Page 318 of 797 FirstFirst ... 218268308316317318319320328368418 ... LastLast
Results 3,171 to 3,180 of 7970

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 318

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    My idea of cheap is under $3k, I think. Not sure how much we could expect to pay for catering, if we did that, or transport, maybe a speaker or two, and a tent or two.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Have the wedding at the swamp or you're a wuss.

Just kidding. Cool property.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

fall 2011 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    There's the house! Princess Hill is to the right. It's not very steep. The right side of the garage has an old tractor in it. If I get my dad to help me put new tires on it (ancient and cracked) and get it running, I thought it'd be fun to move it somewhere for photo ops.

I thought we'd use this year to scope out the seasons and see what is most comfortable. But it's going to be hard to wait. I am still keeping my fingers crossed to get up there in February.

BTW, the swamp used to have a beaver dam & hut. We think the neighbors (house is now being sold by the bank, at the top of the photo, needs a LOT of work) killed them at some point. In the winter, we'd walk on the frozen swamp and check out the hut/dam progress. Not enough pictures of those adventures, but plenty of memories.

Looks pretty. Friends of ours got married a couple of years ago at Peak's Island in Casco Bay, and it was about the best wedding ever. Just gorgeous, made me want to move to Maine. Loved Portland, lots of great eats. But money was no concern (she = doc, he = lawyer). Still, lots of artsy types in both families, and one nice touch was that all the flowers at the reception were in small old vases that looked to have been scavenged from anywhere, and put wildflowers in the vases. That was a nice touch.

Love the idea of a pig roast. Sides could be added cheaply.

Whatever you do, I'm sure it will be fun and stylish!

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Wow. What a property! We got married in the backyard of my childhood home but it was not cheap! The tent we rented for like 100 people was $3k alone. We used a great caterer for a BBQ and drinks for $5k. The rest was, well I don't remember, but I know we spent about $20k and paid for it ourselves ( we were rich engineers at the time). I always encourage people to spend as little as possible though because the biggest thing most people probably remember about our wedding was that it rained like crazy and the mud was literally sucking people's shoes off as they walked through the tent.

One thing people really liked about our wedding is that the bar was open before we started so people could enjoy their drinks waiting for the circus to start ( if you knew my family, you would understand). My experience was that even after all that planning, the event will take on a life of it's own as things get misplaced or done differently than planned. No one else will know so just enjoy yourself!

We vacationed on Peak's Island one year that we couldn't get a beach house at Popham Beach (they were filming Message in a Bottle there that summer). Really fun place. My dad, sister and I had a blast biking around that island. And no one can deny the fun that is ferry-travel! It was big enough that no one suffered from sea-sickness, though I am prone to that.

My friend was all "What's your theme?!?!" And I was all, "You know me. Ef themes." If we decorate shizz (tables and the porch or whatever), it'll be whatever we can get in town close to the wedding, nothing really planned, unless we make dorky things. Doctor Who, LotR, wizardry nonsense, that kind of thing.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I say to get married next to the pond!!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

earth and living: iron age shoes: a tutorial, sort of
    I want to make these. They're called ghillie shoes by some sites. I just love the overlapping panels on the toes. Maybe I can cut up some thrift store leather/pleather coat/skirt/pants to make a test version. Don't want to waste real leather on a messed up pair!

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    those shoes are neat.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Fiancé and I are completely doomed.

Our text message convos lately have been as follows:
    Him: FIANCE
    Me: FIANCE!
    Him: Love you. Fiance.
    Me: Love you too. FIANCE.

We are doing the same thing at home too.
    "Hey...FIANCÉ."
    "Oh hey, FIANCÉ!"
    "I love you, fiancé!"
    "...Fiancé!"

Now I need to teach him that when referring to me, it's fiancée.