Page 377 of 798 FirstFirst ... 277327367375376377378379387427477 ... LastLast
Results 3,761 to 3,770 of 7977

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 377

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    There's no allure to overspending, trust me, we do not have the money! Hulky and I are just barely not living paycheck to paycheck right now, we have very minimal savings and I don't expect to have much more next year. We don't even have enough to cover a month's worth of rent, should anything happen. Not good! My parents are going to pay for most of everything. They will likely pay for about 90% of it, with the last 10% being Hulky's suit and our gifts to best man and best lady (and whoever else we feel like).

I'm hoping I'll get a more-than-decent raise that will really help all our savings. My annual review is in May, so we'll find out then. Last year, I got a 12% raise, but that was probably mostly to make up for starting me kind of low, since I didn't have any corporate technical experience (worked at my university and then as a tech in a Sony retail store). They told me it was for the increase in responsibilities I had and would be taking on. They said a typical raise is 3-5% every year, sometimes 7-10% if someone is REALLY exceptional. He put in a special request to get my raise at 12%.

If I get my A+ certification this year, that might be grounds for a better raise next year, but I don't have the money for the exams now, or even the study materials! That would only help our savings after May of next year, so it wouldn't really impact the wedding, maybe just the honeymoon.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

18 of the Best Autocorrect Struggles | FB TroublemakersFB Troublemakers
    I just can't get over these. I have laughed my ass off every day I've read them. The one that starts with "Thinking of you <4" is my favorite.

I had a great time with Venus. We had an impromptu thrift-shopping excursion this morning and I bought two pairs of jeans and a prom dress that I'm going to re-style. It's teal. I think I could make a cute strapless tea-length stress out of it. It fits very well in the bodice, so I just have to figure out how to neatly remove the straps & ensure it will always stay up high enough. I also got another parking ticket because the meter ate my first quarter and we ran out of quarters in the damn car! She gave me $10 towards the ticket, so I'll probably use that to get more quarters for the car.

Off for a spot of laundry, checking out my parents' new deck, and then a Doctor Who viewing party!

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Isn't banana supposed to be "binding"? Maybe, if I'm right, it would be a good idea to stop eat those for a bit. Could be contributing to the blockage? Maybe I should have googled that before I wrote it - but seems to me I was told to eat banana's for diarrhea.

Just a thought..........

any progress on finding a venue for the wedding?
    My grandmother taught me that too "bananas are binding". I still believe it. But it don't know why. Mg and P are certainly not binding.

BIG BIG Congratulations on your upcoming marriage. BIG

"I like the comradery among many of the journalers. We have a lot of people here with good senses of humor. Some people just write about their lives and get a discussion going. Some people post food logs for reference and feedback, with some specific goal in mind. "

Sounds great. Seems like I spend a great lot of time on my computer now-a-days. This is a huge change from pre-PB, and I don't get nearly enough exercise. However, I don't feel ready yet. My energy level is building up, slowly. Thanks for the help, I'll try this.

Thanks, Cryptocode! I definitely relate on finding the energy for exercise. After feeling constantly fatigued for the better part of 10 years (throughout my teen years and slightly beyond), pushing myself to exercise was not going to happen. The energy took some time for me to find, but it did come, and I dabble in exercise routines now and then. I'm still working on how to incorporate movement regularly so it's not just occasional . I tend to start things up and then drop them before resuming again for a couple weeks at a time.

Weekend recap: Friday night with Venus, we went to Boston Burger Company (I got a Green Monstah, which had guac, pico de gallo, and cheddah; we split the garlic parm fries) and then watched some Futurama with Hulky, Chip, & Chip's girlfriend visiting from Iowa. Saturday morning, Venus and I went out for breakfast (I got gluten-free stuffed French Toast with a side of bacon and a banana & macadamia flavored hot chocolate) and then hit up a Goodwill in Central Sq that I didn't know existed. I got two pairs of jeans (one needs to be pegged a little on the legs, but the other is perfect) and a prom dress that I think I can revamp into a party dress of some kind. It came to about $20 total. I feel a lot more confident about hanging out with Venus now, we had a great time. Saturday night, we had a Doctor Who dinner party with friends, which was also a blast. Sunday, we drove the Mustang a little (in the neighborhood), brought it over to Hulky's parents' house and had Easter dinner (I had ham, corn, rice, and cheesy potatoes).

Basically, a busy, but very fun weekend.

Sleep: My sleep was still suffering over the weekend, but after all that busy-ness, I seem to have tuckered myself out. I slept well last night. I woke up around 6AM (could tell by the sound of the furnace switching on) this morning and feel a little tired, but not fatigued like last week.

