Page 369 of 797 FirstFirst ... 269319359367368369370371379419469 ... LastLast
Results 3,681 to 3,690 of 7966

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 369

tomi is online now Senior Member
    How sad for the family of your co-worker. What a tragedy!

It must be nice to have a $ amount in mind from your parents Its gives you a spring board to work from anyway. It is difficult planning a wedding and can be all consuming. Maybe schedule time on the weekends to just talk about wedding stuff?

Hope the AF goes a way soon!

As for the doc -- sometimes you have to be pushy to get things done. If your "period" doesn't stop in a couple of days or whatever is the norm for you - insist on getting that ultrasound. I hope you're taking iron during all this bleeding - you don't want to get anemic on top of everything else.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    I haven't been taking iron, but I should. I may be going to Whole Foods tonight so I'll look for something then. I'd rather get a name brand than something from CVS. I keep forgetting to take my multivitamin, which has iron in it. They aren't worried because I'm not dizzy. The fatigue I'm feeling could be from any number of things.

I get confused about iron vs ferritin though. My doc tested my ferritin levels ages ago (when we were looking into candida overgrowth in 2011-2012) and a few times since then. They stay pretty low. I don't know if iron has ever been tested.

I read something today that reminded me how bad alcohol is for my mood. I wonder if it's possible for me to have problems with liver function without anything showing up on a test. Makes me wonder if milk thistle would do anything for me. It's hard for me not to look for an "instant cure" for all this stuff.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    I'm an instant cure lover too!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I haven't been taking iron, but I should. I may be going to Whole Foods tonight so I'll look for something then. I'd rather get a name brand than something from CVS. I keep forgetting to take my multivitamin, which has iron in it. They aren't worried because I'm not dizzy. The fatigue I'm feeling could be from any number of things.

I get confused about iron vs ferritin though. My doc tested my ferritin levels ages ago (when we were looking into candida overgrowth in 2011-2012) and a few times since then. They stay pretty low. I don't know if iron has ever been tested.

I read something today that reminded me how bad alcohol is for my mood. I wonder if it's possible for me to have problems with liver function without anything showing up on a test. Makes me wonder if milk thistle would do anything for me. It's hard for me not to look for an "instant cure" for all this stuff.
    NW, ferritin is the the name of a protein where iron is stored. So when testing ferritin you are looking at the amount of stored iron.

Iron, generally refers to serum (blood) levels of iron. Ferritin, your iron stores, can be very low for a long time before anemia is seen with serum iron tests.

I have had very low ferritin levels but normal serum iron levels.
    Causes and Symptoms of Low Ferritin | *
    Symptoms of Low Ferritin | eHow.com

^So...I don't know. I guess the thing that confuses me is whichi s more important? When my ferritin was low, my hair was falling out too much. It's so short now, I'm not sure if I could tell, but I don't think it's falling out. I'm not feeling dizzy so the doctor doesn't think my iron is low, but nothing has been tested recently. I just wonder if I should supplement just in case, but I've read scary things about how supplementing iron when you don't need it can be bad.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    I would think that eating red meat more than half the week would be better than getting iron in tablet form.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    ^So...I don't know. I guess the thing that confuses me is whichi s more important? When my ferritin was low, my hair was falling out too much. It's so short now, I'm not sure if I could tell, but I don't think it's falling out. I'm not feeling dizzy so the doctor doesn't think my iron is low, but nothing has been tested recently. I just wonder if I should supplement just in case, but I've read scary things about how supplementing iron when you don't need it can be bad.
    How long ago was your ferritin tested? If it's been awhile you might want to have it retested. Testing hematocrit, hemoglobin and TIBC (total iron binding capacity) might be helpful.

I think it was tested last year in the summer or fall. I think hemoglobin has been tested since then, but I could be wrong. I'll call up ze doc soon and see what they have.

The Devil&#039;s Panties - 03/19/2013
    A current dilemma of mine. Things that should be cotton and don't seem to be anymore: socks and underwear.

Snow today. Looks very wet out there. It will probably be rain later, which means I'm "slushed" in today. I keep forgetting to press the button on my office phone that will forward calls to my cellphone. As an IT person, this is an unfortunate feature that I must use. It's important that I'm available! At least we have an IM program and remote support gets easier everyday.

I'm gonna go take my supplements. More chat later.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Heh. I like the comic. BTDT. I finally resorted to watching Vickie's and stocking up when they have a sale. It's more expensive, but they seem to make their underwear in a way I can actually wear it without a panty line, having it crawl up my ass, or leaving half my ass crack exposed. Hanes/ Fruit of the Loom/ all them all leave panty lines when you have enough ass to fill out more of the pants than that size was designed for. *wanders off ranting about how tiny women aren't all stick figures and teenyboppers and some of up have curves*
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've had some awesome cotton-like underwear from Hanes for years and they're wearing through. Very comfy boyshort style. No awkward seams. The lines do show under light fabrics, however. I haven't worried much about panty lines in the past, but maybe I should =P. Cthulhu forbid that anyone should know that I wear undergarments!

Working from home today. It's slushy out there and I don't want to risk it on the slick roads after last time. I should go out to clear the car off at some point though.

Gut (TMI): Senna worked much the same way this morning. Lots of discomfort before the BM. I don't need to take as much Vitamin C with the Senna. I found that out the rough way this morning ><. I don't know what I'm going to do if I finish my 1-2 weeks with the Senna tea and things go back to constipated. I guess I could try colostrum again/for a longer amount of time, and a new probiotic.

Uterus (TMI): Flow is continuing to lighten up, so I am remaining helpful that this week will be the end of it. I am tired of following up with doctors.

I just remembered that I have a gluten-free pancake mix...but I don't have any milk. Phooey. I might make some more gluten-free cookies today. I made a cookie recipe two nights ago with some almond flour I had kicking around. It makes a smaller batch than the mixed flour I have and hurts my stomach. I didn't cook them completely so they weren't that great. I like the consistency however, and they have an interesting flavor. Much less scone-like.

I ate some regular wheat cookies last night. My appetite is a little screwy so far this week, probably from the weekend's debauchery and such.

Time for some eggs!