Page 376 of 748 FirstFirst ... 276326366374375376377378386426476 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,760 of 7474

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 376

patski is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Why would one be sorry for getting peroxide on their foot?
    With fungus present, it will sting and burn like nobody's business. Tasha herself will come over and kick my ass, even though I warned her.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

patski is offline Senior Member
    Tasha,

Save up slowly for the MBSR course You won't regret it, I promise!
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    Save up slowly for the MBSR course You won't regret it, I promise!
    It will be very slowly, since I've got a wedding to save for and bills to pay off! I've got the local course bookmarked so I don't forget.

--

Therapy was good today. It was helpful to be reminded that my current mind issues are mostly from lack of restful sleep. Hopefully, this weekend will be better. I'll knock up the 5-HTP dose to 100 mg tonight.

I'm hoping Hulky and I can get out to the jewelry store in Harvard Square this weekend and find a good spinner ring for him. The store is the one I go to for my piercing needs. They are partnered with the piercing/tattoo shop across the way (inside a kind of "mall" called The Garage) and have a wide assortment of body jewelry, for piercings or non-pierced wear. I am definitely planning on looking there for some new earrings when I'm looking for wedding adornments. My first lobe piercings are 10 gauge and I want to wear something special in those.

I skipped the neti pot this morning (tired, slept in, not enough time) and am now regretting it. I've got a nose bleed threatening. Damn my sensitive nostrils!

I wish Orthodox Easter was not so far away (not till May this year!). I'm looking forward to warm weather, eating lots of meat, and getting drunk with family & friends. My dad always makes pepper vodka and lemon vodka (soak slices hot peppers in vodka until "taste", lemon peels in vodka until "taste"). The pepper vodka is a great sinus clearer. Hulky and I are going to bring some of his family over. I'm looking forward to getting his (tattooed, mostly by himself, doesn't GAF about your tattoos or lack of) brother trashed and seeing how he gets along with my sister's (traditionally tattooed, as in Sailor Jerry style, has some strong opinions about being part of "tattoo culture") fiancÚ. We need a little devil-horned emoticon... It should be an amusing instance of culture clash.

Oh, my parents just got their back deck re-done! It wasn't in the best of shape when they bought the house ~17 years ago (forget how old I was) and was at risk for falling apart. I wish I could've seen it get dissembled, but I'm psyched to see the new deck this weekend. It'll be great for the Pascha party and engagement party (which we've decided will be the second weekend in July).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Oh, some good news for me: the antibiotics for my evil toesies got approved by insurance (I thought prior authorization would take longer, so I guess my doctor's office is awesome?). Co-pay is $10. I'll pick that up on my way home from work!

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Glad your toes will heal soon! How annoying!

I hear you on the fatigue. I am using some bee pollen crystals in my smoothies to help, it is some, but not great yet. Also got a site from a friend on magnesium deficiency and fatigue, so I think I'll order some of the spray and give it a whirl. More energy would be cool! HOW MAGNESIUM DEFICIENCY CAUSES LOW ENERGY LEVELS | Fitlife.TV | Health Education | Fitness Education | Healthy Recipes

Good luck on the ring shopping. Enjoy this time!

Wellness Mama has an article about making your own magnesium spray: How to Make Magnesium Oil to Improve Sleep and Reduce Stress

I'm very curious about the use of bee products. I got a good source of local honey last year and found that it alleviated my allergies very briefly after taking it, but have not been able to find that same honey since. I may start looking again this year. Whole Foods has some raw local honeys, but none of those have had the same effect or tasted quite as good! There are some local bee pollen/crystals available at WF too and I'm kind of tempted to try them, but don't know what to look for in terms of results.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Isn't banana supposed to be "binding"? Maybe, if I'm right, it would be a good idea to stop eat those for a bit. Could be contributing to the blockage? Maybe I should have googled that before I wrote it - but seems to me I was told to eat banana's for diarrhea.

Just a thought..........

any progress on finding a venue for the wedding?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Oh yes, the full weekend recap because I'm writing an absurd amount today anyway and I'm going to be pretty busy!

Friday night: Hang with friend, maybe also Hulky, Chip (future BIL), Chip's girlfriend (visiting from Iowa). We'll see! Fingers crossed that Fae eats.
    Saturday morning: Breakfast and hot drinks with friend. Fingers crossed that Fae eats/feeding her some wet food if she won't eat the chicken.
    Saturday afternoon: Visiting with my mom about wedding things, checking out their new back deck, doing some laundry over there, maybe looking at a ring for Hulky?
    Saturday PM: Doctor Who viewing party with friends, dinner included

Sunday: Easter dinner & such with Hulky's family, bringing the Mustang over to their house to store temporarily while Hulky's dad figures out some issues (potential exhaust leak, door poppers not always working). Maybe look at a ring for Hulky if dinner is a little later in the afternoon.

Somewhere in there, I also need to get some meat for us to re-stock the freezer.

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Isn't banana supposed to be "binding"? Maybe, if I'm right, it would be a good idea to stop eat those for a bit. Could be contributing to the blockage? Maybe I should have googled that before I wrote it - but seems to me I was told to eat banana's for diarrhea.

Just a thought..........

any progress on finding a venue for the wedding?
    I have read the opposite about bananas, due to their potassium content. I only just started eating them again, so they were not contributing them to the problem before. I'm eating them for their starch content.

We are waiting to hear back from our #1 venue choice so we can list out a kind of reception scenario and see how much it might cost. We need to find some time this weekend to call again and see if she got the voicemail we left earlier this week. I'm really nervous and still thinking it will be well beyond our budget.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I must have got my facts reversed then....... maybe I was told NOT to eat them if I have diarrhea!

I will encourage you to stick firm to your budget and not let the allure of a specific venue cause you to over spend. It will come back to bite you in the butt later. The biggest cause of marital strife is money problems............ so do everything you possible can to not let that be a part of your life. thats mom talking...........
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140