Page 333 of 738 FirstFirst ... 233283323331332333334335343383433 ... LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,330 of 7379

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 333

Primal Fuel
    Why not just make... pork chops?

Garlic and rosemary with pork is divine, IMO.

I would not use frozen meat in a crocker due to potential bacterial issues, too slow to come to temp. When are you making this?

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I was going to start hours ago but work shit is dominating my time. Might be able to get Hulky to toss shit in the crock later, but at this rate, I might as well just do it on the stovetop when I'm done working. Will take a couple hours, but I doubt we'll lose power.

I wanted low effort food.

Having a hard time not flipping out over this work shit. People are being stupid and we're having some issues with NO apparent cause.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    People are being stupid and we're having some issues with NO apparent cause.
    As opposed to all the rest of the time?

There are causes found by now, usually!

I think the local kinda server admin just found the answer. But first I had to direct several people on how to use an alternate system to get their work done and they can't read directions so it made me want to pull my hair out. I was so tense, the cat stopped sitting next to me.

Taking a mental break from work things for a little. I think things will die down from here now that this issue is addressed. Working remotely on remote things is HARD. People who tested their connection from home yesterday were not able to get in today for no apparent reason. B said he fixed it, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet about the how/why and if it's okay for people to login now or not.

Hulky had to run out to do something for our internet/TV. Apparently we just signed on for an awesome deal with even FASTER internet (do we really need it? no, but friggin' awesome) and more TV channels for no more money. We don't use the cable for TV at all, really. I watched HGTV after work for a little while, but haven't used it in ages. The prices are good for 2 years and we can move the service with us if/when we move.

I left a VM with our #1 venue choice. I'm really afraid it's going to be well beyond our price range. My mom said she hasn't discussed costs with my dad yet, but she thinks they could contribute a few thousand for each wedding next year. I think that would be doable if we can keep the whole thing under $5k. If catering isn't too expensive (I should call the place in town up by my grandma's to see what they're rough costs are for, say, 80 people).

Oooo when Hulky gets back, maybe I'll veg a little more and we'll look at our guest list.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Canio- it is possible to test normal for a thyroid but still have issues. I've heard of it with hypo, but if it can go one way, I don't see why it can't go the other.

*hugs* on the cat and the food and a smack upside work's head on your behalf.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Hope you and Hulky are doing OK. Sounds bad in Boston.

The power went out for 2-3 hrs last night, but 3 outlets in the apartment were still active! I was able to play Skyrim & go online, the crock pot stayed on, and the lamp in the living room still worked. I checked the breakers and flipped a few just to see, but they were fine. Weird! Power company was pretty quick about fixing it.

The pork stew was a little bland, but good. Only enough for two servings each, so we have none left!

Our street, from the porch.

Front walk & snow mounds out front. We did not have to shovel this, fortunately.

Before diving off the porch into the driveway.

We had to clear around our car a little so it's easier to get out once the plow comes. Unfortunately, the Mustang is up on jacks and can't be moved, so there's going to be a lot of snow to shovel or go nowhere right in front of it. The drifts were as tall as the Civic before we started moving stuff.

We trekked over to Hulky's parents' house this morning & might wander to the liquor store after the plow comes by. I want some cider or something that isn't beer. Parking & driving ban still in effect. No idea how much snow we got because of the wind moving it all around, but I guess it must've been over a foot, based on the untouched areas in the backyard.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Pretty! And LTH-y! Cider does go well with snow. As does spiked hot cocoa
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Where are they going to put all that snow? Time for the melting trucks.