Page 383 of 750 FirstFirst ... 283333373381382383384385393433483 ... LastLast
Results 3,821 to 3,830 of 7492

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 383

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    I dropped my FSA this year because I wanted more money per paycheck. Good thing too, since taxes increased. Ultimately, my paycheck only changed by $2 after taxes, so not bad. I can still put medical expenses on my taxes next year, but I usually don't have much anyway. I'd like to see my chiro for an adjustment every 6 weeks, but I don't think I'll be able to afford that on top of everything else in my life right now! I'll just have to focus on fitness and hope that is enough.

I still have nearly $180 for the hospital to pay off from the walk-in in February. Won't be able to start paying that off until at least next week. Hulky suggested tackling $25/bill every month, which is what he's doing with his medical bills (from shoulder surgery, his foot, and physical therapy). I am not sure I will be able to do that much, but we'll see.

Should be getting the tank filled soon for heating, then I'll call them and tell them not to come back! haha

Looking at my health insurance site...I'm pretty I am about $67 away from meeting my $500 deductible! Geez. I don't know what happens after that.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Venting ahead.

I don't know what to do about the vehicles.

Land lady said we could have scooter & car or 2 cars, but not all 3. There isn't room in the driveway for that (isn't really room for our 2 cars anyway) and we can't use the garage. Hulky's parents are only two streets away, so we could leave a vehicle there, probably, and walk over when we need it. I feel pissed off. We got the Mustang last fall (free from Hulky's dad) because I thought I could use it for work and Hulky could take the Civic to his, but he's been carpooling almost exclusively so I've taken the Civic. Work on the Mustang was put on hold because of Hulky's broken foot and then a cold winter. It's getting towards scooter riding weather again.

Cost to insure Mustang - $52/month (currently pissed about the money I'm wasting while it isn't being driven)
    Cost to insure scooter - ~$100/yr

WTF do we do? The scooter is cheaper all around. It badly needs a tune-up and maybe new brakes, but I don't have $200+ to drop on it. The Mustang needs a radiator ($90) and we need to identify where the exhaust leak is coming from and fix that. The speedometer doesn't work and it's an issue in the transmission, not as simple as the speedo cable (that's been replaced already). But what's the point of having it at all with our current ride situation? When Hulky goes back to school this fall, we won't need two cars, though it'd be nice to have a back-up ready. If we get the Mustang fixed up enough and I get the scooter fixed up enough to ride it one more summer, we could sell the Mustang (wouldn't get much, body is nearly shot, but the engine is good), but what if we end up needing a second vehicle? We're not going to be able to afford one anytime soon!

I could sell the scooter and bike to work. That saves money (gas money) while leaving us with a spare car for when one of us is out. Phewww... I should drag the bike up from the basement and go for a cruise after work today. It's a little cool when the wind blows, but warm enough. I wonder if I'll freeze in leggings. I think this is a good solution, but I'm scared to start biking on the roads =\

And I REALLY NEED NEW SHOES. Working on my leg, I can tell that the way my shoes are worn in is going to be a hinderance. I want to make Xero sandals, but I need something that covers my foot for biking (needs to cover toes at least) and office-wear.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Get some Fast Flats. They're cheap. Not water proof, but they look ok for work and will cover your toes when you ride - probably won't offer much protection if you get your foot in the chain... or you could get some bike shoes to wear while riding and slip into the fast flats when you get to work.

I would probably sell the scooter, put storage insurance on the car until it's fixed up - or cancel insurance all together b/c anything that could happen to it while in storage would be covered under homeowners insurance. Work on it while you can, then when it's fixed, sell the Civic (to eliminate that payment - unless you get it paid off before the mustang is fixed) and drive the mustang til it falls apart. Ride your bike to work.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I've got my Fast Flats from last year, but should replace them. I wonder if I could hand wash them... Thanks for the reminder! Definitely good for the office right now.

You raise a good point about having separate shoes for biking. Some people just wear Chuck Taylors or similar canvas shoes. I would not be adverse to that. The canvas shoes at Payless are about $20, less if I catch a sale. They breathe well enough and the rubber toes protect from scrapes.

Hulky likes the idea of me biking to work. He said we should ride the Mustang into the ground while we can. We're not even sure if it'll pass inspection with the body as it is now ><.

I'll call Liberty Mutual about storage insurance. Didn't know that was a thing. We have rental insurance, but I don't think that would cover a car sitting in the driveway. It's at Hulky's parents' house right now anyway, until we can get it to a garage to see about that exhaust leak. We're hesitant to take it anywhere with that radiator, though. Don't want it to leak antifreeze everywhere =\.

I think we're more likely to keep the Civic and save it as a trade-in car once it's paid off. There are some cosmetic blemishes (couple of loose body panels that need to be put back into place, we couldn't manage it without dissembling things), but it's generally had no functional issues.

I was kind of panicking about all of this. Tazo Zen has a little caffeine and make me feel really angry and frustrated! I went for a walk, drank some water, and I'm feeling better. Looking forward to getting the bike out tonight .

I biked 12.5 miles today! Need to cut down on time, took an hour to get there. Back is a decline so it took half the time. I am so proud though! I beat a bunch of goals in my first session of the season! Got over the town line (the long way across town), went over 10 miles round trip, made it to the next town center (and bought a smoothie drink).

I got back and anxiety kicked in hard. We're ordering pizzas and drinking with his brother. If they just watch TV, I'll join, otherwise I'll leave them alone to bitch about women or whatever.

Damn you caffeine. Damn you and your anxiety-causing. Damn you Tazo Zen!

tomi is offline Senior Member
    sorry for the anxiety --- I can't do caffeine anymore.......... causes my heart to race and makes my head go into hyper-drive! Also, makes my GI tract go into spasms. I can imagine it does nasty things for people with a tendency toward anxiety issues. De-caf from now on for you!

