Page 373 of 767 FirstFirst ... 273323363371372373374375383423473 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,730 of 7669

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 373

patski is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I love apples, and I don't give a shit if they're toxic. I buy them organic mostly.

Don't eat fermented food or take Threelac if you've eaten poorly (ice cream). Let your body rid itself of that first, and then reintroduce it. I'm sure that's what's causing your gas.

Funny story for you! I'm in NYC, and a few days ago, I had a high fat day. My breakfast was pretty high fat, even though I had some starch in it. It was bacon, and tuna/avocado/sweet potato hash. I felt like hell after. Later I bought an almond milk/banana/almond butter smoothie, and some 'bar' that didn't sound like it was too bad. I felt worse after. Belched the rest of the evening, and gastritis was in full swing again.

More proof to me that high fat fails for me. I *have* to eat less fat, and more starch otherwise it all goes to shit. Pun not intended
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Well, the gas is over and so is the diarrhea and I'm either completely out of intestinal content, or I'm back to being stopped up.

I think adding more carbs is my next experiment, much as I hate it. I just wish I knew why this SUDDENLY started back in August. If I don't take things, I don't poop for a week and it doesn't come out "normally". I do have gas sometimes, was just extra bad yesterday. It's not even something I've spoken to the doctor about.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Maybe you should research out every single supplement you're taking to see if any of it could be contributing to the constipation. Maybe you need to purge the lot of it and start over with just the Vit. C for a bit. I know you're taking other stuff for mood and such - but with all the trouble you're having it might be a good idea to just give your body a cleanse and then start adding things back one at a time and slowly. ?????
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

I've gone down to just taking 5-HTP and nothing changed. 5-HTP could not cause constipation. Also, if I don't take it, I'll get seriously depressed and I'd rather be seriously constipated!

Right now, I'm back to taking just Vitex, Zyrtec, Vitamin C, Iodine, Vitamin D, and 5-HTP. Vitex and Zyrtec are pills in the morning, 5-HTP is pills at night. C is a powder throughout the day in water. Iodine and D are liquid drops in water in the morning. It's really not that much and these were all started after the constipation. I had taken 5-HTP before, but had to resume taking it after the constipation started when my moods plummeted.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    well poo........... I thought it might be an option. I'm sure you've done tons of research on the topic. I wish there was something to help keep things moving for you. Have you tried a little CO before bed? Maybe Marks Turmeric Tea just before bed? Obviously use a de-caf tea.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

I cook with plenty of CO now (pretty much using it exclusively), that is not enough to keep things moving. I do want to get some turmeric and include that in my regular diet, but I doubt it's going to be a magic cure.

patski is offline Senior Member
    CO definitely doesn't get things moving for me. It can make me nauseated as all hell though!

Tasha, see if there's a MBSR course in your area (Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction). It literally changed my life. If you want, pm me and I'll tell ya more about it

Tasha...also...EAT STARCH! Fuck high fat. I'm sorry, but I did it out of sheer stubbornness for way too long because I really though high fat *was* the only way. That, and I feared starch because of candida, which I don't think I have anymore ANYWAY. Once I lowered my fat content, and ate way more starch, mentally I felt SO much better, and I could poop normally! YAY NORMAL POOPING!
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    Tasha, see if there's a MBSR course in your area (Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction). It literally changed my life. If you want, pm me and I'll tell ya more about it
    Doing a little Googling. Looks cool, but there's no way I could make that work in my schedule or on my budget (which is basically $0 extra).

Tasha...also...EAT STARCH! Fuck high fat. I'm sorry, but I did it out of sheer stubbornness for way too long because I really though high fat *was* the only way. That, and I feared starch because of candida, which I don't think I have anymore ANYWAY. Once I lowered my fat content, and ate way more starch, mentally I felt SO much better, and I could poop normally! YAY NORMAL POOPING!
    The candida stuff still flares up for me occasionally, but I need to try higher starch. Higher starch is not the same as higher sugar and THAT is where I end up having problems. So, how much starch are you eating? Right now, I have an apple, orange, and sweet potato (medium-ish) evreyday, which is probably not very much. I think I need starch at breakfast...and more overall. 3 eggs and 3 sausage links is not enough food for me in the AM, I am always hungry to have 3 meals a day (unless my gut is messing with me in the morning, then I wake up nauseated and my appetite doesn't kick in until after I'm at work).

Toes: Follow-up appointment tomorrow. I'm hoping they'll put me on an oral antibiotic AND a steroid cream or antibiotic cream because my foot soaks w/ epsom salt and tea tree oil/OTC anti-fungal cream application are not cutting it. OMG I just did some Google searches about skin infections (DON'T if you're squeamish, gross pictures) and I saw a picture of a Candidiasis infection on someone's finger. Looks a lot like my toes. Maybe I can get them to take a friggin' culture this time grumble grumble.

Supplements: Funny that Tomi brought up 5-HTP yesterday because as the night went on, I realized I hadn't taken my 5-HTP yet, and I was feeling better. I decided not to take any last night. I feel pretty okay today! Maybe I was taking too much, we'll see. If I feel like I need it, I'll only start back with 50 mg.

