Page 354 of 679 FirstFirst ... 254304344352353354355356364404454 ... LastLast
Results 3,531 to 3,540 of 6783

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 354

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Sammich on "fat bread." Lettuce wrap sammich. Roll ups. Salad. (Most things that need to stay cool but not frozen should be fine without a lunchbox in the winter.)
    One of my go-to's recently has been the "box o' food." Meat cut to chewable size, veggie chunks, fruit chunks, and nut bits, all tossed into the same tupperware with a fork.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Erm, well, the back room we are stuck in is very warm (instant sweat when I enter the room with a scarf on), so "cool" isn't possible without a freezer pack. If I leave the building for lunch, I have to stay out for the entire hour, which means eating in the car. Today, it was upwards of 40F and the car was really warm when I went out to scope out lunch. Not sure if the trunk would be cooler. I think I'm going to be stuck with non-refrigeratables or buying a stupid freezer pack & lunch bag. I hate wasting money.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    If you dish up sliced meat, freeze it the night before. By lunch, it should just be cold.

Also, are you on or off dairy? Cheese travels and won't spoil in that time. Boiled eggs.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

I feel that I should warn anyone reading my brief posts for the next week or so. My brain is dead. Jury duty is exhausting. Add half days of work to that and I am barely functional. Part of my brain is impressed that I'm getting by as well as I am, but I don't have the energy to think about it.

I am probably going to be exceptionally whiny, stubborn, and seemingly stupid for the next week or so. I hope this weekend's trip up to Maine goes okay.

I think I'm going to make more cookies tonight. They were a nice treat to have after lunch today and it was really nice not being hungry in the least for the afternoon portion of the trial.

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    If you dish up sliced meat, freeze it the night before. By lunch, it should just be cold.

Also, are you on or off dairy? Cheese travels and won't spoil in that time. Boiled eggs.
    Off, kind of lazily. Been having a little ice cream here and there, butter here and there, but that's it. Not sure how I feel about cheese at the moment. Portioned out, it's probably fine, but otherwise, I tend to eat the whole block in one sitting.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Off, kind of lazily. Been having a little ice cream here and there, butter here and there, but that's it. Not sure how I feel about cheese at the moment. Portioned out, it's probably fine, but otherwise, I tend to eat the whole block in one sitting.
    Something I don't know anything about >.>

You could probably freeze meat and cheese roll-ups, which would portion it out and keep it cold.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Hmm... I have enjoyed a meat & cheese roll-up in my time.

I am currently eating Haageni-Dazs Dark Chocolate ice cream. It is SERIOUSLY delicious. 5 ingredients.

I am also currently not hungry, just feeling incredibly blank. I started eating because I was bored and tired, I think. I have to cook up some meat for both of us tonight, so he can have dinner, and we can both have lunches tomorrow. I'd leave him to fend for himself, but he is working a 12 hr day today, and has class in the AM, so won't have time to cook. I hate our schedules so much right now.

Oh right, I started posting this because I was trying to say that I can't really think about food. I don't want to eat a real meal tonight. Even the amazing sweet potato with butter that I ate with some chicken last night is not appetizing to me.

Good morning. Feeling better today. Allergies are on the offense again today! Must be something about the temperature changes.

I should not have driven last night but had to get Hulky from work. He drove us home. I got some chix boob cooked up before bed. We slept in the guest bed, I took 200mg of 5-htp and don't recall any dreams. I slept well. I think Hulky did too, which is good because we both needed it!

I wanted a hot chocolate this morning but decided I'd wait to see if I still want it after jury duty, before I head to work.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Take of yourself during this time of over stimulation and mental stress. Lots of sleep - and eat right! It will be over soon.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

PrimalCon New York
    I didn't get the hot chocolate. I just wanted to get to work. Very, very sleepy, but I should be revived enough to drive again safely by the time my work day is through. 3 more hours to go, and for once, that seems like such a short time . I am going to heat up some chicken & broc in a minute. I had a banana for my mid-morning snack. Need to get more snack & something for lunch tomorrow. Undecided on that.

I found out that the state will pay me $50/day after the 3rd day of jury duty. It has to get submitted to Payroll at work, I guess, so they subtract that from my regular earnings. Boo . Anyway, not sure how that is going to work because I won't get paid by the state until probably Friday and that is also payday.

Gut update: I'm trying Threelac. I've read of people taking up to 6 packets per day (which would only be 10 days worth, with 60 packets per box) so I'm working my way up to that. I spent a couple days on 2 then 3 packets each. I've experienced some gas and some intestinal distress (pain, much like pain caused by gas). It seems to help a little with my constipation, but only so much in that I am taking a serving or two less of Vitamin C than usual (just in the morning & evening, as well, because of my schedule). I am not certain if I want to switch to Fivelac and continue trying a full 6 packs per day if the 6 packs of Threelac seem effective. It's a very expensive option. Reviews often state that one must stay at a "full dose" for 2-3 months before they can reduce and that changes aren't noticeable until 2-3 weeks. At ~$50/box, I don't think I could manage that! I have looked to see if there are more affordable probiotic therapies, but I am not finding anything like this with reliable reviews/results. For now, I'm just waiting to see what kind of changes occur once I work up to the 6 packs per day. I might only have enough to do that for a few days =\.

I wonder if my increased sinus pressure has to do with the Threelac (die-off symptoms?) or just the weather. It has been warmer out than usual lately.