Hope the evening with bro went well.

And DANG GIRL! 12.5 miles! Nice going!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

I have never experienced DOMS like I did this weekend. Ouch! But definitely worth it. My sit-bones are still hurting a lot. I think I might've bruised them! I definitely need a new bike seat (perhaps will ask for that for my birthday).

Shit, speaking of birthdays, next week is Hulky's. I think I can spare about $20 for him right now, but I think I'll wait. Next week, we'll get donuts on the way out to Maine and

Hulky & his bro drank here at the apartment. Bro got to vent about his relationship and stuff. I went to bed early, but couldn't sleep, so I overheard a little. Hulky was really grateful (and he told me this) that I'd told him about Chip's break-up because Hulky might've missed it on Facebook otherwise. I messaged Chip a little about officiant stuff this weekend and we're getting some of that in order.

I got Hulky his training ring this weekend . We went with an 8.5, which can fit over his knuckle, but isn't loose enough to fall off, and is VERY difficult to remove if his finger swells at all. He has giant knuckles, so sizing is kind of difficult. It's just a plain stainless steel ring. Kind of regretting not getting silver, I'm afraid this might rust over time. It was only $20. I presented it to him by attaching it to my nose ring and asking if "this looks weird" so he'd turn around .

We also tried out a new burger place, Tasty Burger, in Harvard Square. Very affordable, and very tasty. Not as good as In and Out, but nearly as good as Sonic, and much better than big chain fast food places. I want to try the giant hot dogs they have there. They're also open at absurd hours, geared towards the local college student population, but not as practical for us since the trains don't run late in Boston (my biggest annoyance about the MBTA, to be honest).

Dinner last night was gluten-free pancakes. I ate too many. It was awesome.

Today: we go out to see GI Joe Retaliation, I need to pick up some laundry from my parents' house, and I want to go biking again but am scared I won't be able to because of my sore ass. I guess I could bike "standing" the whole time, but that would be a whole different kind of workout that I don't think I'm prepared for.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    LOL I love the ring presentation. Good for you on the bike riding. Your body will eventually get used to it if you keep it up.

I could not warm up yesterday so I opted not to ride. Stepping out this morning, I was greeted with a surprising amount of warmth and humidity, given that I'd just checked the forecast to see "feels like 43F". That was definitely off-base by at least 10! It should be warm enough after work for a ride. I'll go as far as my body feels like. It'd be nice to make it to that town center again, but I'm not setting any requirements or limits in my mind. I think, longer term, it will be fun to expand my distance, but it's more important right now that I increase strength & speed so I can ride to work. If I have the energy (and the weather cooperates) next Sunday, before or after Hulky's birthday festivities, I might try the route to work.

We ordered out last night, maki rolls for me, on Hulky's dime. I think that means we aren't sticking to our imposed self-budgeting that well. It's not even 2 weeks into April! Sigh. Things are going to be thrown off course this weekend, too, since we're driving up to Maine.

I don't know what to do about the Mustang. I'm getting too much anxiety over it again. I need to talk to Hulky about a game plan. Either we talk to his dad and find out where he saw $25 radiators, or we shell out the $90 for the ones I saw online. I think Hulky could pay for it right now. Once we get the radiator, we'll take it to a garage to see about that exhaust leak. I'm not sure a garage would look at it at all without a current inspection sticker, though. Not sure it will pass inspection right now, though it's exempt from emissions testing due to age (it just looks a mess so I'm afraid they'd fail it).

Body: Forgot to mention this, but my nails have been peeling on the ends for the past couple of weeks. This coincides with the struggle to get on a good dose of Vitamin C and when I was trying the Senna tea for my constipation. It's not too bad, I've had this happen before, but it's a sign that things are not okay with my system. Hulky and I did planks last night, I can hold one for 40 seconds, he can go for 90. 60 sec is my goal.

Allergies: My allergies got a lot worse last week. My right eye kept getting watery, I was sneezing a few times a day (as opposed to not at all), and my nose wasn't staying clear. I've still been using the neti pot in the morning, though not always on the weekend, and taking Zyrtec too. I am hoping that the colostrum will help with this and the sudden increase in sensitivity has more to do with my gut health than anything else.

I slept like crap last night. Felt anxious around bedtime, talked to Hulky and felt good enough to sleep, but woke up several times. I woke up around or before 5:30, got up at 6, which gave me enough time to cook up chicken for lunch and a plantain.

This morning, I had 3 eggs and fried up plantain slices. It wasn't as sweet as I was expecting, but I enjoyed the flavor (in refined coconut oil) on its own. I put a little cinnamon on them. I wish I'd bought a green one so I could have one later. $0.40 is a nice little treat. I am feeling a little hungry still.

Hulky is trying to get used to his training ring. He mostly forgets that he has it on, but occasionally finds it very annoying. I get a little thrill every time I see it on him .

Things I forgot
    -I'm still on the antibiotic (a few doses left), but my toes are getting bad again. I should not have slacked off on the tea tree oil! I'm back at it and so glad the weather is improving so I can let me feet breathe at work. I think that will be key in healing this thing.
    -Hulky's sister is expecting! This will be her 4th. She has two boys and a girl. I wonder what this one will be! I don't know how far along she is, news is still within the family so shhhhh.
    -Really bummed that I don't have enough PTO to take a vacation this year. I'm hoping I can use my two floating holidays for a long weekend later in the year, when my PTO is built up enough in case of emergency. Our friend with the family lake house may do another weekend up there in late July, so I could take that Friday and Monday off for an extra-long stay if others stay till Monday too.

I hope that Hulky and I can put enough money aside this summer to do a night at a hotel (with a pool), maybe in Boston, just for a mini vacation, maybe this Fall.