Page 316 of 798 FirstFirst ... 216266306314315316317318326366416 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,160 of 7978

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 316

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    In our house, it's quite simple: if you're drinking, drunk isn't allowed. If you get drunk, you're deposited in the backyard, as is, without keys, until you're sober enough to be allowed inside.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Waiting for us is really just about the timing and the money. I could figure out the plans for a wedding within even a few months, if needed, though that would make it difficult for the # of guests we're thinking of (and that everyone would have to travel, at least 3 hrs driving, if not flying AND driving). If we went with a smaller # of guests, we probably wouldn't even bother with tents and BBQ stuff, just go out to eat somewhere. Even cheaper/easier. I am impatient and already worrying that I will have a hard time waiting 18 mos or more for this to happen. Hoping to talk about it all more in detail with FiancÚ this weekend.

I think it's cool when people can figure out what they want that easily, but my anxiety gets in the way.

Drunkenness is welcome in our house, because we are willing to provide a place for people to crash, but we've never had to deal much with messes like this before. FiancÚ has never done this, and neither has anyone else who has been stupid enough to get sick from booze. I think it's possible to be a responsible drunk, and C was not. I think I felt especially inclined to clean it all up because I am very used to having to clean everything now. It is too difficult and impractical for FiancÚ to be on his feet doing these kinds of things, so I take it upon myself to do it all without question. It's easier that way, for me to not think about it.

Well her fiance is making some good money at his job, that's a big help.
    Plus I'm fairly positive they're saving themselves for marriage which means they probably would be OK going to the courthouse today, like right now this instant.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

canio6 Guest
    Understood. A drunk friend needing a place to crash is one thing, come over to my house - get drunk - wake me up - keep me up - puke all over the bathroom is another. Of course, I am getting old and stodgy (I blame the gray hairs)

One thing many of my friends have been doing lately is web weddings - they get married with a few guests ie. cheap and easy and then broadcast it on the web. This helps them keep costs low and planning simple and lets those of us 2000 miles a way still 'attend' or watch it at our leisure.

yeahh...but this is more about the gathering than the ceremony. Plus, it would be difficult to set up reception at my grandmother's house. She has a digital antennae set up for TV service, but doesn't pay for cable/satellite or have internet. Just the phone line!

We've been living together in the apartment for over a year now, were living together at his parents' house for 8-9 months before that. I guess that makes it almost 2 years. So... not really worried about living in sin or waiting for sex and things like that .

FiancÚ was keeping me up last night too. They were both being idiots. There was no reasoning with him at the time, so I'm just going to have to make the situation clear to him now. I don't think it will happen again. I am one of those people who is perfectly willing to be responsible for drunken friends, to make sure they are safe, to make sure they get to the bathroom okay and have a monitor, if needed. I think FiancÚ is a little more "eh, they can do it themselves." I just worry more.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I just worry more.
    This is probably why you are a better person than I am

Going to make some Tazo Calm in a minute.

Supremely frustrated by miscommunications in the office network stuff. I feel like it makes me look bad because I am the one communicating all these changes to the users. They are not going to know/care that no one took the chance to clarify the situation in the MULTITUDE of draft emails I sent to get our notifications down pat before sending it out to the office. I feel like it should have been clear to the other people I was working with that I didn't understand, since THEY all seemed to understand. I wouldn't have fucking told the office that the VPN was ready if someone had told me it wasn't! Why the hell did they let me go ahead with that?!

Not in a good place to deal with this shit today. No patience for, "This shit ain't working," "You really need to reboot," "What if I do this convoluted thing instead," "You're probably still going to reboot," "Fine, I'll reboot, it's just such a hassle." IDGAF! It's a computer! Restart the damn thing!

I should not be speaking to people today. Too many more hours to get through before I can go wallow at home.

[*In best Ron Swanson voice*]: I don't cotton much to giddy little giggly drunks. Especially the ones who lose their Girl Scout cookies.

Seriously, that was rude. And just for the record, I tend to be a mellow and philosophical drunk.

When I'm not in the party mood, those are my favorite kind.

Sometimes, FiancÚ is entirely too energetic for his own good.

On the plus side of stuff, his pecs look amazing from his crutching (I will be sad when they start to diminish), and he has noticed that he has digestive issues (mostly bloating & gas) when he eats either wheat or dairy. He hasn't figured out which is the problem yet. I don't know if he'll make an effort to avoid either, but it makes me feel like my talk about effects of food on my body actually gets through to him sometimes.

So, that's my un-related silver lining of the day. And my ring is gorgeous and I'm starting to get used to wearing it.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    IF I get drunk (it's happened three times in my life), I get giggly, everything's about sex or yo mama, and I tend to fall asleep. When I'm lightly toasted or buzzed, I'm at my most condensed: a philosophical, go lucky engineer. I try not to linger too long at toasted/ minorly drunk, as that's when my mind finds the dark little corners I haven't sealed up yet.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome