Page 379 of 797 FirstFirst ... 279329369377378379380381389429479 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,790 of 7966

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 379

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Is kitty eating good? Is she losing weight? Have you wormed her lately? Which reminds me.............. bobo kitty could probably use a worming as well. Cats are strange creatures! Bobo will have the same behavior and patterns for a long time, and then one day she'll do something really strange - the other night she was trying to figure out how to get up on the fireplace mantle - she's never done that before, and she's 11 years old!

Crazy dream! How funny that you could see all the calculations changing Our brains do weird things when we sleep.

So, I'm guessing you're not planning to wear a traditional white wedding gown? I do hope you'll post pictures of the big day!

As for BM issues. I find chocolate always makes me have softer movements. Maybe you should eat some dark chocolate every day for a couple weeks and see if there is any change?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    She was not eating well, very suddenly, so that's why she's on the wet food right now. I've never had a cat wormed (nor has my family ever done that) so I don't know anything about that. She has been losing weight, but she's fat to begin with, so I can't say that it seems very unhealthy at this point. We'll see how things go on the wet food. She's been eating it all up. The food I got requires 2 packets per day for 10 lbs body weight, which is the ultimate goal weight for her, I think.

I wonder what it is about chocolate that does that.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

My lunch today. I thought I'd be ravenous, but I haven't eaten the avocado or orange and have no inclination. I guess I will have those with dinner! Inside the covered Pyrex was rice, green beans, and two boneless & skinless chicken thighs.

My hair is so icky looking right now. The color is so faded. I don't really want to wash my hair so I can apply color. I wonder how well it would stick if I just put it on my unwashed hair. I may try, it's not like I'm short on dyes. Tonight I have to do laundry and get 5-HTP so it'll have to wait for some other night.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Worming a cat is just a matter of giving them pills or a liquid stuff that kills the worms and they "poo" them out.

I seem to remember you were feeding kitty chicken necks........ could be a small bone got lodged in her throat - that would cause the throwing up as her body was attempting to dislodge it. Is she strictly an indoor cat? If not - do some research on cat illnesses. If she's eating the wet food and not throwing up I'd suspect the problem was from the raw food. But if she continues to lose weight you might want to have a visit to the vet. $$$ ouch.

You're lunch looks yummy! I love fruit - but trying to stay low carb means zero fruit. That will be hard as summer approaches cuz I do LOVE melons - all kinds of melons!

Are you trying to give you're hair a rest before adding more color? How long has it been since you let it all go natural? You want your hair to be as healthy as possible for the wedding so maybe taking a good long color break is something to think about?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I was feeding her chicken necks, but they were slightly ground so no bones were whole. She is strictly indoors per land lady's policy. I figured the vomit this time was just something random. In the past, she has only vomited from the meat being bad (was going brown) or eating too quickly. This only occurred with the raw meat, never with kibble. She has never eaten wet food before this week, to my knowledge, in all her 10 years! We'll just keep an eye on her for now, but the vomiting has not continued (it was just a little bile one time) and she has been eating all the wet food just fine.

I'm not bleaching my hair, only talking about using temporary colors. That would not damage it at all.

Budget: I have about $200 to make it through till the 12th. I only need to buy groceries & more cat food, so this should be doable. I might even be able to afford filling up the car (if I drive Hulky to work, that'll be by this weekend, otherwise, probably not till next week), otherwise I'll ask Hulky if he can cover it. I realized recently (maybe I've said this before, but I forgot) that the money I set aside last summer and fall was to cover heating costs. I did overspend this winter, but not as badly as I'd originally thought. Right now, all I have left in savings is my tax return, basically. I am so looking forward to paying this one last oil bill so I can start saving again!

Food: I had the avocado and orange after work, then a sweet potato, and later I had a pork chop and some broc. I was still hungry and had cheesecake and chocolate again (just a nibble). Today's lunch is the same as yesterday's, but I left the avocado at home since I didn't want it yesterday. I have to go out and get more meat, more frozen veggies, and more cat food tonight.

Supplements: I got to the Vitamin Shoppe last night and got the cheapest bottle of 5-HTP, about $10, just to get me by until my order comes in from Vitacost. I forget if I said this, but I did get the colostrum. I went with powder form because it will help me make sure I am taking in enough water. Some of the reviews on Vitacost are very negative about the smell/taste, but I read others (maybe on Amazon) that said it's kind of pleasant. I'm interested to see how it seems to me. Anyway, I can't remember how much 5-HTP I took last night. Feeling pretty tired today. The antibiotic is making me burp a lot.

Mood/brain: I felt pretty good yesterday, but my anxiety started to get worse and worse yesterday evening. I felt better within 10 minutes of taking the 5-HTP, it was pretty incredible. "The Mood Cure" describes this effect, but I haven't had opportunity to really notice it before. I feel kind of scattered today. A little depressed maybe. I hope I can recover by tomorrow, tired of all these fluctuations.

Sleep: I was exhausted after taking the first part of my 5-HTP dose (100mg, and I can't remember if I took more just before bed, and if so, how much). I was in bed before 10PM, mostly kept up by laundry that needed to be put away. I dump it on the bed so I can't put off folding it, it has to get put away before I can sleep! I woke up before 6AM. I remember hearing the heating turn on at 6. Not groggy, but tired today. Not exhausted either. It's weird that there are different degrees of exhaustion/fatigue/tiredness.

Gut (TMI): My lower abdomen has been perpetually swollen for the past couple of weeks now. It's been during that time that I've struggled with doses of Vitamin C and when I tried the senna tea. I took 12g of Vitamin C yesterday, had two BMs in the evening, the second of which again left me with gut pain & discomfort. That was after the nibble of chocolate. This morning, I had loose stools. I could tell I would need to go before leaving for work, even before I took my vitamin C (it usually doesn't work that quickly, not in less than an hour). I brought the Vitamin C to work so I can take 12g again today. I'm trying to see if I can build up the dose so that this will be adequate. Taking a 4th dose per day is kind of hassle because it means adding more per dose (tastes bad) or drinking more water right before bed (will wake me up needing to pee).

Wedding anxiety: Hulky and I feel frustrated and constrained by the $5k budget. We don't know if my parents would be paying for stuff as we go (after we get a rough idea for how much what we want to do will cost), or if they'll just cut us a check. I don't think they'd be cutting us a check unless we ask to do it that way (but they may not have the $5k now, just expecting to be able to spend that much by next year). I need to get over my phone anxiety and call the tent rental company in Maine. I am sure it will be easy enough to get a rough estimate from them. We still don't know where we'd be doing this. My calculations on required square footage do not allow for the whole thing to occur at my grandmother's property, there is not enough open space without trees.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I sent you a PM.

I hope the wedding anxieties relax soon. It is doable on a 5k budget. I promise. That's what I spent.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Yep. That's all we spent (a little less, actually.) Is there a place known in the area for family reunions and such? Not necessarily a park, but even a bright, wide open piece of land. Someone's back forty or something. I found ours (granted, it was 3 hours from the nearest airport) by hunting for "ranch rental event West Texas."
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    We've got some connections, we're going to make inquiries about such places. A family friend has a few fields, I think, and we might be able to use one of them, as long as there is electricity. My dad was supposed to talk to them, but I don't think he's had the chance yet, so I'm probably going to have to suck it up and do it.

The cool thing is, if it's on private property, we could have some of our friends camp out there overnight. I wonder if Hulky would be up for that.

Lunch: rice, broc, chicken thigh (only one), banana, Larabar, tiny apple, orange. Was still hungry!

Home now, had an avocado, about to nuke my sweet potato.