Page 315 of 797 FirstFirst ... 215265305313314315316317325365415 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,150 of 7965

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 315

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on the engagement

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Thanks ladies!

Fae: Since she is largely getting thigh meat and the backs/necks, I think she'll be okay. I'll start mixing up different meats the next time I go grocery shopping, and pick up stuff just for her. I'll probably get some bone-in pieces because those are cheaper and I can use the bones for broth. I read that game hens are great for raw-fed cats because the bones are so small and pliable, so when we get more into raw-bone territory, that will be on my shopping list too. She's about 10 years old this year. I got her when she was ~1.5, in 2004.

Last night: I alsmost don't want to talk about it, but I'm so exhausted and frustrated, I think it's the only way I'm going to be able to function today. Our friend, C (the one FiancÚ and I met through) came over last night for drinks with FiancÚ. I had planned on going to bed, but got woken up by them after an hour or two (I was in bed around 10). They busted into the room where I was sleeping, drunk, messing around. I didn't really sleep again after that because they were so loud, no matter how many doors I closed. I should have tried the ear plugs. I switched beds at one point because the computer room doesn't get the noise directly from the living room. I was more comfortable in that bed, but still couldn't sleep. They came in and bugged me some more, to use the computer. I decided to stay up at that point, but was seriously grumpy from lack of sleep. Things finally settled down sometime after 2:30 AM, not sure when exactly. I woke up several times after that.

I think I have not had the chance to really impress upon FiancÚ how stressful work has been lately, and how important it is that I get adequate sleep right now. Things are going to lighten up next week, but it's still nutty here and I've been having a hard time keeping my cool even without sleep disruptions. I told him this morning that we needed to talk about what happened last night, with them keeping me up and barging in on me while I was trying to sleep. FiancÚ used to be a bit more considerate about keeping the noise level down, doors closed, and not ENTERING THE ROOM WHERE I WAS SLEEPING when he's had friends over to drink on weeknights in the past. I think it's been a while and he just wasn't thinking.

GROSS ALERT (vomit): I had to clean up C's vomit from all over the bathroom this morning. I heard him puking last night, after FiancÚ got him to leave our room (he had settled in under a blanket on the floor by the foot of our bed), and it sounded pretty bad. It was EVERYWHERE. Floor, all over the toilet (except the tank cover), side of the tub, shower curtain (but fortunately not inside the tub or shower curtain), sink... Yeah, I could have left it, but I also wanted to pee and brush my teeth, so I cleaned it all up pretty well with some bleach spray, drying out my hands significantly in the process (adding dishwashing gloves to grocery list). I have an odd gag reflex. It kicks in when I have to clean wet things up off the floor. No idea why, but it's always been that way! So...this morning was rough. Cleaning up a friend's vomit because I could not trust him to be sober enough to do it later and I needed to use the bathroom did NOT help my mood. And I have never had OCD tendencies before, but I felt so disgusted that I didn't want to use the neti pot (it was in there) and I feel like I need to clean the whole bathroom tonight.

I don't feel like writing about anything else right now. Food last night was nibbling, again, and choking on some delicious, salty chicken broth. I didn't have breakfast this morning. I didn't take my Vitamin D.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 01-30-2013 at 06:52 AM.

canio6 Guest
    Gheesh, what a crappy way to spend the night/morning. At least by comparison the rest of the day should be an improvement.

True. I don't think work will seem nearly as stressful now, though I'm sure I'll still be grumpy and stressed out. Would rather be home, sleeping and cuddling!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Cookie monster's friend should have had to clean that up. I would have brushed my teeth in the kitchen and left it for them.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Probably. I am not good at leaving stuff like that. It irritates me too much to know that it is there.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    True. I don't think work will seem nearly as stressful now, though I'm sure I'll still be grumpy and stressed out. Would rather be home, sleeping and cuddling!

I can relate to that.

Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    Cookie monster's friend should have had to clean that up. I would have brushed my teeth in the kitchen and left it for them.
    Agreed. I have a simple rule in my house - alcohol is welcome, drunkeness is not.

On a lighter note, my younger cousin got engaged about 1.5-2 weeks ago. They've been dating for a couple years and had thoroughly talked about it, she was just waiting on him to do the dang thing.
    She immediately picked a date in May of this year, has the dress, location, food, photographer all picked out.
    Disclaimer: she had already decided that the wedding would be in her parents front yard and our cousins would BBQ. Reception is at her parent's pool in the backyard. She is a photographer so it's not like she doesn't know one.
    That's still fast though.

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Agreed. I have a simple rule in my house - alcohol is welcome, drunkeness is not.
    Good rule.

canio6 Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    That's still fast though.
    True, but if everything is in place why f*ck around? I can see waiting X amount of time to save money, find a location, search for cheaper catering etc but if all that is handled - get hitched already. Of course, I am impatient.