Page 336 of 784 FirstFirst ... 236286326334335336337338346386436 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,360 of 7837

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 336

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I am, perhaps foolishly, not really worried about accidents. He is generally very coordinated. His injuries come from being foolish. Cracked his pelvis as a teen from trying to do a kick beyond his abilities at martial arts class. Tore his shoulder when we were horsing around and I pounced on him. Broke his foot by flipping over me, out of the bed, but not sticking the landing (foot met siderail instead of floor). Anyway, you are right, we will have to be aware of that. I will remind him of that danger .

Looking up affordable minimalist shoe styles, I found Sierra Trading Post is having a sale on shoes over $75 right now (25% off). Their women's Merrell barefoot style winter boots are down to $60 with that discount! My boots are serviceable, plenty warm & good traction, but barefoot style... [[cartoon-style hearts from eyes]] Gah, actually it's 30% off if you sign up for their deal-flyer email newsletter!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Fil-a Skeletoes are not expensive. I usually got mine at Kohl's except for a pair my wife found on zulily I think. Either way they are usually around $40-50.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

I think the local sports store has that brand. We might've tried them on for amusement once. I'll see if he's willing to rock some toe-shoes. I think the width might be an issue though.

canio6 Guest
    Yeah, I found the skelatoes to be too narrow. I wish Hulky the best of luck. I'm a softstars fan but they tend to be pricy $75+

From my research, Softstars appear to be the best option for wide-footed folk, if not custom moccasins.

Hulky says he has access to a workout room at his office. He is going to ease into running barefoot-style on the treadmills there. I suggested he start with walking for 20 min a day, in socks. He asked me to pester him to watch the exercise DVD that the chiro gave him about shoulder exercises. I'm glad that he is feeling motivated to get his body back in order, strength-wise, now that he's off the crutches. He's been talking about what he might do for ages, but now that there's a prognosis and all, I think it's easier for him to act.

New Balance has great minimalist shoes, I suggest buying off of their website a lot of the time you can find great deals on them (sometimes as low as under 60.00) and you tend to get better color options too! They also come in wide sizes

Nice, thank you! The Minimus Zero Life looks like a good choice even for winter walking.

It might not be the best option for winter, water gets into them VERY easily. I have a minimus zero and the mesh allow water to seep in. They also some how seep in through the bottom. I loved the zero a lot though!

Right now I have the 4 mm drop trail shoe, but I haven't tried them out doors, they are my gym shoes for the time being. I do know people that use the trail for out doors in the winter without problem

Hulky got an AWESOME tax return. He had a friend do the paperwork for him. I don't know if that friend is magic or it's because he made so little! I earned over 3x as much as him and got about 1/4 of the return. I guess I bumped up a tax bracket from last year or something. Next year will probably be even worse!

The money can go straight into paying off his car. I think the final payments are due later this summer, but the sooner that's out of the way, the more we can save for the wedding & honeymoon! He & I chatted a bit today about how to set aside money for the honeymoon while also saving for the wedding. We are going to open a joint account at a credit union ASAP, just have to do some research about which one will be best for us.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I feel defeated this morning. I've been craving ice cream for weeks and we finally went out & got some. It was nice, watching TV with Hulky & nomming on ice cream. But I woke up this morning and just felt anxious and awful. My own fault.

I'm staying home & feeling guilty about it. My condition to myself is that I have to do some productive things today. I can pick up some avocados at the grocery store. A few cans of grain-free cat food or fish for the cat, in case of emergency.

I feel completely non-functional. I washed dishes this morning, used the neti pot, took my supplements, but I can't bring myself to eat. The trash pick-up has already gone by and it's a sheet of ice out there, otherwise I would've tossed the last half of the pint of ice cream (I kept it gluten-free, at least, with Ben & Jerry's Karamel Sutra).

I just need a day to wallow & take care of things and try to prep for the rest of the week. I can hard boil some eggs. I can cook up some pork. I can vacuum. I can put some baking soda on the older cat puke spots & vacuum that up later. I can start the laundry earlier.

Hulky might stay home with me today. He's off crutches now, but his foot is hurting really badly most of the time. From what the doctor said, it might always be that way. I don't like that option. I'm going to look into natural pain killers so he's not just downing Ibuprofen all the time.

The cat puked again this morning. I didn't think she'd eaten too quickly, but she must've. I'll feed her in small portions later today. At least it wasn't as chunky as before, and I got her off the carpet before she got most of it out. This time, it was on the computer room rug (also shag).