Page 343 of 797 FirstFirst ... 243293333341342343344345353393443 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,430 of 7965

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 343

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    Your boyfriend is dumb; drop the zero and get with a hero.
    Well, in his defense...

my wife wants one also. I said no. Put an uncoordinated person on a small scooter in a town full of the elderly and idiots driving huge trucks with absolutely no situational awareness. Yeah, I will be dumb and keep my wife alive.

No defense for him!

MissJecka want a scooter, MissJecka get a scooter!

Edit* I'm just kidding Mr. Canio.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

canio6 Guest
    No defense for him!

well, I just got told.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    A scooter is great, but only in certain environments. Jecka, I don't know what area of Boston 'burbs you might be in. For me, in the 'burbs near Alewife, it's not a big deal to only be able to go 30mph. Other scooters can go faster, and can be modded to go faster, but I didn't do as much research as I could've and mine can't really be modded to go faster. Vespas as pretty adorable and I wish I could've saved up for one! I bet the re-sale value is pretty good too.

They are absurdly easy to ride, however. I legally cannot take it on roads where the posted limit is over 45 mph, but I keep it on roads that are max 30 or 35. Pisses off the cars that almost always go faster, but at least I'm not breaking any laws .

I get 70-80 mpg, but can only hold 1 gallon in the tank, so I have to fill up about once a week.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    Your boyfriend is dumb; drop the zero and get with a hero.
    Haha, I'll tell him that. :P

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Well, in his defense...

my wife wants one also. I said no. Put an uncoordinated person on a small scooter in a town full of the elderly and idiots driving huge trucks with absolutely no situational awareness. Yeah, I will be dumb and keep my wife alive.
    Yeah, I'm actually not the most confident car-driver. I get a little anxious behind the wheel, kind of feeling like I'm driving a deathmobile sometimes! My boyfriend says someone with my lack of confidence on the road shouldn't have a scooter.

However -- I am very good at riding a bike on city and suburban street and I'm not fearful but also not reckless when doing so! I wonder which is more important for a prospective scooter-owner: being confident behind the wheel, or being confident on a bicycle?

No defense for him!

Edit* I'm just kidding Mr. Canio.
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    A scooter is great, but only in certain environments. Jecka, I don't know what area of Boston 'burbs you might be in. For me, in the 'burbs near Alewife, it's not a big deal to only be able to go 30mph. Other scooters can go faster, and can be modded to go faster, but I didn't do as much research as I could've and mine can't really be modded to go faster. Vespas as pretty adorable and I wish I could've saved up for one! I bet the re-sale value is pretty good too.
    I actually live in Boston proper -- Brighton Center, to be exact. I'm kind of wedged between BU and BC, and almost exactly across the Charles from Harvard. My drive to work is on side-streets through Brookline and Newton, so I guess that's more 'burb-like.
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

Where I live a scooter would be a hassle since it's all county roads and smaller highways. I could maybe see the use of one if you lived and worked in this city that I work in, but for a commuter like me it would be very dangerous to try to contend with the rush hour folks on a scooter. I wouldn't ride a scooter or a motorcycle because they're dangerous.
    Miss Jecka your boyfriend isn't dumb...unless you think he is and then I'm like yeah, he totally is. Whatever you think, ya know?
    Canio, I'm sorry my attempt at humor was off. I'll make you the best ramen soup you've ever had if only you'll be my bff again.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJecka View Post
    However -- I am very good at riding a bike on city and suburban street and I'm not fearful but also not reckless when doing so! I wonder which is more important for a prospective scooter-owner: being confident behind the wheel, or being confident on a bicycle?
    As I tell my wife, I do not lack confidence in her; I lack confidence in the other idiots on the road, who will not even bother to look for/avoid someone on a scooter.

As such, do you have confidence some moron will not run you over?

canio6 Guest
    Canio, I'm sorry my attempt at humor was off. I'll make you the best ramen soup you've ever had if only you'll be my bff again.
    Oh, no worries, I got the humor. I actually chuckled. I didn't LOL of course *looks at your sig line* I just do like to point out the other side of arguments being that the devil is in need of advocates and all.

BTW no one with a penis is ever allowed to use the term BFF. I will take it that it was meant in jest (this one time). If it happens again we are taking your man card. You have been warned.

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    As such, do you have confidence some moron will not run you over?
    I honestly can't explain it. When I'm in a car, I definitely don't trust the other drivers; in fact, I think most are idiots (especially in Boston, ugh) who can't control their vehicles and drive very unsafely. I'm very on-guard. I've never been in an accident that I've caused. (I've been hit by a driver who lost control of his car while I was at a red light; that's my only accident in my 8 years of driving.)

On my bicycle, I'm on-guard as well. However, I think my anxiety helps me be safer on my bike. I'm always hyper-aware of the idiots around me. It also helps that many Bostonians are used to the cyclists because there are so many of us, and there are bike paths (with a stupid amount of signs) everywhere.
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    BTW no one with a penis is ever allowed to use the term BFF. I will take it that it was meant in jest (this one time). If it happens again we are taking your man card. You have been warned.
    Yeah, I mean, that's the first time I've ever used bff...in a sentence...in this journal...