Supplements: I'm still sticking with the regimen I outlined last week. Vitamin C & L-Glutamine in the morning, with Iodine, Vitamin D, and Vitex (has been every other day, but I'm playing it by ear based on libido and energy levels during exertion [uh...not necessarily during sex haha]). Evening is Vitamin C & L-Glutamine, then 5-HTP at dinner and before bed. I worked my way back up to 150mg and I think that's still the right dose for me. I'm on my 4th dose of the antibiotic for the persistent athlete's foot.

Gut (TMI): It seems like I can get away with 8g of Vitamin C for the day, split into two doses (morning and evening), but that may not be enough. Things to do not move quite so comfortably on just 8g, especially not when I have wheat on the weekends. I think I will add a pre-lunch mid-day dose tomorrow (just 2g), I just need to bring the Vitamin C powder to work with me. It took till this morning for my gut to finally feel better. My appetite was mostly missing all weekend until yesterday evening.

Mood/brain: I felt pretty happy all weekend. I definitely had some stressed moments, but Hulky and I were overall very upbeat and had a wonderful time together. We were super lovey-dovey yesterday, definitely nice to be outside in the sun together.

Body: I find myself feeling a bit anxious over the persistent bloating I've been having lately. I am sure it will be better once I get the right vitamin C dose, but right now, I am worrying about gaining fat. The scale in the bathroom at the dinner party on Saturday said I'm 130. I look at my body and I don't feel like I look like I did the last time I weighed this much (late 2011/early 2012?) I can't imagine I've gained that much muscle from squats & push-ups already, so it must be stool/water weight. Feel pathetic for worrying over this. I am not in any danger. I sometimes with we had a full-length mirror, but other times, I am glad we do not. In happier news, the stretches I've been doing on my right hamstring are paying off because my leg is so much less tight today. I am going to take a walk during my lunch-break today and enjoy the good weather!

Food: My increased starch experiment was definitely thrown off by the consumption of wheat over the weekend. I had starchy fruits (banana, apples), sweet potatoes, and rice all weekend long. I don't think I had enough starch on either day, though. I have a fairly large lunch prepped for today that I may start eating soon (I'm hungry!). Chicken thighs, green beans, rice, orange, apple (the tiniest friggin' apple!), Apple Pie Larabar, and an avocado. I had 3 eggs for breakfast and meant to eat something else, but was a little slow in getting ready/wasted some time on the computer.

Other: The Mustang needs a new radiator. Either Hulky forgot to tell me or I forgot that he told me. It's not an expensive part, but I'll have to wait and see how the expenses go this weekend before I order anything. I need to figure out Hulky's birthday gift! I have less than 2 weeks now. I was thinking of getting him an Incredible Hulk t-shirt, but I can't find one that I like.

Hulky is donating blood right now, doing double red blood cells because he's awesome. I want to try donating again, but my first experience is making me scared. In May, it will have been one year since my tattoo was finished, so I could donate any time after that. I wonder if I was too low carb at that time (Fall 2011), and that's what caused me to nearly pass out. It was pretty scary.

Wedding: Hulky and I decided to let the #1 venue go. We left a VM with the owner mid-last week and she didn't get back to us, plus we realized that there's no way it's going to work in our budget. We're moving forward with the idea of using an outdoors space and going for a tent setup. The Maritime Museum in Bath has a yard you can rent for such occasions, but it's $3k just to use the space! I'm hoping we can either make it work at my grandmother's house (but I think there's too many trees to fit an adequate tent) or one of her friend's fields (I think they rent them out for fairs occasionally, so there should be electricity). I have to call some of the rental places up there to get an idea of how big a tent we'd need for ~65 people, with round tables for a sit-down dinner, a buffet area for dinner & dessert, and a dance floor, plus how much that might all cost!

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I think the tent idea will work nicely! What about local parks? Usually minimal cost and often beautiful scenery. Shouldn't need too much space for 65 people.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

geostump is offline Senior Member
    We watched Saturday's Doctor Who episode 3 times already. I do like Clara but miss Amy and Rory. Did you see The Nerdist? We loved that show.
    Georgette

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    I think the tent idea will work nicely! What about local parks? Usually minimal cost and often beautiful scenery. Shouldn't need too much space for 65 people.
    Keeping it in mind, but you can't serve alcohol and we really want to have booze!

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    We watched Saturday's Doctor Who episode 3 times already. I do like Clara but miss Amy and Rory. Did you see The Nerdist? We loved that show.
    I like Clara but I don't want another romantic interest and am hoping it doesn't go that way. I couldn't tell from their interactions if they were just teasing. I loved their banter though! I haven't watched The Nerdist before, we don't get BBC America at our apartment. I like the article they have about "The Bells of St John" on the website though.