Page 355 of 749 FirstFirst ... 255305345353354355356357365405455 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,550 of 7486

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 355

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I found out that the state will pay me $50/day after the 3rd day of jury duty. It has to get submitted to Payroll at work, I guess, so they subtract that from my regular earnings. Boo . Anyway, not sure how that is going to work because I won't get paid by the state until probably Friday and that is also payday.
    Most organizations will pay you for your regular duty hours, and then require you to write them a check to pay back the jury duty payments. The government has published jury duty rates. They pay us as if we came to work, but when we get our checks from the state, we have to write a personal check to the Department of Defence Finance and Accounting Service for the amount we made for doing our jury duty. Another "private" company I worked for did it the same way. That might be how your company does it too.

I hope you're feeling better soon. I'm really interested in hearing about the trial and the jury duty. I've never done it and don't stand much of a chance at ever getting picked, so it'll be interesting to see how it goes. Can you tell us what the case is? Murder, rape, etc, so we can google it and see what the papers are saying? I'm a fan of anything judicial and love to read about it, watch shows on it, etc. TrueTV is one of my favorite channels.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I don't want to pay my company. I know that it all ends up the same, but the idea of writing them a check makes me mad!

The company handbook says I will have to "sign my check over" to them to be submitted to Accounting.

I'll send a link to a news article when it's all over (and I'm allowed to look up that kind of stuff), but I don't want to risk exposing myself to any media or compromising the case by giving any identifying information about it now.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

That means you'll sign the back with "pay to the order of XYZ company" then sign your name.

Reminders to myself
    -Upon getting home: check mail, feed cat, get laundry started at Hulky's parents' house.
    -Go to Whole Foods/Trader Joe's for some nice indulgent snacky foods and possible lunch combos, as well as pet food
    -Pop into TJ Maxx to cruise through dress aisles & look for minimalist shoes in my size
    -Make dinner (probably before shopping)
    -Remember to take L-Glutamine (read about it in a few places again recently, think I'll have 1 tsp/4300mg per day to see if it helps my gut noticeably)
    -Make gluten-free cookies (if I have the energy)

Budget is on track this month, surprisingly. Didn't expect to have as much left over as I do after some indulgent spending & extra doctor's expenses. Not having therapy helped a bit. Maybe Hulky covered more than I thought? I'll need that money for gas before the end of the week.

My sister went off all her meds and is not currently seeing a doctor or a therapist. I don't feel like I can offer her any support right now. I asked her some questions (over FB chat) and tried to sound supportive, but I don't know if it accomplished anything. She wants to go back to using weed to handle her depression/anxiety. I immediately thought of 5-HTP and mentioned The Mood Cure, I doubt she'll check it out.

Weed is a depressant by chemical structure... why would she think this would help her depression? Anxiety I can see it calming - temporarily... but depression? No bueno...

I think it's the relaxation factor. She is probably a lot like me in that it the anxiety is the key part of the mood disorder. I treat the anxiety and the depression is easier to handle alone. So maybe it is more accurate for me to say that 5-HTP reduces incidences of acute anxiety, rather than reduces episodes of depression.

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Marijuana is great for depression, it makes everything more fun. It can really amplify the anxiety.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kymma View Post
    Marijuana is great for depression, it makes everything more fun. It can really amplify the anxiety.
    I was actually told recently that for depressed people, it can actually be energizing. Possibly by side-tracking all the negative thoughts? Dunno.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Rainy today. Visibility was awful. Hate driving through spray!

I got a small hot chocolate and chocolate glazed donut this morning. I wasn't hungry at home. I think it was from not quite enough sleep. I developed a migraine shortly before going to bed and had to sleep separately from Hulky to adjust the darkness to my needs. I had had two squares of 90% dark chocolate last night and another square right before bed. I think that degree, so to speak, of chocolate doesn't sit well with me. I've noticed this before but I don't think I ever got a headache so bad as to call it a migraine.

The donut was a stupid choice. It was totally delicious but the only reason I got it is because I got nervous about only getting one small thing on my card. These days, it's not a big deal to charge such a small purchase! Oh, anxiety, you make no sense.

Details on the lunch I put together later.

Quote Originally Posted by Kymma View Post
    It can get you out of a drug charge though... I dated a guy who got busted with his stash. He went to the doctor, got put on prozac and his charge was reduced to a fine. He was a stand-up guy... lol

Btw, I don't think he was depressed... I think he was just looking to get out of trouble as this was his 2nd or 3rd offense and he was looking at some jail time.

I have found recently that sugar gives me a headache. In my non-primal foray the last week, I had a pretty consistent headache that started almost immediately after consuming large quantities of sugar. But I wouldn't expect 90% chocolate to have that much sugar in it...