Page 358 of 677 FirstFirst ... 258308348356357358359360368408458 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,580 of 6763

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 358

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    I'm going to try coconut oil once a day, after I get home from work. I'll work on lowering the shower temperature too. I don't know why I wouldn't get it on the rest of my scalp though!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

tomi is online now Senior Member
    I'd try Tea Tree Oil - I think it has more healing effects than the coconut oil. What ever happened with your tooties? did you get them all healed up and stuff?

That dress does look amazing on you! Fiance' is bonkers for not loving it. If you love it and it feels sexy and wonderful - I'd say keep it on your list of future purchases. That style was perfect for your body.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

Hulky said he liked it, but not as much as other dressy things I've worn. I really want to check out more structured dresses with peplum (that little skirt bit at the waist) as I think it's incredibly flattering on me. The shoulder shape helped make them less angular, the skirt helped soften the hips while amplifying the waist-hip ratio. All in all, sex bomb.

Well, that's how I felt about it anyway. I like to look good to Hulky, but finding things that make ME feel amazing? So much more important.

Today was a shorter day at court. Monday is a full day. Things are wrapping up. I felt fairly chatty today and had a nice time talking with the other jurors when we were hanging out.

I'm at work now and will be until 5:30PM. Then I run home, grabbing cash on the way, pack up some bags (for both of us), and re-visit my energy levels. When I'm up for it, I will head out to get Hulky from work and he will drive us up to Maine. It'll be a surprise because I forgot to call Baba and let her know! My aunt knows and I don't think she's mentioned it. She will also be up there this weekend. I'm hoping she'll give up the full-sized bed for us because the two twins in the other room are soooo uncomfortable and I am already desperately in need of an adjustment. The floor is rather cushy with the pad under the carpet, so maybe I'll just sleep there!

I just made us an appointment for the chiropractor, but he's not available on weekends until the 23rd, boo. Will just have to keep up my stretching and do some planks and such. I'm hoping I can improve the sciatic pain in my right leg that I've been experiencing for the past few days before I see him!

I have to remember to bring my camera (and boots) so I can take some pictures of the property (though with the snow, we won't be able to look at the terrain all that well) while we're up there this weekend. We're meeting someone to see the potential venue in town on Sunday. Nervous/excited!

Other things of interest:

-I've had a small amount (2-3 tbsp) of almond butter for the past few days, with fruit. My right knee is hurting again. Since I have not otherwise been eating unusually, I think I can attribute the pain to the PUFA content. I won't be eating any this weekend while in Maine and I will take a couple days off next week while in the court house too, to see if it improves.
    -Almond butter also seems to give me digestive distress. I suspected this before. TMI: I think this is the only reason why I have had a BM every day for the past few days.
    -I'm up to 5 packs of Threelac per day. I think I have enough left for 3-4 days. Because of the almond butter, I'm not sure it's actually helping enough to be worth the cost right now. I am still hoping to see a difference, but feeling doubtful. I can't afford more at this point in the month anyway, so I guess I will go ahead with another order of Vitamin C on Vitacost. I'm also going to get a Probiotics & Colostrum blend, as that was next on my "try it and see" list.
    -My allergy symptoms improved a little over the week as I continued to use the neti pot consistently, but I'm still a bit congested. I think I will pick up some Zyrtec and try that in conjunction with the neti pot use.

Oh I forgot to update on my toes. They still have a purple hue in the areas that were itchy/swollen/infected. I am still keeping up with the silver ointment and occasionally using tea tree oil (not too often because they get really dried out). They aren't feeling itchy, at least. I noticed the most improvement after I started the Threelac. Improving overall immunity with probiotics is good for getting rid of specific infections, I guess?

I've been struggling with acne a little bit this week and I think that was a result of transitioning to the Threelac. This morning was a marked improvement.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Improvements are always the goal. Have a fun weekend!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

Who is this guy? What a nice and simple break-down.
    20 Ways to Get Sugar Out of Your Life

Except for the Detox one. I looked at the recommended products. They're basically multi-vitamins with some diuretic herbal supplements (dandelion root, for example), fiber (to push everything out of your intestines, possibly painfully), probiotics (a tiny amount), digestive enzymes (the one thing in this blend I think is pretty awesome that they incorporated), and some natural anti-microbial (black walnut & caprylic acid).

I'm a nerd. I love being able to break down a supplement like this. Reading the label of any "cleanse" product and being able to explain why it will/won't work makes me happy. I guess that also makes me a jerk to some people .

We're back! Good trip. I'll update the blog with some photos and such later (and provide a link).

We had Burger King on the way to Maine Friday night, made it there in about 3 hrs, even with slick roads (thus reduced speed) and a stop for food. Saturday, I nibbled on some fruit and stuff at Baba's. We got lunch at a local restaurant (steak tips, asparagus, mashed potatoes). Dinner was roasted potatoes and some other roasted veg, broc, and baked fish. This morning, I heated up two circles of Canadian bacon, and had two eggs over easy, and a banana. We stopped for lunch in town on our way out at a BBQ place. Really good. Small chicken quarter, a sausage, collard greens, and mashed sweet potatoes that were definitely canned yams.

I just had dates (a lot of sugar, yikes) and might cut up an orange.

Oh yeah, and shark month is still happening. It keeps coming back to, "Oh wait, maybe it's over... no it's still going...but wait..." I can't see the doctor until jury duty is over anyway.

It's done. I deleted my Yahoo! group, Teens With Self-Injury. I feel a mixture of relief, sadness, and fear.

We were supposed to have dinner with one of Hulky's co-workers and her bf tonight, but she bailed for some reason. I am stretching the budget to allow for sushi, as I'm not ready to go back to "real life" after such a great weekend .

Nameless Wonders: A breathe of Maine air
    A link to more photos inside.