Page 374 of 737 FirstFirst ... 274324364372373374375376384424474 ... LastLast
Results 3,731 to 3,740 of 7370

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 374

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    It's definitely not normal, for me, right now. I feel very uncomfortable! My gut feels awful if I can't go regularly. Once a week is not enough!

TMI: We can't have sex if I'm completely constipated because there's too much pressure from my intestines! It's very uncomfortable. Also, gut-related, after Monday's diarrhea, I took nothing yesterday, had 4g of Vitamin C this morning, and just had a normal bowel movement. I still look a bit bloated and intestines feel too full, but it's improvement. I am undecided if I will take another dose of Vitamin C tonight or wait till tomorrow morning.

I think a PHD-style diet with lots of starches is my next test. Easy enough to try out!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

My toes are so itchy right now, I feel like crying. I wish I had another pair of socks to change into. I could go home and get some, but I think my toes will only feel better after I can soak them tonight. I wish I could go home right now and let them soak!

I'm going to eat my lunch now and go for a walk. Maybe that will help.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Did you ever try some Lamicil? I think it comes in a spray bottle/can. I feel so bad for you! :*(

I think the higher starch thing is a really good idea for you. And like you said, higher starch is NOT higher sugar. Just more healthy veggies and fruits. And if it helps the with constipation! WOOHOO!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I have been using over the counter (OTC) creams and powder for the past week+. It gets a little better, and then back to where it was.

Going for a walk now. I can't leave work because I have an appointment with someone here at 2pm. I might try and leave a little early though!

tomi is offline Senior Member
    well it certainly sounds like the infection is deep rooted enough that topical OTC stuff is not going to work. Some antibiotics and heavy duty topical anti-fungal is needed! Hope you're feeling better soon
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Of course, my toes are better today! I'm still going to beg and plead for more aggressive treatment at my appointment today. They've gotten to this point of improvement before, but it comes back. If I could soak my toes twice a day, that might help, but it's hard to work that into my daily schedule. I don't have time to just sit in the morning.

Note to self (and others): don't buy loofahs from Whole Foods. The tie on ours broke after one day! We have a wash cloth so until I can go out and find a bigger and better one, we'll just use that. I can probably relieve my parents of some of their wash cloths since they have a ton and some are kind of old and ratty. As long as I can scrub myself with it and wash it, I don't really care.

I've been sleeping kind of rough lately. I've been drinking water too late at night so I have to wake up to pee during the night. This morning, I snoozed and didn't eat breakfast. I don't remember getting up last night, or waking up, but I must have because I was exhausted. Fortunately, it was not coupled with anxiety or depression, so I was able to drag myself out of bed with relative ease. That's a very strange sensation for me, since historically, I've usually felt very bad mentally when I wake up exhausted.

The weather is improving and I'm looking forward to biking again. As soon as it gets warmer overnight (over 40F), I'll probably bike for a bit in the evening (leggings and a light jacket/sweatshirt? Do I own one?). I really want to push myself, feel the DOMS, and get faster! I'm going to ask my parents if they'll pay to get my bike totally tuned up for my birthday in June. It can range anywhere from $75-over $100 depending on where you take it and what you have done. It's probably a good idea for me to get the wheels trued at least twice every season, as the roads/bike path are pretty rough here.

I'm frustrated with my perpetually crooked right hip. I can't walk toe-first because my right foot doesn't lay properly. On my left foot, I can put the little toe mound down first, roll over to the ball of my foot, and then roll the rest of my foot down. On my right foot, the center toe mounds seem really prominent, as though something as too tight, so I can't roll my foot flat. The mound area isn't flat like on the other foot, the center feels like it protrudes. I'm sure this has to do with my tight hamstring and I'm just hoping that if I'm consistent with stretching it out, every day, or multiple times a day, a LOT, it will improve. I may also massage that arch... maybe I should get a tennis ball or something that I can roll my foot over.
    http://www.yogaartandscience.com/pbl..._entry78_1.png
    For foot area reference.

I'm worried about the cat again. She's been snuggling up in warm places a lot lately, which is pretty typical for cats, but she's never snuggled under blankets on her own before. We sometimes find her as a lump in the bed. It's weird that she'd be doing this as it gets warmer instead of in the dead of winter. She was also curling up on me persistnatly last night. I would get up, do something, and come back to the couch and she'd come right back to sit on my lap. She's never done that before either. It was nice, but I'm kind of concerned. I looked up signs of illness in cats and she's not really exhibiting anything except slightly reduced appetite. She's eating about 3/4 of what I put on the plate. I think that means she's eating about 2% of her ideal body weight in ounces, when I'm serving her around 3%. Maybe she's just not hungry for the rest, but she's whining a lot after I feed her. I'm supplementing with a little kibble for the next few days to see if her behavior changes. I'm also going to get some taurine supplements at the pet food store this weekend, since I have a $5 coupon and that's the only thing I'm really worried about her not getting.

Grrr Whole Foods didn't have the frozen pet food (chicken necks & backs) yesterday! They had packages of frozen chicken fat, though! That was weird. I bought "soup" makings they had packaged ,which looks like...chicken necks & backs, they just aren't all cut up. I'm going to sharpen the heck out of our knives tonight and see if I can get these in cat-edible sized pieces. I hope she'll eat it.

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    The BEST tool for rolling out the feet is an avocado pit! My yoga teacher gave me that little tip. Heaven. Especially if you have a good sized one.
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

Do they last okay? I don't want to end up with a moldy avocado pit rolling around .

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    No they don't. They dry out and crack in half eventually. Mine lasted a good couple of days. Bonus though, soft foot skin from avocado oil! I wipe/wash mine off with water and paper towel before rolling so that it doesn't make a mess.
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

Thanks, Kakes. I'll definitely try that out. My parents may have some balls hanging around from my brother's toys (I'm pretty sure they've thrown/given away practically none of his toys over the years, he's 15 now) so I'll also hunt for something more permanent from there.

I forgot to gripe about my latest money issue. I got a bill for a total of about $180 from the walk-in clinic at my hospital, when I went in about the un-ending bleeding (yes, it's finally over!) just over a month ago. My insurance is technically based on CA, so out-of-state, which usually means higher bills, but this is the first time I've ever been charged as out-of-state insurance ANYWHERE in the over 1.5 yrs I've had this insurance. I'm pissed. I have to call insurance to see if there's anything that can be done about it or if something changed.

Also, I parked on the street overnight like an idiot and now have a $25 parking ticket. I'll get rid of the parking ticket ASAP, but the medical bills are going to have to get small payments over the next few months, I think.