Page 351 of 679 FirstFirst ... 251301341349350351352353361401451 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,510 of 6782

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 351

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    That's what I'm wondering, is if you can eliminate, at least partially,some of your worry and anxiety over food and your gut, if it'll start fixing itself. Stress does weird things to the body.
    Dress si gorgeous. Too bad you couldn't get it.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Available in black, but I wanted a color. I think the color would suit me, if not my hair .

Hulky is pretty set on me having purple hair for the wedding, I think. I'll need to talk to Liz about when would be the best time to do the prep (lightening and coloring before the wedding), assuming I can keep it au naturel for the next 17 months! My hair is turning weird colors right now, but I'm enjoying not dealing with dripping colors so I won't be dyeing it anytime soon.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Hulky is up and out of bed. I reminded him to take the Dayquil to work, grab the Excedrin from under the sink, and to email his professor. He pinky-promised! He had better do it! I'm just going to make him do it tonight if he doesn't, anyway!

Yesterday, I did not meet my water goal, but I felt well-hydrated. I'm behind on my goal for today, but going to shoot for two full bottles while at work anyway.

I forgot to report that I did eat breakfast this morning. 3 eggs scrambled & 3 sausage links. I did not prepare a lunch, but I brought the last sweet potato. I think there's some real butter in the fridge, too! I get to be slightly lazy with dinner tonight because we have leftover fries from dinner last night. Convenient, considering it's laundry night.

TMI: After not taking Vitamin C for a few days (the bottle at home ran out, and the avocados seemed to be taking care of things for me over the weekend), I had a much needed bathroom trip. I feel better (less pressure) and worse (pain in my lower abdomen). I expect there will be more catching up this afternoon. Also, after bleeding for 2+ weeks, my period finally seems to be coming to an end. Of course, now I have no idea when to expect it again! My best guess is the 3rd full week of March, but it could be the week before that =\.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Cute dress!!!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Had to pick Hulky up from work, which meant I left an hour early from mine. His migraine had progressed to being unable to read. I finally got him to take some Excedrin and he's improving.

I think he has a bad head cold or something. Sore throat, congested. I made him some green tea (all I have left) and poured a bunch of honey in it. He said it was tasty and I'm tempted to dump a ton more down his throat to see if it will help!

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    You gave me such a nice compliment in Pebbles journal. It made me blush. Thank you.

I'm part of a jury panel! I really did not expect that. When I got called 5 years ago, I sat in a room for 5 hrs and then they sent us all home.

My work will comp my salary, I guess. I'm not sure how it works for hourly employees. My schedule should have me out by 1PM most days. The trial is expected to wrap up sometime between March 4th and 8th. I'm not sure if I'm going to have to go in for a half day of work in order to get a full day's worth of pay. I hope not, I could really use this time to clean up around the apartment, bake a little, get groceries, and generally relax. I deserve it!

I also will have to figure out some kind of snack thing. I can bring in water, have hot beverages in the jury room, and a snack for the mid-day break. No refrigeration or microwaving, so I really have no idea what would be good. Might just get some Larabars and tough it out, or pick up some nuts at Trader Joe's.

Calling work soon to let supervisor & boss know and find out about my schedule.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Funny - the last thing I want is jury duty! I had to serve on the Grand Jury for 2 weeks about 3 years ago - and I hated every stinking moment of it! Talk about being drowned in all the low-life scum of our society! UGH! I was relieved last month when I got summoned for regular jury duty, but my number didn't get called. Yeah for really HIGH numbers!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

Well, as it turns out, I have to go to work for 1/2 days while I am also serving on the jury. I'm going to look forward to those full court days because this driving back and forth is going to drive me nuts. It's not that far from work, but it's still more of a trek than I'm used to in the AM. I think it will be fun to have such a change of schedule for a couple of weeks. It also means I won't be able to go to therapy for another couple of weeks, which will put me at over a month since my last appointment! Crazy .

Hulky got so sick he puked last night. His stomach has been hurting very badly for a couple of days. He has been sipping green tea with honey today, water, and had one green bean. After the green bean, his stomach felt really bad again, so I don't think he's ready to eat! He keeps wanting to. He ate some friggin' cookies this morning and they obviously came back up. This guy should not be alone when dehydrated ><. The Excedrin is helping (we tried regular Acetaminophen and that didn't work, so it must be the caffeine). I think I need to get some Kill Everything makings for both of us, because I'm bordering on a migraine from sinus pressure. Stomach is okay, at least.

Working the rest of today from home (another 1/2 hr or so), then I'm running out for groceries. Not in the mood to make a soup so I will probably just pick up the best canned/boxed option for him. Maybe just a chicken stock to heat up. Maybe I'll get something easy for myself too.

Silver lining: Jury duty seems really interesting so far. The whole process is very intriguing. I'm generally a pretty quiet patriot, but I do take a lot of pride in being able to do things like this, as a citizen. I'm legally bound to keep quiet about the case, and can't do any research about it on my own, but I'll share what I can with you when it's over .

Also, my mom bought me some gluten-free flour mixes. I think it's some Bob's Red Mill mixes, for pancakes, cake, and pizza crust! How nice . We will definitely try those out at some point. Maybe I'll make something to bring up to Maine in 2 weekends (we're keeping it a surprise, but my aunt will be up there at the same time and she knows). My aunt is vegetarian now, after getting blood tests after my dad's heart attack in 2011 and finding that her cholesterol was very high as well, so we'll probably make some kind of fish for dinner while we're up there. I haven't made fish in a while, but when I did, I doused it in butter. They might not go for that...

PrimalCon New York
    Forgot to add:
    -Was fairly anxious this morning, about jury duty and from lack of sleep (Hulky kept me awake for a while, I passed out sometime around 1AM after he started puking). Did a lot of mental beratement and started to compose a journal entry in my head while driving. It pissed me off so I channel surfed the radio until I could distract myself. That worked well, I felt fine once the route changed and I felt more engaged by driving. Aside from nerves
    -I think I will get some almond butter to have an apple or banana with almond butter while I'm at the court, or I'll get a bag of macadamias (haven't had them on their own before). I might have to stick with "snacks" instead of lunches for the next couple of weeks, unless I can make something big-ish, and leave it in the fridge at work to re-heat once I get in during the afternoon. A stew would probably be best. I'll work on that this weekend.