Page 380 of 774 FirstFirst ... 280330370378379380381382390430480 ... LastLast
Results 3,791 to 3,800 of 7739

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 380

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hmm, had a small section of chocolate (not even a full "square" on the bar of Green & Black's 85%) and had a very quick digestive response. Not a pleasant one either. Googling tells me that this is common with IBS (chocolate intolerance in particular).

So I think that means I have IBS-C (for constipation). IBS is kind of a general term for f'ed up bowels, as far as I understand. I'd like an official diagnosis for peace of mind. I guess that's a remnant in me that is still looking for answers from doctors.

I may try Miralax (after I give the colostrum a good run), as I've heard from multiple sources, including people here, that it's okay to use longer term. It's just another thing to try so I can definitively say "I've tried it". Googling "colostrum ibs-c" comes up with some positive results, so maybe I'll get lucky.

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed it's not a FODMAPS thing and just an unfortunate long-lived symptom of being too low carb (for my needs) for too long.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Made space in my inbox, btw.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    We were really on the skinny for our nuptuals! We used the church fellowship hall (no rent for the pastors kid), we gathered all the family the night before the wedding and cooked up pots and pots of curry and rice. We bought all the fixings for sandwiches for those not brave enough to eat the curry and made up really nice trays of meats and cheeses. We also had pots of chai and iced tea. The ceremony was only family and our closest friends - and then we had about 100 guests for the reception. It was a feast! All total we spent about $750, and that includes my clearance rack dress and all the clothes for the groom and the kids.

We were more interested in being married than getting married so it was really just a celebration! And no bills to worry about afterwards. Course, being the second marriage for both of us we didn't want the whole "wedding" thing happening.

$5000 will be plenty if you can find someplace that doesn't have "venue" in the description.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Sleepy, sleepy mctiredpants.

Last night, I just could not fall asleep. I swapped beds and slept alone, but woke up before 6AM again. WTF body? What do you want?! Okay, part of the problem was that I'd polished off the cheesecake and my stomach was bloated and gurgling. I felt physically uncomfortable, but at the same time, my mind was pretty clear, I just felt very wakeful. I used to have this problem a lot: tired, dragging my feet, but wake up the moment my head hits the pillow, then it takes an hour or longer to fall asleep. Welcome to my teenaged life. I didn't f'ing miss this. Why is it happening now?

Could be something related to carb level. Could just be all the fluctuations with supplements and stuff over the past few weeks. Just going to keep riding it out until it fixes itself or an answer becomes clear, but DEAR WHATEVER, I am so looking forward to sleeping as long as I want to on the weekend. Why is it not Friday yet?

Body: And in spite of all this weirdness, I woke up this morning to a flatter stomach than I have seen in weeks. My gut doesn't feel great, but not awful. Some pressure, but mostly able to ignore it. I am still working on my squats every time I use the bathroom at work, and before bed when I'm at home. That and stretching the hell out of my right hamstring seems to be helping my right hip be less crooked. My foot lies flatter (more like the other one) after I stretch the hamstring.

Supplements: I really had to choke down the water with the Vitamin C and L-Glutamine this morning. I don't know if it was my fatigue, my state of mind, or just being so done with this. I forgot my measuring spoon today so I'm hoping the plastic spoons here are near enough to a teaspoon. At this rate, it probably won't make a difference if I take it or not anyway. My allergies have changed with the season and one Zyrtec plus a full neti pot through each nostril is not enough anymore. I took two Zyrtec this morning, but there's plenty of gunk in my nose already. I may switch to Allegra and give that a trial. My right eye has been leaking a lot lately, which may have to do with my sinuses. This could all tie into the antibiotic, of course. Vitacost order with 5-HTP and colostrum doesn't come in until Saturday.

Food: Had my 3 eggs and 3 sausage links this AM. Was thinking last night, while I couldn't sleep, that maybe I should add something else to breakfast, like the mug cake. I have a large can of pumpkin puree still, just need to make sure I keep enough eggs "in stock" so I can have scrambled plus the one needed for the mug cake. I have plenty of coconut flour, still, and some almond flour. For lunch today, I have pork chop, rice, broc, banana, apple, and a Larabar. The avocados I bought last night are not going to be ready for a few days

Gut stuff: in my internet research last night, I read something that said that with IBS-C, even osmotic laxatives (laxatives that take water from colon walls to hydrate the stool so it can pass) stop working eventually. Magnesium and C work as osmotic laxatives, just like Miralax. So Miralax probably will not do anything for me at this point. I still wonder if a higher dose of Vitamin C would work, but I'm not sure I'm willing to find out.

Mood/brain: Clearly grumpy today. Worried about making it through the day without snapping someone's head off. I'm dying for this sleep issue to get resolved so my libido can come back! Also, semi-related, I can't stop thinking about BABIES. SHUT UP, HORMONES.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I agree with Tomi. Find a place that doesn't "market" to weddings. We had our wedding reception in the community hall at the County Fairgrounds (right next to the race track). It wasn't a magical place by any means, but it was cheap. $200 is what we paid to rent that for 5 hours (to be fair, we did get a discount b/c my stepmom worked for the fairboard - otherwise it would have only cost $400). We made all the food ourselves - pulled pork sandwiches, potato salad, baked beans, chips. Hell, even the cake cost us less than the church! Church officiant was $400, plus $125 for the organist. My dress was the most expensive part, with the whole get-up costing me 1,000 or so bucks (to include bustier, poofy slip thing, shoes and tiara - yep, I wore a tiara). Pictures cost us $750. Flowers were like $700, but I went with fresh flowers and my bouquet was HUGE! Roses, 2 kinds of orchids, alstromerias. Maids carried alstromerias. Where we saved money was with the videographer (my aunt) and decorations - most stuff (fall themed) came from the local Dollar General. Also got some straw bales from Brad's grandparents. Oh, and can't forget that the pig was given to us as a wedding gift from the same grandparents.

