Page 365 of 783 FirstFirst ... 265315355363364365366367375415465 ... LastLast
Results 3,641 to 3,650 of 7829

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 365

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I don't entirely remember what I did last night. I was not very tired, which is surprising given the lack of quality sleep I got the night before. I had a sweet potato, made sausages, ate all 4 of my Lara Bars. I was hungry! My breakfast had only been two eggs and lunch was not filing enough, so I'm not surprised that I was hungry, but it was inconvenient to eat my snacks! I also had two small slices of my chocolate cake and got a headache. The whipped coconut cream frosting was good (though was bordering on extreme dislike because I don't like coconut THAT much), but I think I have to part ways with canned coconut milk altogether. It always gives me horrific gas and makes me bloated. I think cow's milk gives me less awful side effects! Definitely time to get some un-homogenized, whole, grass-fed milk and try it with the Lactaid
    If you can get raw, it would be even better for you and would require no lactaid as the lactase enzyme is still present in raw milk.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I use DIY laundry detergent. Works great(especially since I was a mechanics clothes) and the smell is nice. I make it once a month and that's it. I also make my own fabric softener as well.
    Georgette

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Geo, what kind of recipe do you use for your DIY detergent? If I just pick up a bucket and save some containers from my parents' house (empty detergent bottles), I could do this. I'm just so lazy .

Jenn, I can get raw milk in my area, but I don't really have time to do so. I don't use milk products enough for me to feel like it's worth the hassle. Maybe I will try it eventually, for special occasions. My issue may be more with casein than lactose, however. I want to test with some good quality pasteurized milk at Whole Foods first.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Beware of the inconsistant quality of Lactaid. I have used it for over 30 years due to EXTREME lactose in tolerance. I'd guess 10% of the time it doesn't work and I get the nasty gastric storms caused by ingesting milk. About 6 months ago I completely gave it up. I did have ice cream over our vacation in early Feb. but double dosed on the lactaid to make sure I didn't get sick. When I say gastric storm I mean STORM!!! starts with a deep burning, cramping, then pain starts that equals any labor pains! I had better be very near a bathroom or I'm in serious trouble!!! By the time its all over my intestines are clean from top to bottom! thats a good reason not to have milk. Its weird cuz butter or cheese doesn't bother me - only milk or cream.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Dairy doesn't clean me out, I just get really painful (and awful smelling) gas and bloat. I don't know if my body would respond differently if my gut was healthier, though.

Turns out Hulky has another cold. He refused my offer to make him a science experiment by taking colostrum. He said he had to bring his belt in a notch. I had him take his waist measurement and will have him do it every morning for the rest of the week. We are both worked that he is losing more weight since the food poisoning a couple off weeks ago.

Has he got his appetite back yet? Is seems like a long time for the effects of a food poisoning to still be lingering.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Has he got his appetite back yet? Is seems like a long time for the effects of a food poisoning to still be lingering.
    Not really. He has always had an easy time of skipping meals so I don't think he really registers hunger. He's been trying to remember to eat at least twice a day since the food poisoning, but I don't think he's really succeeded yet.

must not be if he's losing weight............. can he figure out he's does that not registering hunger thing and share it with the rest of the world?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

A lifetime of appetite suppression. He's been practicing this his whole life. Part of it stems from not always having enough food as a kid. His parents would always make sure they had food, but sometimes he didn't eat so his mom could, I think. He got used to being really active and not needing much fuel. His body is very efficient, I guess!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Wedding stuff: My mom did some leg work for us, which is great, but the Maritime Museum in town is probably going to be pretty pricey. We'd get the space, tables, chairs, a dance floor, but we have to do all the clean-up, can only use vendors from their list, and have to get some kind of certificate of event insurance. It sounds like it would come to well over $2k just for the space (based on the very loose prices listed in the brochure), which would ultimately probably eat up our whole budget with no room for the fun things like clothes! We'd also have to clean everything up within our rental time frame. I don't know how we can do this cheaply. We need to talk about how far we'll willing to go to have a big event on the cheap.

I think Hulky is more frustrated than I am because he said he's about ready to just save up and elope somewhere warm. I would love that, but I also really want a party!