Page 325 of 761 FirstFirst ... 225275315323324325326327335375425 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,250 of 7605

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 325

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Shop Now
    I signed up on offbeatbride.com and made a post about "omg where do i even start?!?!?!" and already got some really nice responses. What a great community! Looking forward to reading around those forums over the next 17 months or so. We also got some details about the second-choice venue that we've found. They provide the space, tables, chairs, dance floor, and you can rent the kitchen for an additional $50. The whole thing is pretty cheap, but then we'd need to figure out catering, linens (probably), sound system, decorations (well, that's a given anywhere, I'm sure), and booze. Not clear at this point if it's cheaper to get a package from a venue or do it all separately at a cheaper venue. I'm sure it depends on the location.

Still waiting to hear from Hulky's bro-in-law about truck borrowing so we can get a washer & dryer this weekend. There are actually two sets for sale right now, one for $50 (stacking) and one for $100 (separate, which I'd prefer), but I can't confirm on either until I know we have a way to move them!

Last night, I had a couple of chicken sausages, a sweet potato, and most of a coconut milk hot chocolate (1/2 a can of full fat CM, 1 T carob powder, 1.5 T cocoa powder, 1 T maple syrup). The cinnamon on top is what really made it for me. I felt kind of sick before eating, worse after the hot chocolate. I picked up a few groceries for Hulky to make his lunches. I'll have to go out again tonight for eggs & soup veg (celery, carrots, mushrooms). Tonight is also laundry night, over at his parents' house. We can usually get everything done in two loads, and we often use the downstairs neighbor's machines since they are VERY infrequently used. That means laundry should be done in 3 trips, about 3 hours (deposit, move, pick-up). Oh, how I long for the day when I can do all that in our basement, whenever I feel like it!

My toes are almost all better. Still a bit red on that one that has been taking the longest to heal. At lunch, I will take my last antibiotic. My GI problems got a little better after starting the antibiotics, then a little worse after eating some sugary stuff, and has not improved yet. I think I'll call my doctor this week to see if my SIBO test results are back.

I have been having a hard time getting to sleep for at least a few nights now. I'm starting to feel like I'm back on my old cortisol schedule, which I experienced pre-primal for most of my life, and for 6-9 months after starting this WoE. In the past, not sticking to a regular sleep schedule was the main issue. Now, I'm in bed by 10PM and usually sleep just fine until 6:30AM, but not lately. I think it's just the stress from work and excitement from engagement. I had to take 200mg of 5-HTP to get to sleep last night, instead of 150. I forget when I changed the dose, just kind of messing around as I feel like it.

No Tyrosine today. Got all my other supps this morning (iodine, C, D, Inositol, Vitex, B-complex) w/ breakfast, which was eggs & sausage. I'm taking a few days off from the multi because I noticed it has grass extracts in it and I am allergic to grass. Might not be a big deal, but I thought I'd see if there's a difference in sneezing or congestion during the day. I remember to use the neti pot yesterday and today. Love having a clear nose! I forgot to bring tea to work though . I think I'll have some Lipton later.

The heartburn came back around the time that I started with the antibiotics. Could be related. Could be from stress. Not sure if it's bad to mix HCL with antibiotics, so I haven't been.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I have always loved fantasy/fairy tale themes. It's one of my most girly aspects, haha. Watching Once Upon a time lately (a fun show, though it doesn't say much about the advancement of women's roles/feminism unfortunately) has been putting this idea of a subtle fantasy/fairy tale theme in my mind for the wedding. Being that it will be late spring/early summer, it'll be easy to use bright colors and use the nature around us as inspiration for decor. Maybe some hints of sparkle, little castles, or toad stools could be interjected here and there. Hulky's mom suggested decorating candles for favors, which would be a fairly easy and affordable DIY project, I think. I'm just not good at envisioning that kind of thing without some visual inspiration or guidance. Not sure Hulky will go for this as a theme, but I'm thinking of it more as an inspiration, nothing overt. I don't think he'd say no to wearing a Hulk t-shirt under his clothes or something like that .

I want to say something else, but now I've forgotten! Busy day.

I think I need to start being serious about what my body needs to recover from this GI stuff.

-If it's bacterial overgrowth, I will need both antibiotics & probiotics. The probiotics will have to be in some transportable form so I could intake that between doses of antibiotics. The powdered formula that my doctor had me use before would not be good for this.
    -If it's...undergrowth?, I need to start getting probiotics in anyway. I should do that now.

Dairy is out. I think I have to buck up and try sauerkraut. ...What do I eat it with? I'm scared! Maybe I should get those kefir grains and try making coconut milk kefir. Maybe I should just try it with dairy and see if the probiotics are effective enough to prevent issues with the dairy/casein. Maybe it's not worth it, I don't know.

I wish there was a definitive guide for this, but as it is in all things, I have to figure it out myself.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I think I need to start being serious about what my body needs to recover from this GI stuff.

-If it's bacterial overgrowth, I will need both antibiotics & probiotics. The probiotics will have to be in some transportable form so I could intake that between doses of antibiotics. The powdered formula that my doctor had me use before would not be good for this.
    -If it's...undergrowth?, I need to start getting probiotics in anyway. I should do that now.

