Page 340 of 797 FirstFirst ... 240290330338339340341342350390440 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,400 of 7970

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 340

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I'm looking into natural pain relieving remedies & sleep aids for Hulky. He's been taking 9 mg of melatonin and no longer has to get up after not being able to fall asleep. I think he could take less, he keeps looking for things that have a knock-out effect for him. Melatonin is not supposed to be like that.

SAM-e is supposed to be good for seratonin, dopamine, and pain relief. Can take a few weeks to build-up.

Turmeric is also supposed to be helpful for inflammation & pain. You can get it in capsules. I think that also takes some time for relief to take effect.

Magnesium might help with his sleep issues, and I know you can get Calcium-Magnesium-D blends. He is deficient in D and needs all the help he can get for bone/joint health. I think we'll start with this, no more than 200mg magnesium at night. The D won't be enough for a deficiency, so I might still try to get him to take that separately in the AM. We'll increase the dose until the magnesium indicates it's enough (loose stools). I don't think this will help with the pain, but it's something.
    I have read that valerian root is supposed to be helpful for sleep as well, but I am not sure of a dosage.. I take melatonin every day, 9mg, and have recently started drinking a cup of Sleepy Time tea (chamomile tea), which does help with making me sleep better.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    I have also read of Valerian root. Apparently he is only take 6mg of melatonin, so that's not so bad. I just worry about things like dependency. I have been told that can happen with melatonin. I've also read the opposite, so who knows.

I didn't get around to eating yet today. I'm pretty fucking pissed about some shit that just went down at my office. A system administrator wiped out the Favorites on everyone's computer. People rely on those heavily here. Really the worst way to implement a regular back-up policy for that kind of thing. Nothing I can do about it either! They are irrecoverable.

I am very close to reaching my hydration goal for the day (at lease 60 oz by now). Not sure how many times I should have gone to the bathroom. How will I know when I'm hydrated?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Sleepytime Plus (the plus is valarian) was helping me for a while. Hm, maybe I should dig it out again for myself . . .

Hey- bad days happen. Just got through some myself. But knowing they're bad days, and they're temporary, means you're moving in the right direction

Now go eat something!
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

phigment is online now Senior Member
    Enough hydration is when your urine lacks color or very pale yellow.

Last night I had dinner (sweet potato, asparagus, pork chop) and then another sweet potato. I was still hungry, but felt like it was too late to eat. I didn't want to eat what I'd prepped for lunch. The avocados I picked up aren't ripe yet. I tried to get different shades so they won't ripen all at once, but none were near ripe. It'll be a few days at least before I can have any . I need to find more snack items. Nuts tend to turn into a meal and make me feel sick. Almonds do not sit well with me, so I think those are out entirely, for now. I baked cookies for Hulky, at his request. Well, he asked if I would make the dough, but I baked them anyway. I didn't eat any. I think I over-baked them a little because the ones in the middle of the pan weren't finishing as quickly, but he said, "You should ALWAYS make the cookies!" No thanks, I don't want to cook/bake anymore than I already do! We are celebrating our Valentines Day on the weekend, going to see Die Hard and either order out or eat out somewhere.

Lunch will be pork chop & broc. Not enough, but it's something.

I reached my hydration goal yesterday. Don't know if I'm fully hydrated yet or not. I went to the bathroom 3-4 times at work yesterday, seemed to pass plenty each time, but not as much as I expected. More than usual, at least.

I found a recipe for a coconut milk mousse on Pinterest yesterday. It calls for something like 1/4 cup of dutch cocoa powder plus coconut cream (the thick part from a refrigerated/separated can of full-fat coconut milk). The 365 brand from Whole Foods never gets very solid for me when I refrigerate it, so I will have to try it with some other brand. I think Native Forest worked for me before. I wish we had a better mixer. I wonder if I could find whisk attachments for our cheapo hand/stand mixer (it can be removed from the stand). It just uses the standard hand mixer kind of attachments.

Quote Originally Posted by phigment View Post
    Enough hydration is when your urine lacks color or very pale yellow.
    Then I guess about 8 glasses is good for me!

