Page 321 of 798 FirstFirst ... 221271311319320321322323331371421 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,210 of 7978

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 321

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Alt + 130
    Or copy and paste from NW!

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I vote to call him Hulky (or Hunky) in your journal. Rolls off the tongue a little easier plus shows positive strokes for the guy you love.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Hulky it is!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Hulkyť
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Mark's post today was relevant to a lot of the discussions I've read around here. I've gone through my own periods of feeling entitled to sabotage. At some point, I realized it wasn't worth it, and I have been able to indulge sensibly and mindfully, with little to no guilt, for the past couple of months. It's still a struggle, old habits die hard, but I think I'm pretty reasonable about indulgences now, except for the fact that I SHOULD be 100% paleo to help my gut as much as possible.

The weird thing is, I never had these food-guilt problems before going primal. Before then, I just ate whatever I wanted with no remorse. I was thin and didn't seem to gain weight until after I got out of college. With that much freedom, I ate whatever I wanted because I could buy it, most of my income was disposable, and we ordered out a LOT. It's not surprising that I gained 15 lbs and felt awful. In the end, just stopping that behavior (ordering out all the time) wasn't enough, and I felt so anxious about my body and resolving the weight gain and mental issues that I sabotaged fairly frequently because it was "too hard" to stick to it every day, or for extended periods of time.

Blog updated.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I'm with everyone else. Get married before her. Do spring or this fall. No joint wedding or engagement party or bridal showers. You each deserve your own.

I didn't like my sister's husband either b/c he cheated on a girlfriend with my sister. (And tried to cheat on said girlfriend with me - I ratted him out to girlfriend's brother when he did it... Seriously, dude! I'm friends with your girlfriend! You don't think I'll rat you out?!) Anyhow, I didn't like him, and I was sister's biggest cheerleader when she decided to divorce him. As maid of honor I had to give a speech at the reception. I congratulated them and told him I'd "learn to love him" with a laugh to make it seem like a joke. That marriage was doomed from the start - he was manipulative, conniving (sp??) and sleazy. A douchecanoe by definition.

Here's my wedding horror story... my sister's first child was due on my wedding day... yep. She ended up having him 4 days prior to my wedding. At one point she even dropped out as Matron of Honor b/c she felt I was being unfairly mean to her. She's a major drama queen - says she's not, but she really does live for drama. It really hurt my feelings that she dropped out, but later we made up and she rejoined the ranks as matron of honor even though at that point I didn't think she deserved the role. So, add to the stress of planning a wedding, your sister having her first child in the same week - possibly on the same day... Oy! It's no wonder I ended up on antidepressants for anxiety during that time (and stayed there).

Edited to add: at the start of the wedding, it really was only about me and Brad. Everyone else was there, but I didn't notice them. I was fixated on him and giggling like a school girl with a crush! lol
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 01-31-2013 at 01:57 PM.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

My sister cheated on her last bf with this dude. So... I've harbored some ill will over that. Not that I liked her ex all that much either (being with him stagnated her, she was getting absolutely nowhere in her job/life goals or mental health). But again, I should not judge. I do not know what she felt like in her last relationship. I wasn't in it. I just believe it was not the best way to go about things.

Douche-canoe! hahahahah love it.

People are entitled to be judgmental, right? I just believe that we should be respectful about where we share those feelings (Hulky is more of the mind that bad behavior should be beaten out, he has some strange views about respect). My sister is one who doesn't really filter and pisses me and Hulky off. A lot of my childhood hurts come back when she says something cruel and off-handed.

My sister better not got pregnant anytime soon O.O. Dear whatever, she has only just started to get her life together (moved out from parents' house maybe 6 months ago, for the first time since she went away to college, but dropped out before finishing her 5th semester).

I'm awfully hard on her, aren't I? Ah well, that's sister, I suppose. Defensive, overly-judgmental, sick of, and love to death.

[edit] But on a good note, she and I texted a bit about wedding things today. It was all positive and made me happy. She is telling our parents this weekend because they don't want to wait until the 10th (or steal the spotlight from our parents' wedding anniversary, which is very nice of her!). I'd kind of like to drop by and see her, and chat with my family about all this stuff, but I don't think now is the right time for planning. I will focus on what Hulky and I want for this weekend.

Speaking of, he and I need to discuss Valentine's Day plans.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Love reading Hulky on these pages!!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    That reminds me, I want to find a good Incredible Hulk t-shirt for him. He has a pint glass (that I bought him), but that is not enough!