Page 329 of 776 FirstFirst ... 229279319327328329330331339379429 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,290 of 7757

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 329

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks for the good thoughts.

Booter's post made me laugh. I've met cats with strong personalities. My cat is a ditz. I don't think she'd be much help in an invasion.

She loooooves the Hulky men. His big bro and dad were greeted like they were old friends. I think warming up to Hulky at the apartment, with infrequent guests and no other distractions helpd her warm up to men-folk, because she didn't cuddle up with Hulky much at first. Now she sleeps on either of us practically every night (the biggest changes came after starting the raw food). Hulky's mom is freaked out by cats, so I try to keep Fae away when they are over, but she's so friendly, so it can be difficult!

Last night, if we'd had ice cream, I probably would've eaten the whole pint. I don't think that would've been a good idea for my mood or my gut. Dairy-free ice cream is just not the same. I guess I should invest in Lactaid.

I don't feel like, right now, the doctor will have any more answers for me. I'm willing to back to my own experiments. It's time for a change. I have to accept that it's going to be a pretty major investment, but keeping up on Vitamin C and Inositol has been costing quite a bit per month anyway.

Fivelac is about $50 on Amazon. I could have it within a few days. I am going to think about it a little more today, but I think that's what I'm going to do. I may also dig up the big GAPS thread here and see if someone can lend me the book.

Silver lining: My gut is playing catch-up today and 1 tsp of Vitamin C might be a little too much. At least it's changing. I just don't see how this is going to fix anything.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

People are pretty certain on that 2' of snow. The office is closing tomorrow so I'll be working from home, with calls forwarded to my cellphone. I doubt I'll be bugged much, most people go via email or Lync (Microsoft's Exchange-based chat program), so I'm not worried about minutes. I'm still on my parents' plan and we never go over.

The snow is not supposed to start until tomorrow morning. I'm excited to wake up to snow, but nervous about losing power or anything like that. I have matches now, at least . Not a lot of candles, however. Maybe I should snag some from my parents' house tonight.

I think we're going for the separate W/D. I asked the guy, if there's a clear path & the roads are okay, if we could pick-up on Sunday. I realize it's craziness, but there's no way we can get it tonight. No muscle-men available and C is being a huge flake about everything.

Hulky and I are chatting over email about wedding stuff and whatever. I've got our guest list mostly entered into this potential wed-site, and it's over 50 people and we're not done! We are discussing looking into finding a new apartment for this fall, maybe one with utilities included but it's difficult to find a 2br in this area (close to the train for his school commute), with some utilities, parking for 2 cars, and allows a cat. If we moved to make my commute more convenient (so I could walk or bike in good weather), his commute would be well over 90 minutes to get to class. Not very fair, but there are a lot of good listings close to my work. I don't know/think that we'll have enough money to pay security deposits and stuff by this Fall anyway, so we're probably stuck where we are, with our passive aggressive land lady.

I know, right? The weather is terrible for tomorrow. I mean here they're saying 54° and a 40% chance of rain for tomorrow! Total bummer!

I would definitely get matches and other things suitable for a couple days stuck in the house.

*Edit: I'm so excited, I got one of those smart phones today! Did you know that they put the WHOLE WORLD WIDE WEB ON A PHONE?! The whole thing. Crahay-zahey!
    Last edited by justyouraveragecavemen; 02-07-2013 at 12:34 PM.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I though the forecast was "Partly cloudy... mid-70's to 80 all week."

Edit- snag lotsa candles.
    *candlesAREromantic*
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    did you ever get those thyroid tests done? I'd guess you're slightly hyperthyroid by symptoms you exhibit. ???? Sorry - I work for an Endocrinologist ---- I'm an arm-chair doctor!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Haha, it's okay, so am I now that I've been on these forums for so long . I did get my thyroid tested! And it cost me over $100! But anyway, it's all totally healthy. Even I had no issues with the numbers whatsoever.

I'm a little tempted to try treating myself for hyperthyroid just to see what happens, but I think I'll try Threelac or Fivelac first. Fivelac is only $5 more for 60 packs (which at a regular dose would last me 2 months, but will probably be 1 month or less for the first month), so it seems like a better deal. I can't buy it until after I get paid again though. Money I have left has to be preserved for groceries for the next 2 weeks.

I'm going to make dairy/gluten-free scones tomorrow. I picked up an orange when I got candles at my parents' house tonight so I"ll put a little zest in them . Wish I had chocolate chips too!

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I'm a little tempted to try treating myself for hyperthyroid just to see what happens
    Um, why? Why treat yourself when your thyroid is fine? Why mess with what is not broken?

I don't know, because my gut is so damn broken! Still feeling a bit desperate, I guess.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I don't know, because my gut is so damn broken! Still feeling a bit desperate, I guess.
    Yeah, I can understand that. Does the thyroid affect the gut? (sorry, I have no idea). I know it can mess with weight loss/gain, but I was unaware it dealt with gut function in general. Learn something new every day.

Really anything could affect the gut. A lot of the symptoms for thyroid issues (hyper or hypo) could be presented as IBS (either constipation OR the opposite). Usually diarrhea is more common, I think.

I just remember I have an emergency savings fund in an account in Maine. I've used it only once or twice. One of my HH series bonds feeds into it with two interest payments per year. I hope not to touch it until/unless we need it for wedding things.