Page 337 of 776 FirstFirst ... 237287327335336337338339347387437 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,370 of 7759

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 337

Primal Fuel
    He got a big tax return and he's paying off his car?? Stories like this make me tear up. I love that guy. I love you Hulky.

Sorry you're feeling bad and your alien puked again. Rest it up real good today.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    We're getting a nice tax refund too. We're paying off the last of Brad's business debt, setting the rest of the money aside to pay for my furlough (22 days), and then putting the rest on a credit card. Being responsible sucks b/c we could totally use that refund and a paid off car as a REALLY nice down payment on a new(er) car for me... or take a really super cool kick ass vacation... but responsibility wins out...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Yeah dude, putting that money towards our wedding?!?! That would've been great, but getting this car paid off sooner means we can set more money aside for the wedding anyway. It comes out to the same thing, except less interest paid .

We went to the Boston Burger Company today. We've eye-balled it for years and it wasn't busy so we stopped in. I got a Vermonster, which had slice Granny Smith apples, maple syrup, sharp cheddar, and bacon. I also got sweet potato fries and brought most of those home after finishing most of the burger. The smell of the bread was a bit of a turn-off, but the whole thing tasted amazing. Hulky got a 420, which had some kind of cheese, mac & cheese, mozzarella sticks, bacon, and was supposed to have onion rings but he asked to get it without. He ate about half, and only had one of the bacon & cheese fries (huge slices of some kind of long potato). He's all set for dinner and I have plenty of fries to nibble on.

I don't think I'm prepared to do HFLC yet.

Oh, and I slept for about 3 more hours after I got up this morning. Hulky tucked me in after the first hour (after he'd gotten up) and made me get undressed and properly under the covers. At first, I'd just crept under the top comforter in my clothes to keep him company, but I fell asleep and had a number of very weird dreams.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 02-12-2013 at 01:23 PM.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    OMG, the Vermonster sounds good!

You know, y'all have a lot of shag carpet for a house with a cat . . .
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

They're just two area rugs (not sure of the dimensions). We vacuum once a week or two. Her hair usually ends up all over our clothes or her preferred sleeping spot (usually a blanket) anyway.

If we could afford different rugs, I might buy them, but I like having all that softness under my toes in the bedrooms .

I felt better yesterday, but then I went and ate more ice cream last night. I could've gone to sleep without it, but I was hungry. Realized that the burger meal, while large, was the only thing I'd eaten all day. Motivation to take care of myself today is very, very low. Unfortunately, taking care of myself is the only way I'm going to recover.

I started feeling much better after my first dose of 5-HTP last night, so I took a Tryptophan this morning to see if I can boost my serotonin a bit earlier, without falling asleep at work.

I have enough money left over to buy some avocados on my lunch break. I'm not sure if I'm even going to eat breakfast this morning. Feeling pretty worthless & broken.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Feeling pretty worthless & broken.
    hugs Nameless.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Worthless and broken, my ass. You are human and tired of fighting for what should innately be yours. THat does not make you worthless. Tired, frustrated, and sick of the bullshit, I'll accept, but you aren't worthless. You aren't broken either. Your body may have no earthly idea on how to take a good shit or even what it likes day to day, but your spirit is not broken because you are still fighting.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Ahhh, naidknight, the wise and all-knowing. Tell me: will I be able to save enough for the wedding we are dreaming of?

Yeah, that's spot on, though.

The silver linings for the day:
    -I have reached this point before. It took me a lot longer this time. I haven't taken a mental health day off from work since at least early December. That's very good, for me. (I can't use my floating holiday for unplanned days off, but at least I've started the year off pretty well for saving up PTO.)
    -The toe infection is STILL not healed and in fact feels a little worse (itchiness has returned) for the past 2 days. I blame sugar. I'm not surprised. Going "back to normal" should help it go away, along with continuing the silver ointment. So, I have some information, at least, if not answers.
    -The cat did not puke again last night or before I left today. I think she ate too fast yesterday morning. I think I am having trouble with the chicken neck/back meat I'm getting from Whole Foods. It seems to go bad very quickly so by the time it's defrosted so I can portion it out, it isn't good when it defrosts again for a meal. I might have to go back to chicken thighs, or just hacking up quarters & saving the bones for broth. I might try giving her some pork tonight.

I'm not ready to go low carb. If I can't feed myself enough on a regular basis, I should not make any major changes. Moar fat is something I can worth on with my regular moderate-carb diet.

I have the makings for a mug or two of KE tea (two bags being one serving, and I can use them twice), plus one Tazo Calm. I didn't use the neti pot this morning so I think I will brew some tea to clear up the old sinuses soon.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Ahhh, naidknight, the wise and all-knowing. Tell me: will I be able to save enough for the wedding we are dreaming of?

Yeah, that's spot on, though.
    *Pulls out gypsy shawl and crystal orb*
    I foresee many happy years and a great party.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome