Page 352 of 677 FirstFirst ... 252302342350351352353354362402452 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,520 of 6767

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 352

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    My aunt is vegetarian now, after getting blood tests after my dad's heart attack in 2011 and finding that her cholesterol was very high as well, so we'll probably make some kind of fish for dinner while we're up there. I haven't made fish in a while, but when I did, I doused it in butter. They might not go for that...
    You should show your aunt the research that shows bad blood work is typically caused by a high carbohydrate diet.

Have fun on jury duty. I'd do it without much complaint, but I'll never get picked. The prosecution would LOVE me but the defense would throw me out in a second. I've got a degree in law enforcement. But, I could always keep that a secret if the case was intriguing enough!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Oh wait... probably have to take an oath during the selection process in which case I'd be perjuring myself by keeping it quiet... dang it!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Hulky thinks he might've gotten food poisoning when he had dim sum on Monday. Apparently two other people got sick after going out with him at the same place. He started feeling bad Monday night. He generally has an iron stomach, so his symptoms aren't as noticeably bad as one might expect from food poisoning. He has nothing left to come out, but he's got the ab spasms, chills, and general achy-ness. I am tempted to give him one of my Threelac packets, but I don't know if it would do anything helpful anyway.

I gave him some chicken broth (1/2 homemade, 1/2 store bought). I'll let him have some more in 2-3 hours if it is sitting okay. I hope he can start eating tomorrow. He's been drinking water all day, not as much as he needs, but at least it's staying down now.

He's been sick a lot the past few months. It probably has something to do with his semi-nocturnal schedule and 18 hr days.

I realized just now that I haven't been seriously sick in years. I've had a few colds here and there, I've had some "off" days, but those were usually from stress or lack of sleep. I've taken tons of mental health days, but nothing for a really bad illness. Maybe just a bad cold once last year. This has nothing to do with primal, apparently I'm just awesome like that. Last major bug I remember having was sophomore year in college, but it's possible I've had something since then and am just not remembering.

I have to go out again tonight for coconut oil and eggs.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Feeling really fucking anxious this morning. Got to the courthouse and realized that I'd forgotten my engagement ring. Note I feel ten times worse.

Jury duty was sufficiently distracting. I didn't feel nervous in the box, just uncomfortable. It's very weird, being there. I keep thinking about Law & Order. I think I'm going to write in my blog about the process & the trial (when it's over). I'll be sure to let you goes know when I post!

Still feel awkward without my ring. Eating a nuked sweet potato right now. I had a Larabar during the snack & potty break at 11AM. I have enough for a few more days at trial, but I think I need to bring some fruit too. I think I'll need to get myself a legit lunchbox with a freezer pack so I can have something "refrigerated" for lunch. Otherwise, I'll make something big and stash it at work. I wouldn't be able to bring it in until Tuesday, though, since Monday, I'll be at court all day.

Hulky went to the ER today. They gave him 2 liters (intravenous) of water, something to prevent vomiting, crackers & ginger ale. He was there for at least two hours, I think. So, no work again. Not sure if he went to class before the ER, or straight to ER on his way to class? He is really worried about having missed all this work (at least 3 days in the past couple of weeks). His tax return might have to be reserved for just getting by, instead of paying off his car a bit quicker. I just want him healthy. I am worried about him.

I just realized that by this weekend, I'll have had my period for over 3 weeks, maybe close to 4. I'm going to call my doctor's office in the AM. I feel a bit stupid for having waited this long, but it just wasn't a priority with everything else that has been going on in my life. It's been over a month since I took the emergency contraceptive.

I don't know if I should keep taking the Vitex.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    wow - you have a LOT happening! I hope fiance' starts to feel better soon, food poisoning can take a while to overcome. Don't beat yourself up over the ring - it will happen - after 11 years of marriage I still forget my rings on some days! yes, I feel nekid without it! Its sounds like you are taking care of your dietary needs while doing the jury thing - good for you! It take planning and planning and planning when your schedule gets all upset like this.

Sending happy/healthy vibes your way!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    If I let slip how long it's been since a trip to the lady-parts doctor... I'd probably get beaten.
    Yeah I need to go.

I was really busy year before last!
    And I was busy last year...
    And the year before all that I had classes scheduled out the wazoo... and...
    Hmm... ouch...

Yeah.
    I really NEED to go.

I'm sure you'll be fine.
    Good to get checked up on though.
    I've always had wonky periods so on the odd occasion when I bleed/spot extra long or skip month... I just ignore it.
    Maybe not the best policy, but when you have a long history of inconsistency... meh.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

I have a history of consistency, so I probably should have been worried before. But who knows, with the Vitex being fairly new, and the emergency contraceptive not being a usual thing.

I think I'm going to stop taking the Vitex for the next few days until I can see the doc.

I told Hulky that the nature of the trial was upsetting & he took me out to get comfort food. He insisted that I have something indulgent when I get home everyday . I picked up a bar of 90% Lindt and some chocolate chips so I can make dairy/gluten-free cookies this weekend. We also got ice cream. Did you know that Haagen-Dazs has a Dark Chocolate ice cream? It only has about 5 ingredients. It's VERY good.

Hulky is doing much better, btw. He was able to eat a bit yesterday. His stomach even growled haha. The anti-nausea stuff worked wonders. He took up 2 liters in UNDER AN HOUR. Seriously dehydrated, poor man . They gave him a list of BRAT-like foods that he can eat over the next couple of days. First he said he'd follow it, then he picked up some chips & Chex Mix at the grocery store and will probably dutifully ignore it.

Off to rinse the other side of my nose, brush my teeth, then to jury duty!

I'm bringing half an avocado to have at work today and I decided I will bring a water bottle. I have a lara bar for the snack break at jury duty. I ate two last night so I"ll need to get more for next week.

My period restarted full-force today .