Page 346 of 762 FirstFirst ... 246296336344345346347348356396446 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,460 of 7611

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 346

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    Bah. I am more irritated by troll-squashing on the forums lately than the trolls! It's getting absurd. I have not felt the need to limit my forum excursions for quite a long time, but I think I will have to for now.

Direct insults are generally the only thing attended to by the admins so I am afraid that some very good people are going to get flack from all of this.

And that's all I'll say on the matter, since one of the forum rules is:
    Posts discussing moderator actions are also not allowed.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I very rarely ever touch the forums... unless it's a Friday and I have nothing else to do... right now, I have plenty of journals to get caught up on.

Keep your nose out of the trouble.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    ok... out of journals... lol
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Journals and EMF are the first thing I look at. Then I browse for any Gripes or active big threads that people are posting in. But it's those pesky new posts (often from new posters, poor dears) that tend to turn into this huge troll-squashing effort. It just makes me sad to see that much negativity. I guess I am becoming a sensitive flower, haha.

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Bah. I am more irritated by troll-squashing on the forums lately than the trolls! It's getting absurd.
    oh my gosh, SO MUCH this. >.< and the endless bickering in threads with newbies asking for basic help and some ppl getting in there and throwing around so much hypothetical and super scientific newbie-scaring paragraphs of doom.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Uh oh...
    Am I in trouble.
    I try to be so civil in my discussions.
    *usually*
    Last edited by cori93437; 02-15-2013 at 12:47 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Trolls have to be the worst form of human life for getting their jollies by insulting other people. In my head I always see them as passive-aggressive hipster looking, skinny jeans with a scarf wearing girly men lacking the guttoral fortitude to confront people in person.

Other than that, they're sometimes entertaining.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    Trolls have to be the worst form of human life for getting their jollies by insulting other people. In my head I always see them as passive-aggressive hipster looking, skinny jeans with a scarf wearing girly men lacking the guttoral fortitude to confront people in person.

Other than that, they're sometimes entertaining.
    I think that they should at least put a disclaimer in their sigs... "I do not follow either the Primal or Paleo WOE, and my sole function on this board is to lead newbies astray with my non-Primal advice because I feel that I'm saving you from yourself."

I mean, at least that would be honest.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I have only ever told a couple trolls to back off, and that's because they were telling someone information that would make their condition WORSE. Other than that, I live and let live.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

haha I would certainly appreciate that honesty! I think it's important to be very clear about where you are coming from. People just don't like being wrong.

For me...I don't know, I'm a push-over maybe. I don't like confrontation. I don't know how to handle it. It upsets me to see people butting heads. That's just how I am, nobody's fault. Doesn't mean it couldn't use improvement, but who knows how to start with that.

I thought I'd cheer myself up by browsing cheap wedding dresses! Then my vision got flooded by images of white dresses and I started to feel worse. I cannot see myself in any of those dresses. I am a visual person and I need to see MYSELF in a dress style before I will know what I like and what I want. I just want to have a girly window-shopping date with someone and try on dresses at Nordstrom or J. Crew. I suggested this to my sister once, but she hasn't not reciprocated in trying to make plans with me. I don't think I could deal with her anxiety over money right now either. I have enough of my own.