Story time because I don't feel like my usual whining. TW: sexual assault (kinda)

The summer between my junior and senior year in university, I lived in my apartment just a couple blocks from campus and worked full-time at the (tech) Help Desk as student tech supervisor. During that time, I became very good friends with the student consultant supervisor, I turned 21, and my relationship with my first long-term boyfriend had ended. We hung out with some other students who were living on/near campus and met up every Thursday to drink & play Rock Band or whatever. I think back on those times fondly, with a smile and a shake of my head.

The first time I threw up from drinking was a Thirsty Thursday in which we invited more people than usual. My anxiety went through the roof, even though I knew everyone crammed into that little bedroom, and I, without thinking, started to drink straight from the bottle of rum (my drink of choice at the time, aside from 40's, which are a cheap way to get drunk if you're me, and holy HELL my tolerance was higher back then). I maintained a pleasant level of drunkitude for a while, but as it always does, the worst part came later, even after I'd stopped drinking. At some point, I realized I needed to get to the bathroom, but couldn't get myself there. Everyone else wanted to go out for a walk, but they slowly dragged me down the corridor first. One person stayed behind to watch out for me and when I was done in the bathroom (she gave me some good advice about just rinsing out my mouth with water before I drank anything), we laid on the bed for a while and chatted (I mostly focused on keeping my eyes open, so the spinning of the room was more tolerable, she talked).

At some point, she headed out when I seemed like I was heading for sleep and had confirmed that someone would be returning to the apartment soon. One of my housemates came back first and tried to convince me to go back to our apartment with him (2 floors in an old house, 8 bedrooms), but I refused. He told me that my friend, the consultant supervisor, was macking on one of the other students in our group. I realized he was trying to make me jealous or something and I stayed where I was.

The thing about this housemate is that he's a complete creep. All of my friends (from school) are pretty sure that he's a sociopath. He was pretty charming and we all took to him well in our freshman year, but there were little things here and there that indicated to us that he was not the nicest guy. Conflicting stories from people he had dated and from himself. Some of them involved pretty disgusting behavior (like trying to feel up a girl, who rejected this, but then he wrote on his livejournal about a girl that he'd had a date with and that they did a lot more, in detail, and it was all consenual).

Thinking back on him trying to get me back to the apartment last night, I am horrified for a number of reasons. One is by how clueless and helpless I was. Had he been stronger, he could have easily carried me out of there (but carrying me a couple of blocks was probably not worth it). Had he wanted to, he could have raped me right then and there, screw moving me. He'd never stopped expressing interest in me, even when I was dating my ex, but he knew I was never going to go for him. I have no doubt in my mind that he did not have noble intentions in mind by trying to get me go to home with him that night.

Getting drunk with my friends indicates a high level of trust, both in myself and them. I trust myself not to be a jackass, to say anything I might regret. If there's something on my mind that I'm afraid might slip out, I need to make sure I'm at peace with it before I loosen my inhibitions. I have to trust my friends, that they'll take care of me if I go too far, even if they are drunk too. At the last party, when I got sick from alcohol for the third time ever, apparently it was not Hulky who brought me the puke bowl when I called out pitifully from the bedroom, but one of our friends. I still get scared when I get that drunk. I don't like being out of control of myself. I feel trapped in my head because I can't communicate what I'm thinking and there's a lot in there, but it never stops me from getting drunk anyway. I need to be a lot more conscious of the effects that alcohol could have on me. It's been several years since I've been that drunk and I'd forgotten what the descent feels like. I need to take it a lot slower and not forget that!
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 03-27-2013 at 07:20 AM.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Julia Ross, author of "The Mood Cure" and "The Diet Cure", has an interview up for the Healthy Life Summit today. There's also one about candida overgrowth. If the site is working later (the links in my email aren't loading the interviews right now & they had technical difficulties yesterday), I will listen to both!

I am very frustrated with money right now. I feel guilty and like a failure for not saving well and for over-spending so much over the last month. I'm glad I had this little bit of savings to fall back on, but I'm basically using up my tax refund. Hulky ended up having to use some of his too because of missing work due to illness and such. Plus we've been ordering/eating out so much more lately, partially to deal with my stress. I feel really inadequate as a functional human being.
    I'm listening to Julia Ross right now too!

I'm also frustrated and stressed by money. Brad and I have had to dig into the furlough fund a couple of times and that's frustrating to me b/c the money is needed later, not now. Luckily, by refinancing our house for a lower rate, we'll have a point where no payment is due, so we'll have that extra $1,200 to put into the savings account to cover what we shouldn't have spent. Something always seems to bail us out, but one of these days, there won't be a bailout and we'll be screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    If I don't take things, I don't poop for a week and it doesn't come out "normally".
    I keep seeing people talking about how they don't poop daily and how this is a bad thing. I can't help but think about the fact that we're eating so many good for us foods that don't contain a lot of fillers, hense, less waste. Maybe we're not supposed to poop daily. Maybe our SAD ways forced daily pooping on our lifes that was not necessary or even "normal" back in the ancestral days. Maybe what you're experiencing now, the not pooping daily thing, is normal. I don't poop daily. I don't force it either. It happens when it happens. Our society is so hung up on routine and "regularity", but maybe as a species we're not supposed to be that "regular". I mean, think about it, using scat is a method of tracking prey... so, maybe not pooping every day is a defense mechanism and our "regular" society is screwing with biology?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)