Page 381 of 797 FirstFirst ... 281331371379380381382383391431481 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,810 of 7970

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 381

tomi is online now Senior Member
    For what its worth......... my opinion.............. think HEAVILY on the eloping option.

And if you have no interest in the DIY route - then think SMALL, and INTIMATE. or elope.

Weddings are HIGHLY OVER RATED! and rediculously expensive. The memories are wonderful - but not worth all the stress and expense.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Um, babies cost more than $500 a month... just sayin'. I pay $125 a WEEK in childcare alone. Diapers are $20 a box and a box lasts maybe 1/2 a week for a newborn. Formula is $11 a can and lasts about 2 days. Then there's baby food, cups, wipes, etc, etc, etc... it adds up to closer to $500 a WEEK, than $500 a month. Then there's clothes, baby gear - like strollers, cribs, carriers, car seats, LIFE INSURANCE, etc.

I'm not saying you should wait until you're "financially ready" b/c that'll never happen, but if you want one of you to stay home, you will need to wait a while for sure.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Hi Nameless,

Oh dear, I did respond to your Potassium experiment but in my journal, not yours. Put it down to age? Here's what it was:

LOLL. Probably because your body is thoroughly PB. It does work though, doesn't it. Try a smaller dose next time.

It took me about 1.5 weeks working with it to 'get regular'. Since then I haven't taken it. I keep it by, though, just in case. Now I just take 1 Mg plus the DM. No other Mg and no P.

Sorry.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Um, babies cost more than $500 a month... just sayin'. I pay $125 a WEEK in childcare alone. Diapers are $20 a box and a box lasts maybe 1/2 a week for a newborn. Formula is $11 a can and lasts about 2 days. Then there's baby food, cups, wipes, etc, etc, etc... it adds up to closer to $500 a WEEK, than $500 a month. Then there's clothes, baby gear - like strollers, cribs, carriers, car seats, LIFE INSURANCE, etc.

I'm not saying you should wait until you're "financially ready" b/c that'll never happen, but if you want one of you to stay home, you will need to wait a while for sure.
    There are ways to save, though. Cloth diapers last a long time, though there's an initial investment, hopefully there would be no need for formula, we could make baby food, and lots of things could be purchased through thrift stores or second-hand shops, if not gifted from family members. Hulky's sister has 3 kids and probably a lot of things to share/pass down. We would need to have at least 3 months worth of rent saved up. That alone will take a while!

[edit] Forgot to add, basically if we didn't have to pay rent, it'd be no problem right now. There's no way we're moving into my parents' house with a baby, though! Living there just with Hulky would drive me mad.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 04-04-2013 at 10:31 AM.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptocode View Post
    Hi Nameless,

Oh dear, I did respond to your Potassium experiment but in my journal, not yours. Put it down to age? Here's what it was:

LOLL. Probably because your body is thoroughly PB. It does work though, doesn't it. Try a smaller dose next time.

It took me about 1.5 weeks working with it to 'get regular'. Since then I haven't taken it. I keep it by, though, just in case. Now I just take 1 Mg plus the DM. No other Mg and no P.

Sorry.
    Thanks Cryptocode, I did see your response, just failed to reply back. I haven't tried the Potassium again yet. I might give a 1/2 pill a try this weekend, but we'll see how things go. I'm hoping things will improve once I start the Colostrum on Saturday.

Last time I tried Colostrum, I only had enough for about 10 days, but it did seem to help.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Weddings and births sound so complicated and expensive today. What a huge change since my time when one person working, even ditch digging or garbage hauling, could support the other and children. Not in great style, but not with great difficulty either. You can blame our Gov'ts for this.

Weddings make good memories, and like all good ceremonies they convince you that the deed is done. It really did happen. Committed, fini.
    That's the pro. The con is not only the expense but the stress which is huge. I think in retrospect I'd opt for a small civil ceremony with only the immediate family. Not quite the same as eloping but close.

Hulky and I had a good email session today about wedding stuff. We've got some ideas for back-up plans if the higher guest list count isn't going to work. I'm waiting to hear back from a caterer about some rental costs. I'll update my parents about our findings so far this weekend. Finding a cheap or free field/"venue" is going to be the biggest hurdle, I think.

Raw Fed Cats
    For my future reference. I just bought the eBook. I would really like to get Fae back on raw food, but need to do some more reading & prep this time.
    *edit* Dammit, I bought the website text PDF, for $3. The eBook is $10. Sigh. Whatever. I'll just start adding some raw meat to Fae's wet food meals.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 04-04-2013 at 01:54 PM.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    For what its worth......... my opinion.............. think HEAVILY on the eloping option.

And if you have no interest in the DIY route - then think SMALL, and INTIMATE. or elope.

Weddings are HIGHLY OVER RATED! and rediculously expensive. The memories are wonderful - but not worth all the stress and expense.
    Weddings are the leading cause of divorce!

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    you can come and have your wedding on my lawn .................... and that would sort half the guests out as well !!!!!!!
    .............and I am being serious................
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    There are ways to save, though. Cloth diapers last a long time, though there's an initial investment, hopefully there would be no need for formula, we could make baby food, and lots of things could be purchased through thrift stores or second-hand shops, if not gifted from family members. Hulky's sister has 3 kids and probably a lot of things to share/pass down. We would need to have at least 3 months worth of rent saved up. That alone will take a while!

[edit] Forgot to add, basically if we didn't have to pay rent, it'd be no problem right now. There's no way we're moving into my parents' house with a baby, though! Living there just with Hulky would drive me mad.
    Both of my sons were in cloth diapers... back in the stone ages. Cloth diapers have some advantages.... and some disadvantages. Sure, they are cheaper, in that you purchase them only once, but there are disadvantages that go along with that.... because they are not disposable, they have to be washed, which can get very pricy if you do not have a washer and diaper services are not exactly cheap. Depending on were you live a diaper service may not even be an option... so in the long run, compared to disposable, they may be cheaper, I'm not sure..... One other thing about cloth diapers is that they have to be changed much more frequently because they dont have the lining and absorbancy that disposable diapers have, so the wet cloth stays closer to the skin and can caause diaper rash more easily. One huge advantage cloth has to disposable is the "environmental" impact, if that is a concern for you.
    In some regards I am a "traditionalist"... I prefer cloth to disposable, for a variety of reasons, but I do agree that disposables are much easier to deal with than cloth, and that counts as well.