Page 341 of 776 FirstFirst ... 241291331339340341342343351391441 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,410 of 7759

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 341

Shop Now
    I found a recipe for a coconut milk mousse on Pinterest yesterday. It calls for something like 1/4 cup of dutch cocoa powder plus coconut cream (the thick part from a refrigerated/separated can of full-fat coconut milk). The 365 brand from Whole Foods never gets very solid for me when I refrigerate it, so I will have to try it with some other brand. I think Native Forest worked for me before. I wish we had a better mixer. I wonder if I could find whisk attachments for our cheapo hand/stand mixer (it can be removed from the stand). It just uses the standard hand mixer kind of attachments.
    The organic Thai kitchen tends to thicken well! Brands are different but typically you can turn the can upside down and drain out the coconut water and use the rest.

I don't know if you have a trader joes around by you, but their I can get actual canned coconut cream, which works really well for mousse! Although I did have to water it down a bit.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I tried the TJ's coconut cream once and REALLY disliked it. It thickened up a LOT in the fridge, which was great, but it tasted like sawdust to me! I returned all that I'd bought and sent a complaint to the company about the additives in it (has more than most I've seen). They were just like "Eh, it's just to keep the substance the right consistency."

Maybe it was a bad can. Maybe it was just my mouth! I might try it again sometime, but I was pretty turned off by it.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

The only thing that I noticed about it was that it smelled a little funny coming out of the can, and that the texture was slightly chunky, bigger pieces of coconut maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    There aren't any Walmarts that close to me.
    What do you do for fun then???
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Just thinking out loud...

Very recently, I seem to have a very comfortable "zen" mindset in dealing with forum drama. I've never felt comfortable taking a strong position in any argument because as soon as it gets heated, my emotional interference prevents me from coming up with ANY reasonable response. There were a lot of instances where I'd enter a heated discussion and stop posting once "confronted". I felt that my values were easily questioned and it made me feel like a weak person for not being able to back myself up. I think some of that goes back to childhood, where I had the same problem, but I don't know what started it all. I hate to go to the "blame the parents" route, but it could be that they did not set a suitable example for me to use for conflict resolution or debate.

With the increase in posters with alternative views, especially those who do not follow a Primal lifestyle, I have suddenly found that I am very content to ignore them altogether. They are not worthy of my time. I don't put them on ignore because I don't want to cloud my view of forum content. I want to see what they say, regardless of how different it may be from my own opinions and views.

I believe it is important to frame responses in the context of one's own experiences. While one can say that one method should work for everyone, I believe that is it more appropriate to say that one believes one method should work for everyone. Not everyone feels that way, and I don't take it personally anymore if someone counters my opinion or tries to make me feel worthless. There are lots of people who claim that is not their intention, but I have a hard time imagining it could be anything else, when everything they post has an incredibly aggressive tone.

That being said, it still makes me sad to read people with such a warped (to me) view of members that I value highly. There was a time when I felt very unwelcome in certain places on the forum. I stuck to journals. I stayed out of the "women only" thread. I felt like a minority, as a young person with no health issues to battle. Now I am a young person with my own health issue, and not one that a lot of other people are dealing with for an extended amount of time. I'm still a minority in that respect, but I'm okay with that. I can still learn from other people's experiences, but I've also learned that most people will not understand mine.

Is this about that "Please get out of my life" note you put in my Christmas card?

I'm with you on the confrontation part, I hate mean people. However, if you have views/opinions that feel threatened by random folks on a forum, please rethink those views. I'm not saying you have to argue with them, but do like I do and have a fake argument in your head. If you feel strongly about something you should be able to tell someone why. I have fake political arguments all the time, not like yelling and screaming with someone, but clarifying to someone my POV. I think when you know what you believe you know more about who you are.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

I dunno.

I have to ask Choco what I should think about what you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    Is this about that "Please get out of my life" note you put in my Christmas card?

I'm with you on the confrontation part, I hate mean people. However, if you have views/opinions that feel threatened by random folks on a forum, please rethink those views. I'm not saying you have to argue with them, but do like I do and have a fake argument in your head. If you feel strongly about something you should be able to tell someone why. I have fake political arguments all the time, not like yelling and screaming with someone, but clarifying to someone my POV. I think when you know what you believe you know more about who you are.
    I don't even remember what I wrote in your card, but it was only after I sealed it that I realized I hadn't addressed it to you & family! Felt a little guilty. I didn't want to ignore your mini-gingers .

I keep things in my head a LOT, which is probably also why I write a lot (here). I don't get the chance to verbalize all these things very often, since the workplace is not exactly the right forum for these kinds of discussions. When we see our friends, it's more light-hearted conversation, usually. I definitely agree that I should be able to explain to someone why I feel a certain way. Sometimes, I find that someone challenging my views leads me to do my own research or changing my mind on some things. That's totally fine! I learn things about myself and that particular view. And it's totally fine to disagree with people. I just think there are ways to do it respectfully, and those methods are rarely used on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    I have to ask Choco what I should think about what you posted.
    I got a good laugh from this.

I am tired, very tired, and feeling a bit hungry. Probably need more food. Grocery stores are probably going to be crazy on the way home with people picking up last minute Valentine's Day stuff. Not sure what I could pick up that would make a good snack anyway. Guess I'll just risk feeling icky from a coconut milk drink. Maybe I will take a nap after work.

I had some very painful bloating last night. Wonder if it was from having two sweet potatoes? I guess I don't usually have that much starch at once.

I want to start making kombucha but I think our apartment is too cold and I don't have the energy to figure out how to start. Kefir would be loads easier if I could handle dairy.

Payday is tomorrow, thank goodness. I'm going to put in my payment for bloodwork (think it might've been the iodine test) tonight so it goes through tomorrow. I should have enough to pay off the electric bill and the other medical bill and no trouble with groceries/loans for the rest of the month.

Hulky are trying to figure out when we can get up to Maine once the car is taken care of. It's going to be a very short trip because he works late on Fridays and there's always traffic heading south on Sunday afternoon/evenings.

Dinner was snausages, green beans, and a sweet potato. Sweet potato in the sausage grease? So, so good. Hulky is getting the same except rice instead of tater. Wish I could have more!

I also finished off his ice cream (Imagine Whirled Peace). He told me I had to do 10 push-ups, 20 sit-ups, and 10 kettlebell swings in exchange. I'm at 7, 10, and 20. Finishing my "workout" now!