Page 375 of 797 FirstFirst ... 275325365373374375376377385425475 ... LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,750 of 7964

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 375

patski is offline Senior Member
    Tasha,

That university story is fucked up. College kids should be able to get hammered without fear that they'll be raped. It's a part of post-secondary education dammit! The Stuebenville case certainly puts things into perspective, and I really hope kids will think twice before getting hammered at parties. But they won't.

I think more women need to take a self-defense course. My wife's dojo had one a few months back and I couldn't make it for some reason. Shit, I think they need to be taught in college and they ought to be mandatory! Especially if you live on res!

My starch consumption: a lot? LOL I'll generally eat an entire sweet potato with whatever meat I have for breakfast. Lunch is meat, some sort of cooked vegetable, but a little bit of potato again. Dinner is almost the same as breakfast.

Last night I polished off an enormous shawarma plate. It comes with salad with some pickled vegetables, side of potatoes and carrot cooked in a lovely tomato sauce, and of course, a generous helping of jasmine or basmati rice, chicken shawarma on top, with tahini sauce and tzaziki or however you spell it. I actually didn't finish off all the rice as I was getting super full. But I usually do.

I'm thinking I eat a lot more starch than the average primal-ite here. I worry a little that I'm doing things wrong. But all I know is, high fat makes me feel like shit and I'm very sluggish. If I have too much fat in the presence of protein and high starch, I will also feel ill, and my gastritis flares up. So, I'm going by how I feel.

I also dance my ass off 2 - 3x a week. I'm tall and lanky. I think I can afford the starch
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

When I had my plantar fasciitis last year, rolling my foot over a golf ball was very helpful.

Sux about the $$$, NW. Everybody with their greedy paws out.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Patski, taking a self defense course is definitely on my long to-do list. Hulky teaches me things here and there, and occasionally, when playing around, I'll let out a really good punch, but as I laugh and feel proud for connecting, I also feel incredibly bad for slugging my SO! He is equally torn, haha. He knows too much about fighting (lots of martial arts and...life experience) to be able to boil it down to "essentials" for me, so I guess I'll just have to go general and either pick one fighting form to focus on, or find a self-defense course. I have never seen one being offered through the community programs.

Thanks for the starch feedback. I've noticed some improvements, perhaps completely unrelated, since adding more starches. I am looking forward to more potatoes tonight . I think starch in the morning will make a big difference too. I am definitely going to get some tapioca flour for baking with. It's supposed to be a really nice consistency.

FW, I don't think we have any golf balls, but they were in my mind when I was thinking about this earlier and I could not remember what they were called >< Brain fart!

Doctor update: She prescribed me an oral antibiotic to take for 2 weeks while continuing external treatment (will pick that up tonight after work, probably walk to CVS from the apartment). She told me to keep my socks off entirely when at home. I'm hesitant to sleep without socks because I don't want to have to wash the sheets every night. Perhaps I'll just air out the bed every day and use some disinfectant spray (conveniently scented as "Fresh Linen") on the foot area.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 03-28-2013 at 11:17 AM.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

patski is offline Senior Member
    Disinfectant spray: white vinegar, maybe with a few drops of a good essential oil.

Another disinfectant spray: hydrogen peroxide. DO NOT GET THIS ON YOUR FOOT. You will be sorry! Don't ask how I know -_-
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Why would one be sorry for getting peroxide on their foot?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is offline Senior Member
    The peroxide will sting!!! on the tender skin where its infected.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Having some shut-in anxiety this evening. My prescription requires prior authorization, which means I may not be able to get it for a week. I'm supposed to hang with a friend tomorrow night, but I'm not sure what to do with her. I don't hang out with friends one on one anymore, not really since college, but mostly not since high school. I feel anxious about entertaining her and having things to do. We only see each other about once a year (saw each other last fall when I went to Salem).

I made dinner all week and tonight I do not feel like it. I'm wondering if effects of possibly having too much serotonin have worn off and now I need more 5-HTP. I'm going to start at 50mg tonight.

You got some funky-ass feet, chile.

Maybe just dip 'em in lava?

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Rent some chic-flicks, have some easy primal munchies, kick back and just enjoy being with an good friend You could bake some chicken legs and have baked sweet potato wedges with them. Make a primal dessert too.

Don't think too much about what you're gonna do or talk about it - just let it happen and relax
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hello, fatigue, you are becoming all too familiar. I did not miss this feeling. Another night of poor sleep. I snoozed this morning and skipped breakfast again. I am sure that is factoring in to the need for 5-HTP. Julia Ross says that skipping a meal is starving your system of amino acids, so we have to take supplements to make up for it, or eat more later on.

Last night, I took 1 50mg capsule of 5-HTP. I felt the anxiety reduce after taking it. This morning, I took 500mg of L-Tyrosine to try and stave off the anxiety I had yesterday. I'm tired enough that I am having more tea this morning purposely for the caffeination (it was very helpful yesterday)! Maybe it was just the caffeine wearing off that made me anxious last night. Hydration might help that, I did not drink enough water yesterday. This morning, I took 2g of Vitamin C (instead of 4, but I think I should have stayed at the higher dose for now) and 4.5g of L-Glutamine, mixed in water with a drop of Iodine and 8,000 IU of Vitamin D, as well as a Vitex capsule. I'm going to take it every other day for now, as every day feels like too much (too many "LET'S HAVE BABIES RIGHT NOW" thoughts, but comfortable libido improvement). I'll take more L-Glutamine and Vitamin C tonight, on an empty stomach, when I get home from work.

I had a banana little while ago and am drinking water now. Making tea soon.

Oh right, the thing that woke me up last night was painful (non-moving) gas. Yesterday evening, I had a sweet potato, some sauerkraut, broccoli, and a pork chop. I might've eaten a banana too. I wonder if that was too much starch after the rice I'd had at lunch. I felt okay when I went to bed so I'm really confused about the gas kicking in at 2AM. Maybe I ate too close to bedtime. I don't think I finished making dinner till around 8:30. Maybe I can't do cruciferous veg as much anymore. More food intolerance?! Gr.

Therapy today. Right now, I'd rather not go so I have more time to clean up the apartment before my friend gets here from CT. She invited me to a sweat lodge in CT tonight, but I don't think I could get there in time, in rush hour, so as far as I know, the plan is still that she will come up here.