it's done anything at this point.

I just discovered that this is the second antibiotic I've been on for the toe infection. The first was CEPHALEXIN 250 MG CAPSULE (Generic Equivalent for KEFLEX 250 MG CAPSULE ), which I took at the end of January. Thanks, CVS.com, for having a record of my prescriptions! I had totally forgotten. I should really find a dermatologist. Someone needs to take a culture or something and figure out what this is!

Toes are slightly improved since yesterday AM. Using coconut oil or scentless lotion with the tea tree oil seems to help. I am frustrated that treating my toes is just as difficult for me as staying on track with my dietary restrictions. I seem to reach a giving-up point all too frequently. For my toes, that means this infection or whatever continues. For my gut, that might mean never healing (because I still eat wheat and refined sugar sometimes). And, of course, my toes are affected by my diet as well. They feel worse (usually itchy and more noticeable redness) after I eat wheat and/or refined sugar.

Sleep: Woke up early, but didn't feel as early as it has for the past several nights. Probably around 6 instead of 5:30. I think I woke up at one point during the night feeling significantly overheated. I stuck my toes out from under the blankets and tossed back a blanket and fell back asleep. Took me a little while though, with a sweaty Hulky creeping up on my side of the bed. I can't sleep snuggled up with someone else very often, and he is a furnace! Looking forward to being able to lose some blankets overnight soon. We're still using two comforters and a fleece-like blanket.

Supplements: I took 200mg of 5-HTP last night. I am kind of tired today. I took an extra scoop of colostrum last night because I was hungry before dinner and had some running around to do (laundry and rescuing my cellphone from the office), it helped to tide me over, but it might have just been from the water I mixed it into. The container says 1/3 scoop for regular maintenance, twice daily, or a whole scoop for times of stress, twice daily, or 7g (7 scoops) daily for athletes. I'm tempted to try increasing it to see what happens, but I think I should just stick it out at the stress dose for a full month first. 7 scoops daily would be expensive.

Mood/brain: Feeling completely unmotivated this morning.

Body: Been struggling with some light acne for the past few days. I think it might be from the colostrum, but since I'm still taking the antibiotic and have been having a little chocolate every night (sometimes just a nibble, but it's still

Gut (TMI): It was not until after the evening dose of Vitamin C that I had a BM yesterday. It seems like it doesn't matter how much I have during the day, just that evening dose.

I want to go back to the doctor and ask about a stool test, but I think I need to wait until my hospital bills are paid off first. I might be able to tackle that later this month, but won't be certain until after I get paid on Friday. It's not that I don't know how much I'm going to earn, I just don't feel certain about anything until the money is actually in my account. The stool test is likely not going to be covered by my insurance (will go towards deductible, which is good anyway), so I need to have some money to cover those costs out of pocket. I think I'll pay half of the hospital bills this month, that way I can have a little savings.

My sister asked if she could ride up to Maine with us on Saturday. She said she'd pitch in for gas. Hulky said no immediately, he gets annoyed with her quickly. I really feel like it would not be a big deal, we probably would just listen to music the whole way (2.5-3 hrs). I don't know how to tell her "no" nicely. It's his birthday weekend so I don't want to push it. Any suggestions?

[edit] I went with "I wouldn't mind, but it's Hulky's birthday wknd. He wants me all to himself for the car portions. Are m&p going to be able to pick you up on the way?"

She said that's fine. Phew. I worry a lot about interactions with her because she can go on the defensive very quickly.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 04-10-2013 at 07:58 AM.