Page 332 of 740 FirstFirst ... 232282322330331332333334342382432 ... LastLast
Results 3,311 to 3,320 of 7394

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 332

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I like sage and rosemary with pork. Fennel I like as well, but it has a distinct flavor (licorice) that not everyone loves.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I have pork chop (with some bone, so light & dark meat), carrots, potatoes, celery, and onions. What seasoning should I use to make a tasty pork stew? I also have a red wine (screw top, fortunately, otherwise I don't think I could use it).

And can I put frozen meat in a crock pot? Would that taste okay?
    How about some thyme, rosemary, bay leaf, a crap load of gaahhhlik

frozen meat works in a crock pot, it justa little longer to cook (an hour-ish).

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    thyme, a crap load of gaahhhlik
    ah, yes, those too
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Do I put the seasoning on the meat (it wouldn't stick anyway, right?) or just dump it in the pot?

Veggies on top or bottom?

I usually work with chicken or beef and put the meat on top but for some reason I'm stressing out about this.

I hate working from home. Lots of anxiety about staying focused. I would rather be stressing about calling venues & vendors.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Do I put the seasoning on the meat (it wouldn't stick anyway, right?) or just dump it in the pot?

I usually work with chicken or beef and put the meat on top but for some reason I'm stressing out about this.

I hate working from home. Lots of anxiety about staying focused. I would rather be stressing about calling venues & vendors.
    If you put them on the meat or in the pot they are going to end up in the pot anyway when you add the liquid. I generally put everything in and season each layer a little as I go. It seems to work. As for order, I put onions on the bottom, then meat, then the other veggies. This is generally because I have a relatively small crock pot and am more worried about the meat fitting than the veg

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member

If you are going to brown the meat first (probably not optimal with a hunck of frozen flesh) you season it first, brown and plop it's succulentness in the crock pot. I usually put celery in the bottom of the pot, just to get the meat up off the bottom, add broth (beef or vegetable would be good, or bouillon cubes) water to cover, set it and forget it.... until the smell drives you crazy with hunger!

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    It's defrosting in a bowl of water right now, but I don't like the effort of browning so I rarely do. I have some chicken stock I can add for a bit more flavor, but will top off mostly with water.

Hulky just got home so I may set him to the task of veggie chopping while I eat his portion of last night's dinner & answer emails.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Ah to be working from home today... I can remember when I did that two jobs ago. My house was clean then (and not b/c I did it while "working"). I remember spreading out my stuff on the dining room table...

EUREKA! I only had one kid then and he was only 18 - 24 months old. That's why the house was still clean!

Enjoy your pork stew. I would have just cooked it pot roast style and been done with it. Never had a pork stew though. Sounds yummy. We're doing pulled pork this weekend. Might do it up carnitas style.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Interrupting the pun-fest anyway to ask for recipe advice:
    Whoa whoa whoa there lady! Who do you think you is? I don't see your name on the...oh never mind.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Love the pun-fests.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)