Page 353 of 794 FirstFirst ... 253303343351352353354355363403453 ... LastLast
Results 3,521 to 3,530 of 7934

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 353

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Jury Duty was stressful today. I want to write about it, but I also don't. I don't want to think about it anymore. Maybe I will write up some my reflections tonight.

I feel exhausted. As in, totally worn out. Don't feel like I can deal.

Hulky got sick again. Maybe his own damn fault for eating bad things? Don't know. He is calming me via email before I have a panic attack (I would already call this an anxiety attack). He's at work. Don't know if he's actually accomplishing anything or getting paid for it, however.

My doctor's office has no appointments available. I can't leave work because I just found out someone new starts Monday and I have to set up a system for them. I will be going to the walk-in clinic tonight or tomorrow about my never-ending period. I'm scared.

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Oh, shit, hun. When it rains, it pours. I hope you get a not-scary answer from the quack shack about your uterus being stupid. I hope that with Hulky he just ate too soon after being that violently ill and it's not a reaction. I'm here if you need me, even if it's just fb messenger over my phone.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Prayers and good thoughts for both you and Hulky.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    thinking of you two............ {hugs}
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Things I choose to let go:

All grains - including rice
    Refined sugars
    Legumes - including peanut butter
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Acidic foods, such as pineapple and tomato
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm choosing to do this......... I don't HAVE to.

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    *hugs* and a smack upside the head to Hulky for going to the hospital and still not acting like he needs to take care of himself.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Hospital today was a waste of time. At least the walk-in clinic is just a $20 co-pay and they didn't run any tests. Basically, they said that it was probably a combination of the timing in my cycle plus the emergency contraceptive. They said that if this doesn't actually end by about Thursday of this week, go back & see my doctor. The eye-roll emoticon should not be smiling in this case!

We got Burger King after. I got some avocado & swiss burger, kinda gross, shoulda just stuck with a plain Whopper w/ cheese! Had a little Dr Pepper, but it was too sweet. Now I have heartburn.

Feeling really tired. Probably going to play some Skyrim.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Purple haircut 2013 by sadlittlegoth | Photobucket

Changes to ze hairs Nice and short! I forgot how amazingly fluffy my hair is when short. The hairdresser was awesome. Love a hairdresser who is willing to take risks and tells me how they're going to adapt from my inspiration photo.

Which was this:

Anywho.

Sleep: Yesterday, Hulky and I slept in till almost noon and then I took a 2 hr nap in the evening. We went out and saw a new Dwayne Johnson movie (it was not what we'd expected, but pretty good) and were in bed around 1AM. We then proceeded to sleep in until about 1PM! I guess we both needed some recovery Zzz's. Me, from stressful week of jury duty (emotionally and intellectually intense) with a side of work, and him, from food poisoning recovery. We are both feeling a lot better today.

But my allergies are bad today. Off to heat some water for tea & then nose rinsing!

Traffic was pretty bad this morning. Hulky drove himself to work this morning and then I drove myself to the courthouse. Still got in early enough.shitty sleep last night.

On the phone and in the courthouse till 4pm today so limited posting.

Really happy with my hair :-). Definitely going to refresh the color soonish. I've got a few options at home.

I'm home, exhausted. They are good about giving us regular breaks. We're only in the courtroom for about 90 min at a time, then we get a 20-25 min potty break, then lunch, then end of day. So I guess we were in the courtroom for under 5 hrs today, but it felt so much longer. I picked up a grilled chicken cobb salad at a local café, was okay. Raspberry vinaigrette was the only dressing that didn't has soybean oil, and it was a weird combination with the salad flavors. I'll definitely figure out something to bring for Wednesday, which is our next full day. Tomorrow is just 9-1, then I go into work.

I really want to write about the whole jury duty process. I want to write about my reflections on the trial, too (when it's over), but I'm scared of saying anything that could compromise the case, even after the fact. I may talk to a family friend about it, who is an attorney, to see if she has any recommendations. If there's anything I could say that other people might read and find helpful about being a juror and sitting for a trial, I want to say it! But I have a feeling I won't want to talk about the trial much once it's all over. Not for a while.

Waiting for the hospital to call me back. They have something screwed up with the way my insurance is entered. The person at the desk had left after I saw the doctor on Saturday, so I didn't even get to pay my co-pay. I hope there aren't any issues with the billing.

I invited my mom over to watch the Oscars with me last night. It was fun . I haven't watched them in years. I only stayed up till about 11, then had a really hard time falling asleep. 200mg of 5-HTP helps me sleep, but gives me crazy dreams. 150mg doesn't help me sleep, but seems to work well enough for mood & depression. Not sure which I'm willing to deal with (crazy dreams or lack of sleep).
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 02-25-2013 at 02:52 PM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Any suggestions on lunch items that require no refrigeration or heating up would be welcome. I think I might just make it a fruit laden "big snack" kind of lunch on Wednesday, with some nuts (not much, just a single serving of almond butter, most likely, or a small portion of some kind of nut).

I could get a freezer pack & a lunch bag to keep something chilled, but would rather not, since I don't think I'd use it otherwise.