Page 382 of 797 FirstFirst ... 282332372380381382383384392432482 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,820 of 7970

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 382

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Weddings are the leading cause of divorce!
    We knew a divorced guy who was still paying off the credit card bill from his wedding. Don't be that couple.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Ew! Yeah, not going into debt for this. We can have a fun time, just the two of us, if it comes down to it! I think, ideally, we have all our loved ones present to celebrate with us (care less about the ceremony, tbh), but if it's just us, we'll still have a great time and it will feel "real".
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Y'all can always JP it and then have a giant barbecue.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Sleep: I am tired this morning, but not as bad as its been for most of the week. Nearly snapped Hulky's head off last night when he tried to start smooching when he came to bed. Bitch, I am sleep deprived, you leave me to my Zzz's! I turned off the heat yesterday so I don't know what time I woke up, but it was before 6:30. I drank a sleepytime tea last night, I think it helped. I also changed the sheets, which usually helps me sleep better. I switched to the lighter cotton ones that we got for Christmas. They're kind of scratchy, but they don't absorb heat like the flannel ones do.

Food: I finished off my chocolate bar last night and had some saurkraut for the hell of it. I was pretty hungry all evening, but still had to fight myself to actually make dinner (which I did then eat). I was hungry this morning, but not interested in eating. I have a sweet potato with me that I think I'll heat up soon. Lunch is rice, chicken breast, green beans, tiny apple, avocado (questionably ripe), and a banana. Oh yeah, and a can of sardines in olive oil. Don't really want those, but I picked that up this week as "emergency rations". Should probably eat them now but bleggh. Don't want fish breath in the morning.

Body: My stomach is been increasingly less bloated every morning for the past few days. Today was nearly "normal". Still having plenty of digestive issues, so who knows what's up with that! I stretched the heck out of my hips and legs last night to try and straighten things out. It definitely helps, but I'm going to have to be vigilant with it. I also have to pay an absurd amount of attention to walking so that I keep my feet planting in the same way. My right foot is so used to rolling out instead of straight. Gah! I'm sure some regular form of varied exercise (yoga) would help.

Weekend: Hulky's bro is recently single, so he's coming over to drink away his woes or something tonight. I will likely stay out of their way and play Skyrim till bed, unless they want to go see GI Joe: Retaliation. The reviews are terrible, but BRUCE WILLIS and DWAYNE JOHNSON. I cannot NOT see it. I hope we can order dinner out tonight, but Hulky and I never finalized our finance plan that is starting this month. Saturday, my sister is going to be at my parents' house doing yard work (dunno why, maybe my mom is paying her for it). Hulky's phone is about to brick so we're going to Verizon in the AM, then hopefully ring sizing/shopping for him, then I think I'll bring some laundry over and hang with my sister. Sunday, we'll download & watch Doctor Who and, ideally, just relax, but I need to go out for more meat! There haven't been any good deals on meat prices lately so we are spending a lot more money on groceries than usual .

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Y'all can always JP it and then have a giant barbecue.
    Hulky's bro is going to officiate. He's a Dudeist priest .

Giant BBQ still requires a location and that is the biggest problem right now.

No-poo update.

I have been dealing with dandruff all winter long. I stopped washing my hair or even getting it wet recently, just brushing it a few times a day with a boar bristle brush. Prior to that, I'd been getting my hair wet every night in the shower and dealing with a lot of scalp grunge and grungy feeling hair. After a week, my hair felt greasy, but not oily (not stringy). It just smelled like dirty hair, nothing really terrible or overwhelming. I tried a conditioner "wash" and my hair felt grungy again, scalp was the same (grungy, dandruff returned), but hair was at least manageable. I gave it a few days, my hair was feeling soft and properly oiled again, then washed with this shampoo bar. I just got some soap on my fingers and massaged my scalp. I didn't try to avoid the length of my hair, but I didn't address it with the shampoo bar directly/purposely. I didn't use much of the shampoo, just suds on my fingertips a few times.

My hair felt clean, not squeaky clean (which means it's overly dried). Now that it's dried, it still feels clean, but soft. Not oily at all. Scalp looks good, minimal visible dander. I'm going to continue with the not-getting-wet and then use this shampoo bar again.

The first shampoo bar I tried really didn't work well for me. That was a while back though and I think my scalp is better prepared for it now.

Fluffy hair. If it looks like I'm a kid dressing up in her mother's jewelry, it's because I am. I used to suck on this necklace when I was little because the beads look like Jolly Ranchers.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 04-05-2013 at 07:26 AM.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Cute pic. Love the messy hair look.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Chiropractor's office just called. Apparently my plan changed this year and co-pay is now out of pocket. That means $50 . Dammit! So disappointing. WTH is going on with my insurance this year?! I wonder if the HMO plan that my work offers has better coverage for that kind of stuff. Won't know until enrollment is open at the end of the year. Sigh. Maybe there's no point in doing the legal marriage this year. Having Hulky on my insurance seems less and less practical.

At least they are not charging me for the last appointment because I helped my chiro with his computers one time and he loves us.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Health insurance is going nuts with the impending changes coming as a result of Obama-care. At least thats the story I got from the company who handles our health insurance needs. 2014 will see some major upsets to the industry - which always results in higher costs to the consumer. Insurance companies are preparing for rate freezes so they are making changes now. Rates are going up - deductibles are going up - co-pays are going up - and reimbursements are standing still. So - the patient pays more for premiums, and the doctors reimbursement from the insurance company is standing still. Sucks. Health insurance is BIG business - certainly NOT a "not for profit" industry.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My ultimate goal for this year is to NOT meet my deductible. So far, I have only gone to my chiropractor 3 times maybe. I go once monthly and I told her the last time I was there that it is my goal (intent) to ONLY see her this year and not reach my deductible ($500). She laughed at me and then did a fist pump. Blood serum screens are co-payment free as are pap-smears, so I'm in the clear there. And have a HSA so the deductible will be completely covered by that. THAT is my health savings goal for this year.

Anyhow, sorry about the insurance woes. Insurance sucks.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)