Page 363 of 751 FirstFirst ... 263313353361362363364365373413463 ... LastLast
Results 3,621 to 3,630 of 7501

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 363

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Shop Now
    Nameless Wonders: A trip through the neighborhood–in snow
    Blorg updated. Couldn't do the bloodwork. Doc didn't put it in the system. Going to call back in a bit to make sure someone else put it in, so I can go again tomorrow!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Wow, those cookies look awesome.

We are off from school today and we are much further inland than you guys. I can't even imagine the mess by you.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post

Mah gluten-free cookies, made with Pamela's Products Baking Mix, and Spectrum All Vegetable Shortening (palm oil). This batch was a little dry. I might make gluten-free chocolate cake today. Not sure if replacing the lemon juice (1 tbsp) in the recipe with ACV will work, but hoping so!
    MIL makes her gluten free cookies with the same flour mix. I love them! So delish! Now I must leave your journal before I start craving their soft yet crunchy texture.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I put two raw chicken thigh bones on a plate for Fae to nom on while her breakfast defrosts. I left her to crunch and munch, now there's the cartilage of one thigh bone, and one full thigh bone left on the plate. I see no signs of the other bone. I can't imagine she swallowed it whole, and it seems like it would be too tough for her to break up. I haven't been feeding her large raw bones, usually she just gets the small pieces in the neck/back mix from WF. Kind of scared that my cat is about to die or need major surgery. She seems okay now, but what will happen to a bone in her stomach?

I did some shovelling yesterday and my whole body was really tired from it, but not sore. I ended up taking a 90 minute nap in the evening. I felt like I did a lot of eating yesterday. I was still hungry at bedtime, but I don't think it was "real". I think I actually just ate ENOUGH and now that I'm recovering from the emotionally taxing jury duty, my body is like "Hey, remember that food that you need to feel good? YOU NEED TO EAT IT." I have a hard time adjusting to appetite fluctuations like this.

Since I started the Threelac/probiotic regimen, I've felt that my moods are overall more level and positive. I recall having a similar feeling when I used to take the Therbiotic Complete probiotic twice a day last year, or whenever it was that I thought I was dealing with candida overgrowth. I wonder if the probiotic is helping free up anything that might have been inhibited, to increase serotonin production. I don't think I want to adjust my 5-HTP dose for another month, unless something makes it seem very obvious that I should (inexplicably over-emotional, which might indicate too much serotonin).

The colostrum capsules arrived yesterday. I'm taking 4 in the morning and 4 in the evening. The dose recommended for "times of stress" (aka. illness) is 3x what's on the bottle, which is 2 capsules, twice daily. 12 capsules a day would only last me about 5 days! I will make sure this at least lasts me till next Friday.

Only a couple of Threelac packets left. I hope that the Therbiotic and colostrum will be enough to continue having reasonable GI function without lots of Vitamin C. I'm still taking 1 tsp (2g) in the morning. If the colostrum seems very helpful, I will get it in powdered form (better price per serving) and possibly try goat colostrum, as that is supposedly more bioavailable than bovine.

Yesterday was my rest day from push-ups and today I started at 10 for the first set, instead of 8. I've been updating on Fitocracy. I don't know where I'm going with starting at 10 reps, but I bet I'll be able to increase that within a few days. Newbie gains rock . I'm tossing in some goblet squats here and there too, they feel good on my pelvis afterwards. I'll add some swings in eventually.

Hulky and I are having a really sleepy day. It's been nice, except for the major headache. It appeared shortly after I started eating the gluten-free chocolate cake (made from Bob's Red Mill mix). The cake initially has an odd flavor to it, might be from the ACV (instead of lemon juice), but you don't notice it after the first piece. I'm saving the 2nd half to try frosting with coconut cream whipped with maple syrup tomorrow. I used Spectrum's palm shortening and coconut milk to make the cake dairy-free. The batter was kind of thick and hard to pour/spread from the thickness of the coconut milk, but the texture, baked, is fine.

I found a trick to making coconut milk consistently thick. I shook the can, refrigerated it for several days, took it out, shook it some more, and then shook it some more after it had come to room temperature. When I opened the can, there were some lumps, but the water was not separated and it was thicker than it would have been had I just shaken it before refrigerating. I used Whole Food's 365 brand.

My gut is responding to the cake as though I had eaten dairy. Definitely won't eat so much of it like this again. Hulky ate 1/2 of the 1/2 too, so I didn't have THAT much, but it was still a lot .

So far, I don't think the colostrum is having any noticeable affect on my digestion.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Enlighten me on colostrum. The only colostrum I am familiar with is what foals, puppies, etc drink before the first true milk comes in. What are you having?
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    And human babies - the first 3 days is usually straight colostrum. What is supposed to do for you?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

I am taking it in a powdered form, in capsules. It's supposed to help with all kinds of things, but I've read quite a bit about it being beneficial for gut health, especially bacterial issues (systemic infections & even gut flora). It's not clear to me why it helps, but there are lots of positive reviews out there. I think the main thing is that it helps with immune function, so it's excellent for auto immune disorders.

Can Dairy Colostrum Benefit Gut Health? |*Smart Publications
    Colostrum for intestinal permeability leaky gut syndrome

I am hoping that using it with probiotic therapy (supplementing a good amount of probiotics several times a day) will help with my gut issues. It's just another thing to try. I've read from some people, here on MDA I think, that it can also help with allergy symptoms, so I'm curious to see if it will help with my pollen allergies, though I'm doubtful.