Page 339 of 779 FirstFirst ... 239289329337338339340341349389439 ... LastLast
Results 3,381 to 3,390 of 7782

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 339

canio6 Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Funny, I asked my husband the other day why he won't even consider Primal. "Is it because I do it? I said. He said, "Not at all, I just don't want to live without bread forever."
    The exact reason my wife wont do it.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Funny, I asked my husband the other day why he won't even consider Primal. "Is it because I do it? I said. He said, "Not at all, I just don't want to live without bread forever."
    Yeah, I think Hulky feels that way, but maybe as a short-term trial, we can just focus on the trial and not giving up bread for the rest of his life.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Early on at the apartment, I made primal dinners without major carbs & he complained about not feeling good. I think he was getting carb flu! I want to try and minimize that effect as much as possible for now, so perhaps he can keep his regular potatoes & white rice.

Ideally, he'd do a full month, but I think 2 weeks should be enough time for him to notice any changes in digestion/bloating/weight and maybe congestion & regular aches.
    Hulky seems to be in pretty good shape weight wise and all. I don't see any reason to restrict starches (rice and potatoes) if he likes them. Hell, if that stops him from eating wheat/chips/crap it will be worth it.

True dat. He does want to lose about 5 lbs, but I wonder if just cutting out the crap would be enough (and then maybe he'd mostly stay primal?).

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    True dat. He does want to lose about 5 lbs, but I wonder if just cutting out the crap would be enough (and then maybe he'd mostly stay primal?).
    No clue. I need to lose 5 pounds 10 times and then get back with you.

Sell it as not eating bread most of the time. They can still have their 20%. And after a while, most bread will take like a cardboard box cats pissed in and will lose its appeal.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I tried the 80% 20% push and even the "you would drop weight like crazy if you tried it for 30 days" tack. Nothing. I really think he wants to pave his own way. He is talking about eating less bread, junk and cutting portion sizes.

Why for you change Hulky woman? What's the old saying? A man marries a woman thinking she won't change and a woman marries a man thinking she can change him?
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

He has expressed interest in changing (anything to help the pain in his foot), that's the only reason I'm considering suggesting this now. Any other positive side effects would be nice, but if not, we'll just keep going as we've been going and that's been working okay for us.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    scotch. it does both.

though this is probably not recommended nor a 'suppliment' per se.
    Not a supplement.... a food group all by itself!