Page 365 of 894 FirstFirst ... 265315355363364365366367375415465865 ... LastLast
Results 3,641 to 3,650 of 8937

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 365

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Wedding stuff: My mom did some leg work for us, which is great, but the Maritime Museum in town is probably going to be pretty pricey. We'd get the space, tables, chairs, a dance floor, but we have to do all the clean-up, can only use vendors from their list, and have to get some kind of certificate of event insurance. It sounds like it would come to well over $2k just for the space (based on the very loose prices listed in the brochure), which would ultimately probably eat up our whole budget with no room for the fun things like clothes! We'd also have to clean everything up within our rental time frame. I don't know how we can do this cheaply. We need to talk about how far we'll willing to go to have a big event on the cheap.

I think Hulky is more frustrated than I am because he said he's about ready to just save up and elope somewhere warm. I would love that, but I also really want a party!
    Journal
    Current interests - Starting Strength (reading it very slowly)

Depression Lies

tomi is offline Senior Member
    You can always do the elope someplace warm thing ---- and then have a very informal (even potluck style) gathering once you get back from the honeymoon.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    You can always do the elope someplace warm thing ---- and then have a very informal (even potluck style) gathering once you get back from the honeymoon.
    ^This.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Man, I am grouchy today.

I made chicken soup last night. I could not restrain myself from eating two more slices of the gluten-free cake. The whipped coconut cream frosting was so much tastier after hardening in the refrigerator! I did not get a headache this time. I wonder if it was from the extra frosting I ate when I made it? That also would've explained the gas. I did get a bit bloated last night though. My gut felt really uncomfortable last, but it just felt like I was full of poop, not gas. Icky feeling, especially when it's probably not accurate.

I took 3mg of Melatonin last night and it knocked me out the way that 5-HTP used to. My legs went tingly and a little numb within 20 min of taking it, then I felt like I was about to fall asleep on my feet. Only, I didn't go to sleep right away. Hulky was feeling snuggly . I think I was asleep before 11, at least, but my alarm went off at 6 (needed extra time before driving Hulky to work). I took some sausages out of the casings this morning, fried them up in sausage grease from two nights ago, and had half with 2 eggs (over easy), saved the rest for lunch tomorrow. Lunch today will be chicken soup, apple with almond butter, and 1/2 an orange. I think I'm going to fry some sweet potato discs up in the rest of the sausage grease tonight. I forgot to defrost meat for dinner, didn't I? Damn. So close to have it all together! Oh wait, there's meat in the fridge that I haven't frozen yet. Score!

I'm pleasantly surprised to find that my teeth are no longer sensitive to citrus, but still VERY sensitive to cold (refrigerated orange slices = brrrrr). My commute is the perfect length to try oil pulling in the morning. I could keep a jar in the cup holder in case I need to spit the oil out earlier. I have a sensitive gag reflex =\ *cue jokes*. I'm about 4 months overdue for my bi-annual teeth cleaning. Might as well wait for the yearly appointment .

I skipped push-ups last night because I did laundry and my elbow was hurting really badly. I don't remember if I wrote about it here, but sometime last month, I smacked one of my elbows really hard off a door frame. Note to self: do not dress & walk at the same time. I don't remember which elbow anymore, but at some point after that, my right elbow started to hurt periodically. Sometimes I lean on it, and it hurts. Sometimes it hurts randomly. Yesterday afternoon, it hurt a lot. The pain started radiating up and down my arm. My right hand started feeling tingly. I even tried to drive home one-handed, which basically meant keeping my right arm low, on the shifter, and the left doing all the steering. I made an appointment for 11AM today with my primary doc. I also have a follow-up Thursday night with my gyn for the perpetual bleeding. Yes, that's still going on, albeit very lightly for the past two weeks.

And my toes are swollen/itchy again. Going to try to remember to bring that up at my appointment today.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 03-13-2013 at 06:36 AM.
    Journal

Depression Lies

Does anyone else think Mark Sisson looks absolutely adorable in the new photo at the top of the site? Such a cozy scene. I want to share hot beverages with him and chat about raw milk.
    Journal

Depression Lies

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Yes, <3 it.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I thought it looked odd to see him fully clothed. lol
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I thought it looked odd to see him fully clothed. lol
    I didn't realize that's EXACTLY what made the picture a little odd to me!
    Journal

Depression Lies

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Hope you get some answers at the doc. Make lists so you don't forget to ask things.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Learn More
    Why is my body INFLAMED? I need to stop eating that cake.

The doctor said my elbow problem is tendonitis. She offered to set me up with a physical therapist and I said I'd talk to my chiropractor (who has a background in sports medicine & PT). I mentioned the other stuff I'm dealing with (endless bleeding, constipation) and she said the doc I see tomorrow will probably give me some kind of pill to stop the bleeding. That will be a relief!

For my toes, she said it's athlete's foot. She told me to get shoes with a large toe box (Merrells?!), use foot powder in my shoes, wear sandals as soon as the weather allows (make huaraches?), and use athlete's foot cream. Sigh. We have some leftover from when Hulky had athlete's foot, so I guess I will start using that twice a day. I can't believe the tea tree oil hasn't fixed this yet! I think I was not using it consistently and stopped when my toes peeled because I thought that was bad, when that's just part of the healing process. I probably reinfected myself from my shoes. I will take a break from my moccasins for a bit, but they are my most minimalist shoes. The Old Navy sneakers I own are way too cushy, but the toes are well ventilated, at least.

Wedding stuff: the people that manage the manor (b&b) that was our #1 choice got back to me. They were out of the country and are having web issues, so they want me to call to discuss stuff. Ah! Nervous! I don't know what to say! I need to put together a list so I can just go through it systematically while I'm on the phone with them. I hope they aren't totally out of our imagined price range. I really need my parents to give me an idea of how much they can contribute.
    Journal

Depression Lies