Dairy is out. I think I have to buck up and try sauerkraut. ...What do I eat it with? I'm scared! Maybe I should get those kefir grains and try making coconut milk kefir. Maybe I should just try it with dairy and see if the probiotics are effective enough to prevent issues with the dairy/casein. Maybe it's not worth it, I don't know.

I wish there was a definitive guide for this, but as it is in all things, I have to figure it out myself.
    I eat sauerkraut straight up. Love it. Nuke it a bit to give it some warmth and chow down! Otherwise it's great on brats... I've seen people eat it with pork chops too. I used to eat about a 1/4 cup each morning with eggs and sausage (as a side dish, mind you). I think you'd be better off making your own, or at least seeking out unpasteurized. Most of the stuff you buy in the stores is pasteurized. Maybe TJ's or WF's would have this??
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Cori's right about wrapping it to flatter the boobs you have. And, with different boobs, you and your sister would be wearing "different" dresses that just happen to be the same color

Thanks for the links- it actually looks like a super-forgiving kind of dress for a changing shape, so it might be something to look into for myself.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Sauerkraut making looks like a huge pain, but I guess I could make a lot at a time. Would require some instrument gathering (bucket, large grater...guess that's it). I know I was just as freaked out at the prospect of making yogurt & applesauce, and those were both amazing. To start with, I just want to try some. I seriously want bratwursts now. I wonder if I can find some decent sauerkrat and brats at WF.

I miss yogurt.

I fiddled with my Vitamin C dose this morning. 1.5t is too much. I guess I'll stick with 1 for now, though that didn't seem enough. Maybe I'm as sensitive as needing the precise measurement of 1.25t? I took 200mg of 5-HTP last night, woke up a few times for no apparent reason (fell asleep quickly), and had a hell of a time getting up this AM, so I'll drop back to 150. Hulky had slept in the other room to ensure that we both slept well enough, but came in to snuggle for 30 min after my alarm woke him up (I let it ring for a few minutes, just could not drag myself out of bed). When I finally got up, I nibbled at some sausage, had a small bowl of chicken broth, and took my AM supplements (except for B complex, which I'll have at lunch). I brought some KE tea to work, will have some soon. So sleepy today, but not groggy at least. That's a change from recent behavior.

Hulky wants to wear a secret Incredible Hulk t-shirt under his tux. He said his best man will wear a Captain America shirt. They are each better suited to the other superhero, but prefer the one they'd be wearing, so they will probably have alternate cufflinks (Cap'n Murica on Hulky, Hulk cufflinks on Petey). Subtle nerdery FTW (which now means "for the wedding!").

My subtle nerdery will probably be more fantasy inspired. Dunno what. It'll probably just be in my jewelry, hair decoration, or as an inspiration for my clothes.

We are still hoping to pick up a washer/dryer this weekend, we have two sets lined up, but we're stuck waiting to see if they'll fit in C's mid-90s Jeep Grand Cherokee (waiting on dimensions from the sellers) and we're supposed to get a huge storm on Friday. We'd have to do some serious shoveling to make a path to the basement's outside door and hopefully the people we're buying them from would do the same. Sigh. We'll just have to see.

I don't think I ate much last night. I can't remember now. I know I had a sweet potato and some chai. I tried whisking butter into it. While the butter smelled amazing, it didn't taste very good with the chai. I think it will be better with the KE tea. I hope to try that tonight.

I've done some kraut in the past, no big deal. Check out yard sales and such for people parting ways with large earthenware crocks. New ones are $$$, but if you can't find an earthenware crock you can use large wide-mouth jars or other food-safe containers. I put juniper berries in mine for some extra flavor, and Mrs. FW likes the German-style use of caraway seeds.

Usually do kraut in the fall when the farmer's market has cabbages the size of basketballs for $1. Slice 'em, throw 'em in salty water, toss in spices if you want, doesn't take long to make. Homemade kraut with any pork FTW (wedding, win, your choice), especially nice fatty sausages and pork butt/shoulder. I just got a meat grinder for Christmas and can;t wait to try out making charcuterie. Unfortunately, my efforts are going towards the church Easter egg sale, which is basically so anti-Primal I feel like telling people DO NOT EAT THESE... EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE DELICIOUS!

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Hulky wants to wear a secret Incredible Hulk t-shirt under his tux. He said his best man will wear a Captain America shirt.
    Can't you just see these two handsome guys with tux shirts thrown wide open to reveal their true characters? What an amazing wedding photo!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

We didn't have any tom foolery at our wedding. At my brother's first wedding all the groomsmen gave him a condom when we walked down the aisle and shook hands with him. There were like 10 groomsmen or something. It was a huge wedding/waste of money. So he had a pocket full of condoms through the ceremony. I've heard of people giving the groom golf balls as well. Anything to make them uncomfortable.
    I heard of a guy that wrote SAVE on the bottom of one shoe and ME on the other. When they took Communion knelt at the altar with their backs to everyone you could read his message.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Most of the photos of Geek at our wedding were of him in sunglasses and suit (green shirt) and looking every bit the James Bond hunk I see him as.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome