Page 344 of 749 FirstFirst ... 244294334342343344345346354394444 ... LastLast
Results 3,431 to 3,440 of 7484

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 344

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJecka View Post
    ...across the Charles from Harvard...
    Please know I read this as "across the Chaas from Haaavad".
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJecka View Post
    On my bicycle, I'm on-guard as well. However, I think my anxiety helps me be safer on my bike. I'm always hyper-aware of the idiots around me. It also helps that many Bostonians are used to the cyclists because there are so many of us, and there are bike paths (with a stupid amount of signs) everywhere.
    And that extra awareness is great, but there are no 'scooter paths'. Also, if you get hit by a driver who has lost control of his car at a red light while you are on a scooter it will probably not be a good time.

Not trying to discourage you, but it is what my mind goes to every time my wife says, 'scooter'
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    Yeah, I mean, that's the first time I've ever used bff...in a sentence...in this journal...
    as long as it is the last, I won't mock you for being a 13 year old girl.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    OMG the dialog between Canio and Caveman crack me up!! Love it. You two should be on tv...

I would think spending $3.50 a week on fuel would be freaking awesome. I think you should keep the scooter for work. Just park it between the cars.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    IMO, scooters should stay in the lane with cars. I've never really felt unsafe on the scooter, but I'm TERRIFIED on a bicycle. I was not super confident driving a car at the time I got the scooter, either. Maybe I am just foolish. I've driven through/into Cambridge with high traffic on the scooter before, no issues. Not driving recklessly is key! Some scooter riders are huge jerks and endanger themselves & everyone around them because they assume traffic will screech to a halt for them because they are "small". Really reckless.

You only need an active license (not M class) for a scooter in MA, so you could always test-ride one! If there are (train) tracks on your commute, I wouldn't recommend a scooter though, unless it has really good shocks. Potholes are DANGEROUS with small wheels.

BTW, I don't think of anything that isn't technically Boston as Boston proper. Brighton is Brighton, not Boston =P. I don't understand that practice.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I would think spending $3.50 a week on fuel would be freaking awesome. I think you should keep the scooter for work. Just park it between the cars.
    Seriously, I wish! But there is barely room for the cars in the driveway, definitely no room for 2 cars and a scooter.

Though I could possibly keep the scooter at Hulky's parents' house. Might have some trouble finding space for it since they have a full driveway too, but it's only 2 blocks away and I wouldn't run into any issues with the landlady bitching.

Though then she'll bitch that we have 2 cars they we aren't using all the time.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I think it's time you move. lol

Are you not allowed to park on the street?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

No, parking on streets overnight is not allowed in my town. Everybody has driveways. In other towns/cities next to Boston (we are close to, not next to), there are no driveways, so the ONLY parking is on street, but you generally have to hunt for spots.

We really do want to move, but it's hard to find all that we need in our price range. I don't think it's going to be financially feasible before the wedding, or after =\.

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    BTW, I don't think of anything that isn't technically Boston as Boston proper. Brighton is Brighton, not Boston =P. I don't understand that practice.
    The way the zoning works, I'm in Boston proper. If you put "Boston, MA" or "Brighton, MA" in my address, it doesn't matter - my mail gets delivered to me either way. If you do that for a Newton or Brookline address, it will get returned to sender. :P Even our little sign on Comm Ave says, "Welcome to Brighton, A Neighborhood of Boston" and mentions Mayor Menino. Newton's just says, "Welcome to the City of Newton".
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I would say move to Texas, but there is nowhere in this area up for rent or sale that's not atrociously overpriced. (Think less than 1000 SF for $1500/ mo, not including utilities, for a 1 br/ 1 ba apt.)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome