Page 362 of 779 FirstFirst ... 262312352360361362363364372412462 ... LastLast
Results 3,611 to 3,620 of 7782

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 362

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    Dinner last night was basically gluten-free cookies. I had gut pain around bedtime. Hulky was sympathetic as I told him some of the details of the case. He said he could not have sat through that trial with what that man (allegedly, at the time) did without jumping out of the juror's box. It makes me feel even more proud that we all kept our composure in the face of this criminal and horrifying evidence and photographs.

I saw my sister last night when I dropped off some laundry at my parents' house (cockballs, i did not think that through, I have to go pick it up tonight in this awful weather). She isn't doing well. I lent a supportive, but quiet ear. She let me know later that was able to get a day off work to rest (she's pretty sick right now) and thanked me for listening. I suppose that's all I can do.

I don't remember if I mentioned, but my lunches when they ordered in for us at the courthouse (on deliberating days) were wraps and sandwiches. I couldn't tell if the salads would have meat and didn't think that would be filling enough if they didn't. I had some great snacks. It was usually a banana, an apple, almond butter, and either gluten-free cookies (2-3, depending on size) or a Larabar. On the last couple of days, I had 1/2 an orange instead of an apple. I felt really good having that much fruit in my daily diet.

My digestion has been pretty good with the combination of Threelac and the Therbiotic complete probiotic powder. It could also be from the fiber in the fruit, I suppose, or just the higher carb count.

Morning supplement regimen
    -1 Zyrtec
    -Full neti pot through each side of nasal cavity (nostril)
    -1 packet of Threelac in water
    -1/4 tsp of Therbiotic complete powder in water
    -1 tsp of Vitamin C and 1 tsp of L-Glutamine in water (about 2g and 4g each)

During the day, I have another packet of Threelac in water. In the evening, I have another 1/4 tsp of the Therbiotic complete powder in water. I've only been doing this for about two days, but my GI issues seem a lot better with this routine than they have for a while. I think it's too expensive to do this combination of Therbiotic and Threelac, but at least I know it's helpful. It's nice not having to take as much Vitamin C, but I have more coming from a Vitacost order in case I need it while I try out different "treatment" methods.

My vitamin C and colostrum order is just a couple towns away, but isn't slated for delivery until tomorrow. I hate when they do that!

Doctor's appointment tonight to talk about my stupid uterus.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    It hasn't stopped bleeding yet?? Odd. Hope you find answers. Yours won't stop and mine won't start... what's the deal?? (I had some teeny tiny spotting for like 2 days - nothing compared to the blood bath it was the month before). Our bodies are just straight up weird...

In the meantime, I'm glad the other side is working more properly.

You're a stronger person than I for skipping the meals they provided. Normally I bring my lunch to work and would have for jury duty as well, but not having a microwave would make it tough. I think you did very well given the conditions.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Oh no, I still chose & ate those sandwiches! I just made sure to pick things with lots of protein. I had some bloating from the bread & sauces, but I figured that was pretty minimal damage. I had a little soda and a few pieces of candy each day. Mostly, it was boredom because my snacks with the sandwiches kept me full. It was helpful that there weren't any other food options around, no chips or anything, so I didn't really have the option to eat anymore.

Protein is more important to me than avoiding bread, if I have no other options, I think, despite inflammation.

I really don't do well with bread so I would probably have picked the bread off. Whenever I eat bread, I bloat up and feel about 8 months pregnant. It's not a comforting feeling to be 8 months pregnant, and it's even worse when it gets to that point in as short as 45 minutes. It's like going from not pregnant to 8 months pregnant in 45 minutes, and it hurts. Luckily, the GI issues are minimal. If I were to make a choice between sandwich and wrap, I'd probably choose wrap. They always seem to have the most fillings.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    My dog is a binge/purger. He'll drink so much water so quickly that he pukes a bit up. Does the same with food on occasion. Irritates the hell out of me!
    Zeus does that too. But being a Bassett Hound....... his stomack and his head are basically on the level - so it doesn't take much and up it comes. Usually a burp results in run for the paper towels!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    I'd be the weirdo picking apart the sandwich or wrap and eating the insides. Bread starts a fibro flare for me and I'm trying to avoid those at all costs!

I'm glad you can look at the trial experience in such a positive light. Good for you!

As for kitty - I'd say hair is definitely an issue. I've heard a little castor oil will help it pass through - or ease the passage on the upchuck.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

My gyn called for my appointment tonight to make sure I'm not bleeding profusely or anything. It's funny because it doesn't seem to matter how many people at that office I tell, they will still call to make sure I'm not anemic. They don't seem to write down those details, even though they ask, but I don't mind. Makes me feel like they care. I like this doc, she's super nice.

Silver lining to all this is that my libido is generally improved, though not entirely where I'd like it to be, and I am not taking the Vitex anymore.

So, you're bleeding, but practicing your libido?? TMI TMI TMI lmao Totally kidding... nothing wrong with it in a monogamous "MATURE" relationship.

Hahah I didn't even think of that being weird to anyone else, it's just not an issue for us . Doc said it was probably the emergency contraception & Vitex together, but hormonal things are really one of those "you may never know" things.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The snow is outrageous today. It's a different kind than what we had with Nemo last month. Yesterday was pretty slushy and not a lot of accumulation. Add on some dense snow and you have INCREDIBLY slick roads. I tried to go to work.

Cross-posted from Facebook:
    "Intrepid Civic and I went off in the excellent-tread-for-3-yrs-old all-season tires. A small hill resulted in me turning around, mostly because that is the only direction the car would slide, and this was after getting stuck in the middle of an intersection for 5 light cycles because the car would not move. On the way home, I stalled out for the last time (being light with the gas to avoid tree/car collisions = frequent stalling, I guess) and the car would not start. Mid freak-out, a nice man in a JN Philips Auoto Glass van approached and jump-started the car. We will be replacing the battery this weekend and I am now safe at home."

We knew the battery needed replacing because the dealership told us the last couple times we were in for service. I guess stalling out a bunch of times really showed its age. Hulky has enough moolah to get a new one this weekend, so that is relieving. I'm working from home today, but will probably bundle up and walk to the doctor's office (less than a mile, I'm pretty sure) to do some blood work in a couple of hours. Doc just wants to make sure there's nothing weird in hormone land.

I'll see if I can get a good photo of the mess out there for sharing What I did not include in my post is that I was very scared and started crying when the car wouldn't start when I was a few blocks from home. I (emotionally) broke down when the guy came over to my car to help with a jump start and he was so calm and nice. I apologized a lot, felt so embarrassed. I got a hold of Hulky right as the guy was coming over, so Hulky met me on a side street close to the apartment and got the car into the driveway.

Mah gluten-free cookies, made with Pamela's Products Baking Mix, and Spectrum All Vegetable Shortening (palm oil). This batch was a little dry. I might make gluten-free chocolate cake today. Not sure if replacing the lemon juice (1 tbsp) in the recipe with ACV will work, but hoping so!

I am resuming therapy in a week after more than a month without an appointment! I'm looking forward to it, and might talk about moving the appointments to 3 weeks apart.

Anything else worth noting? Nah. Hulky has to go off to work in a bit, poor guy. I hope they get there and back safely. Snow is expected to continue at this rate until at least 8PM tonight.