Page 323 of 751 FirstFirst ... 223273313321322323324325333373423 ... LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,230 of 7501

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 323

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Shop Now
    Co-worker brought in home-smoked brisket & ribs. They were injected with a growler of some kind of IPA, apparently. Brisket is tasty, haven't gotten to the ribs yet. If there's more left over mid-afternoon, I'll make that my lunch too! Protein day!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Glad the coworker came through!

Brad and I bank at a credit union. Fewer fees - but those fees you do get hit with occasionally are higher (like overdraft fees). Higher interest rate too - to include interest earned on our checking account. Our average balance is always too small to benefit us though.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Co-worker brought in home-smoked brisket & ribs. They were injected with a growler of some kind of IPA, apparently. Brisket is tasty, haven't gotten to the ribs yet. If there's more left over mid-afternoon, I'll make that my lunch too! Protein day!
    That sounds freaking divine.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

The ribs were great too. So tender. I think I'll go steal a plate of more food before anymore goes. I'm not hungry for lunch yet, but I imagine I will be.

I want this venue to get back to me naaaooooo. I am afraid it's going to be ridiculously expensive. I have absolutely no idea how much Hulky and I will be able to afford.

It's kind of crazy how money breaks down. If I look at my essential expenses for the year, it seems like I should be able to save so much more than I do. Where does it all go?

It goes mostly to non-essential things that are necessary for a normal life. No one can really live on red beans and rice. The trick is controlling how much is necessary for a normal life or adjusting what you think is normal.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Even after tracking every dollar for a year (I'm so glad I stopped doing that, it just stressed me out more), I still feel like I don't know where it goes. Little things add up and I don't find it reasonable/sensible to live without a lot of those little things.

And cost of living is high around here, I have to remember that.

My sister and I are going to be each other's maid of honor. I felt so uncomfortable with it before it came up, but now I'm excited. I think it will be somewhat convenient that we are both planning a wedding and we know they will be rather different. No one needs to feel jealous or entitled (though I'm sure that'll still come up here and there). As long as I can approach the situation this way, I think we'll manage. The only thing I really want from her is to help keep the questions off of me as much as possible on the day of, hold my bouquet during the ceremony (talking to Hulky's mom, realized I would need something to keep my hands busy during the approach), and NOT GIVE A SPEECH. Well, I will tell her I don't expect her to and it's not required. I know the best man will and I'm looking forward to that (will either include grandiose lies about their Army shenanigans or true tales that should make everyone laugh).

My sister reminded me that I have some gold rings I never wear. I feel a little weird about selling them because they were gifts from family, but I don't like wearing gold. I'll think about it and see if I can get quotes. I don't know the karats of the rings anyway.

Good news everyone! If we can get a truck & muscles (H's bro-in-law, or brother, or C), we might be getting a washer & dryer this weekend! So excited! They'll be old, but as long as they work, IDGAF.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I'm enjoying your day to day thoughts and updates on wedding plans What fun! Remember to enjoy the process as you go and don't let anything stress you out! This is all about and for the 2 of you!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post

My sister and I are going to be each other's maid of honor.
    Any chance you and your sister are close to the same size?

You could get one dress for the bridesmaid duties and share it, cutting down on the cost. I have a few I could probably sell. One is strapless (lavendar/greyish) and one is halter (burgundy). Both size 12 and could be taken in. OH, and a strapless navy that was altered to fit my 6 month prego belly, but could be altered back (I believe this was a size 16, but had fabric added to it to expand the belly)... All three floor length and satin. If you want to see pics, let me know. I'll sell them cheap.

No, she's smaller than I am, have different body types. She's at most 1" shorter than me (I'm 5'6"), but has narrower shoulders, bigger bust, but all around smaller everywhere else. I think she wears a 4, but maybe 2? I am very comfortable in a 6.

I will probably suggest to her using an infinity dress. I like the look of them. Actually, depending on color schemes (being summer time, you really have a great range of bright options!), we probably could share a dress since they're usually universally sized. They're fairly cheap depending on where you get them too.

Here's what I'm talking about: Gray Knee Length Infinity Dress Convertible Dress by WomenLand

Actually, I could probably make one, if the fabric (jersey) isn't too expensive. We'd need at least a few yards to incorporate the skirt and the strap parts (maybe more like 5+ yards), but there's minimal sewing required for jersey.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 02-04-2013 at 10:54 AM.

what a great dress!!