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I found that when I started drinking less coffee and more water (64 oz) that I didn't pee near as frequently as when i was just drinking coffee. Guess my body needed the extra hydration and used the water.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

I don't drink much coffee or much tea. Maybe 1-2 mugs a day, but not every day. For as long as I can remember, however, I have never had much water during the day. I used to hydrate plenty, earlier last year, especially while at work (keeping a water bottle at my desk helped), but I stopped sometime after my constipation issues started. I don't know how over-hydrating could cause constipation, but I was willing to try anyway =P. Back to hydrating! Tired of these dry lips!

In other news, I nearly flipped my lip this morning when I was venting about how the show Buffy the Vampire Slayer is not very feminist on Facebook. A former classmate/co-worker was all, "Well, the '90s was a different time. They didn't know then what we know now." WTF EXCUSE ME? I have read literature from hundreds of years ago that has more advanced feminist theory than the crap people write TODAY. The time frame has nothing to do with it. People are telling me it gets better after season 1 (I've never watched this show before, thought I'd give it a shot for the sake of geek education or something), but I don't know if I really want to wait it out. No loss there, just watching it on Netflix.

I do have a new appreciation for Kaylee on Firefly though (another Joss Whedon show, about 10 yrs old now). I used to hate her, but now I think I appreciate her character a bit more. Maybe it's because I'm happier now so I don't find her care-free attitude quite so irritating. I like how the women characters on that show fit into different archetypes and defy them in different ways.

In wedding news: I have emailed our #1 venue choice again after over a week of no response. I will call again tomorrow, too. If they don't get back to us by end of next week, I think we'll have to move on to our next choice. The first choice option was near the beach, outdoors, would have required a tent set-up. No idea what if anything would have been provided as part of a package. It's a B&B so there would be rooms for some of the family (and me and Hulky) to rent out, though they were rather pricey just based on the room rates. It's possible that they are closed for the season, but I'm surprised that no one is checking for VM or emails?

Our #2 choice is a former church in town, reasonable cost to rent for 8 or 12 hrs (so we have time to prep the space before the ceremony), includes tables, chairs, and dance floor. We'd have to rent a sound system, and get everything else through vendors or on our own (booze, food, decorations...that's it, right?). The car is going in for a transmission fluid change & fixing the broken engine mount Saturday AM so we can take a trip up to check out the space soon.

Anytime I start to stress about wedding planning things, I force myself to stop & do/look at something else. No need for that. The thing that irks me most right now is people keeping asking me if I have a theme/color scheme. I just want colors. I don't really care about picking 2 or 3 that go together, I just want Spring-y or Summer-y colors.

Fae: I have fed her in two installments for each meal since she puked two mornings ago. That seems to be working well. We are closing the bedroom doors when we leave the house so she can't go puke in there while we're gone! She will not eat liver anymore though! She liked it the first time and last week, but she wouldn't touch it today. I will try a little mixed with the regular meat tonight, or put a few bits of kibble on it. I have to find SOME way that she will eat it. I'm worried she won't be getting enough nutrients from the chicken necks/backs or thighs.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    How will I know when I'm hydrated?
    Thanks for the reminder that I hadn't drank/drunk (??) enough water yet today. Chug-a-lug!

I found a recipe for a coconut milk mousse on Pinterest yesterday. It calls for something like 1/4 cup of dutch cocoa powder plus coconut cream (the thick part from a refrigerated/separated can of full-fat coconut milk). The 365 brand from Whole Foods never gets very solid for me when I refrigerate it, so I will have to try it with some other brand. I think Native Forest worked for me before. I wish we had a better mixer. I wonder if I could find whisk attachments for our cheapo hand/stand mixer (it can be removed from the stand). It just uses the standard hand mixer kind of attachments.
    Walmart has a really good coconut milk - Golden Star. It's in the Asian Food section. It's coconut and water... coconut floats to the top and there's hardly any water in it.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yup, going to refill my water bottle now!

Apparently there's a campaign in my town by some high school girls to get individual water bottle sales banned. It's probably mostly to put on their college applications. What about sodas? What about all the other disposable bottled beverages? Whatever, I rarely buy bottled water, and it's never when I'm in town. People were flipping their shit on the town email list (I follow for important notices like stores closing, construction etc.). Grow up, let the kids do what they want. If it comes to a vote, guess who gets to vote anyway? YOU. Dumb-asses.

Seems to be the word of the dya.

There aren't any Walmarts that close to me. The one time I went looking, we got terribly lost and the store was not where the address/Google Maps indicated. I'm not even sure I can have coconut milk anyway. Seems to bother me worse than coconut oil.