You can totally save money on a wedding if you're willing to do some of the work yourself. I would highly recommend doing the FOOD yourself b/c catering is effing expensive!! My sister paid $1,000 for lunch meat sandwiches and potato salad to be catered in.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Yeah, we did the food ourselves. The porterhouses were a gift from a friend of my Dad's (the perks of knowing a butcher), we bought the cake from HEB ($200 vs $450), I made the grooms cake, bought everything else. I bought a few bunches of roses and wildflower looking flowers at HEB and bound the bouquets (mine and my sister's) myself with cheap ribbon from Hobby Lobby. Dad and Uncle insisted on doing the cooking (MIL and FIL ended up insisting on helping.) If you look through my wedding photos, you can definitely see a difference in attire between ceremony and reception. Ceremony was standard summer wedding clothes, for the reception everyone (excepting a few) was in casual wear. (Dad and Uncle wear in chef clothes, which is why the photos of my dance with my dad has him in his chili pepper pants and not the suit.) An MP3 player was our music source (and the source of one of our wedding stories.) The photos were what everyone else took, nothing professional. Video done by a nonprofessional friend, including commentary (kinda funny, actually.)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Problem is, we're not willing to DIY very much. I DIY so many other aspects of my life, this is something I just don't want to mess with. I don't want the stress!
    -No way we're prepping our own food. I don't want that stress and we do not have enough people around that could help with it. We need to get some more quotes, but one super casual BBQ caterer was only about $1500. We're thinking maybe around $2k, but that depends on a lot of things. Also, prepping food and then travelling with it to Maine would not really work, would also be difficult to prep the food there unless we had like a week before the wedding just to prep, but I need to reserve that PTO for honeymoon!
    -Hulky's mom is doing flowers, so that's not part of the budget.
    -My mom is paying for my dress, so that's not part of the budget.
    -ccraaappp I keep forgetting about photos. Liz said she is doing them, but we haven't formally discussed it and I don't know if she'd be charging, and if so, how much.
    -Basically all ceremony things are not part of the budget. At Baba's, we would just need to factor in seating (hay bales, maybe, or see if my dad and I can make some log benches), and a refreshment area (access to the well water, or bottled water, maybe some containers with lemonade & light snackage).
    -Definitely renting speakers & hooking up an iPod or laptop. Someone told me that would probably be about $150.
    -A friend of ours has a decent amount of disposable income and wants to give us money for the wedding as a gift. I think he was going to pitch in about $1k, which could possibly put as at max budget of $7k, if my parents can stretch things IF we need it.

Still pricing things out, just information gathering. Biggest problem is I can't find any outdoors spaces that allow you to rent and allow alcohol. Really need to get a hold of those family friends up in Maine...

Oh my word... a wedding gift fo $1k??? That's some friend!!

You can rent roasters that hold a SHIT TON of meat and you can easily fit 3-4 of these in a standard trunk. Roasters are like really large crockpots. For pulled pork, you set them in the roaster with a couple cups of water, let it cook all day, then shred it that night after it's cooked. Toss it in a freezer until the wedding day, place back in roasters to heat, add bbq sauce and viola! You're done. You could even batch cook it over a period of weeks. We do this at least 3x per year b/c it's so simple, time efficient and feeds so many people. We make it work with only 6 people. So you, Hulky, Mom, Dad, Hulky's Mom and Hulky's Dad could make easy work of it. Only conflict I see is that you'd need a deep freezer for storage, but you can get one of those for less than $100 at Lowes.

Ok, scratch the $100... They're $170. Shop Holiday 5 cu ft Chest Freezer (White) at Lowes.com

My grandmother has a freezer in the basement. I think it's a pretty big one, like a fridge laid down, not the one you linked. My parents have one, about the size of that one you linked.

I don't know, I still don't want to do it. I'm tired and grumpy today, though.

Every now and then, Hulky or I will say "Can we just elope?" And the answer is always, "Yes, but let's get some more information first." Knowing that it's an option makes this so much less stressful. I hypothesized to him that if my parents could give us the $5k and we decided to elope, we could do a couple of dinners with people around here to celebrate and then do a vacation in the DC area and visit with my aunt and cousins down there. We might even have enough money leftover for a real vacation after that, otherwise we could put that money towards moving.

To get my mind off baby, I did some math. In order for us to afford our current debts, regular payments, and groceries, plus maybe $500 for baby (childcare, extra food, whatever): with one of us working, we'd have to make almost twice what I make now! With both of us working, we'd just need to save up and then have however much extra per month for childcare. I don't like that option though. I'd like for one of us to be at home. This of course depends on how much we'd be paying for rent, and if we move out of MA, that will likely decrease.