Page 334 of 679 FirstFirst ... 234284324332333334335336344384434 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,340 of 6782

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 334

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Feel free to ship some out here. We need it!
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I would gladly send this away! We've had snow storage issues in winters past, not for several years though. Parking lots get dedicated to snow for a while, depending on how cool the rest of the winter ends up being.

Shoveling is very cardio intensive for me. I very much dislike cardio. But I feel pretty good after moving around this morning, so I guess I'm not a total lump! My pecs feel like they got a little bit of a workout, but I've actually been doing some push-ups lately, so maybe that's why. The ab is returning, but I've been pretty bloated lately. Just a sip of beer is too much for me, stomach starts gurgling immediately. Spiked cocoa sounds amazing. I wish I had almond milk because I don't really like coconut milk for cocoa . I doubt that any grocery stores will be open today.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I'm going to put something here that I'd like you to read, but you may or may not find useful. These are just my thoughts:

You have digestive issues that seem to be difficult to diagnose. You have mentioned in the past that beer does not make for a happy tummy. That your supps can upset your tummy. That coconut oil can upset your tummy. I know that I am prone to over-thinking and looking outside the basics for solutions to my problems. I think I see that in you, too. What I'm suggesting is that you stop it.

Alcohol, while a wonderful thing, offers no nutrition, is even faster-acting than sugars, and is, essentially, a poison. So until you get yourself sorted out, drop it. When you're in a hurry or having a bad day, or whatever, you're more concerned about taking your supps than making sure you eat well. Until your insides are sorted out, invert that. You like to experiment with a wide range of foods, but I'm sure you know what you eat that always makes you feel better (not the icecream kind of better, the really better kind of better). Until you have things sorted out, stick with those foods.

I'm bringing this up because if the doctors can't diagnose you, then maybe sticking to what doesn't ever upset your stomach is the place to start rather than having an upset stomach and reaching for a solution. It's hard, it will suck, but in the end, you just might have the answer you're looking for.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

I think I have, for the most part, been eating well for myself. It's just the past few weeks I've been having a hard time sticking to what I know sits well with me, and new things seem to crop up and have stronger reactions all the time. Regular potatoes never seemed to be an issue in the past, but I think they are now. Coconut oil in the amount that I've been consuming it lately (no more than 1 tbsp per day, I'd guess) has not been bothering me. Coconut milk, however, does. I hate guessing. I hate not being able to handle dairy.

You're right about meals vs. supps. I need to stop skipping meals. I need to plan ahead & make sure I have enough for lunches when I have the time to do so, over the weekend. It's not that much effort, I just haven't been doing it. I haven't EVER been doing that.

I need to be consistent. It will only help. Even if I try something new (GAPS or Fivelac), it will only help.

Will it take months more of doing this same thing over and over? Eating a small variety of foods & taking Vitamin C all the damn time just so I can have semi-normal BMs. It might. I really, really hate that. But since I can't do anything about it, making myself feel worse physically is not going to help.

It's the mental part that I'm struggling with right now. I feel deprived and denied.

That went over better than I'd feared *whew*

Hey, healing yourself is a long, slow, boring process. It sucks. I get it. I'm in the middle of it myself and the lack of immediate changes is annoying the hell out of me. (Particularly the mental part- c'MON brain, just be right!) But maybe if I preach patience and consistancy to you it'll help me practice it

Haha, I'll try to do the same for you :-P

Toes update: So that infection I struggled with a few weeks is STILL on its last legs. My toes have that heat-change itch today, from walking out in the snow for a while (shoveling, playing, and walking to and from the liquor store). Yes, we got liquor even after all that which drssgchic posted. Hulky is well aware he'll be having almost all of it. I picked up some new cider I've never tried. Anyway, toes are looking almost normal now. The one that had the redness last is still a teensy bit red. I'm still using the silver ointment because that seems to work best. The tea tree oil was just making my skin outrageously dry after a while.

I think for the past several weekends, I think of my off-track eating as a last hurrah before I get back on, but then I do it again. That has to stop.

I think when my gut improves, my skin condition in general will improve. I've got the usual winter dryness, but I think with enough fat in my diet, it could be better. I need to figure out a good fat-intensive lunch so I can get myself on board with this EMF plan. I might end up almost entirely forsaking veggies for a while.

I made gluten-free cookies today. I'm planning on making them last as long as possible. I've had 2.5 today. I used Spectrum organic palm shortening and Pamela's gluten-free baking mix. I won't bake again for a while.

ulnauy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post

Before diving off the porch into the driveway.
    Looks like you guys got the worst of it. Down here in NYC we didn't get half that. That's the worst thing about NYC, we always miss the worst winter weather — the center of the storm is always to the North, South, East, or West .

Well, except when you guys got creamed by Sandy! But yeah, this time, Boston was the heart of it.

Can't find an official count for how much snow in my town, but news articles are saying 2 feet.

Parking ban in effect until tomorrow evening. Driving ban lifted at 4PM today, but roads are not in any kind of shape for driving! Hulky did some more driveway clearing, I helped clean up at the end to make sure the car could get in and out with room for the land lady's car.

Feeling very irritable. I think it's from the burning cold fingers I experienced multiple times a day and not enough food. And not enough planning. I really didn't think to prepare for this storm by the time I found out about it (maybe Wednesday?). I will have to go out for groceries tomorrow, if the stores are open, because we only have enough meat for tonight. I don't think I could survive off of just potatoes or just rice. Hulky was all "I don't need meat at every meal! I'll eat rice, potatoes, and broccoli." Just made me scowl.

I kind of just want to drown in my cookies, TBH.

Tired of irritable weekends!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Wow, talk about misconceptions. I thought you Yankees got snow like that every winter.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Wow, talk about misconceptions. I thought you Yankees got snow like that every winter.
    Me too. I figured it was just a matter of 'eh, snow.'
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony