Page 313 of 776 FirstFirst ... 213263303311312313314315323363413 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,130 of 7759

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 313

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    Yeah, I'm worried about a yeast flare-up. Should've said something. But if my issue is bacterial overgrowth (for the constipation), maybe it would help?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

bamabelle is offline Senior Member
    I have had a lot of nose bleeds and this winter I ended up at the ENT. Fold me for dry nasal passages, in between neti pot usage, use nasal saline mist several times per day. It has made a world of difference. Plus I got a humidifyer, which hopefully helps, but I don't notice as much of a difference as with the nasal mist.

Good luck with the tootsies!

Amanda

bamabelle is offline Senior Member
    ***Told

I definitely need a humidifier. I've left water out overnight before and it vanishes! I don't know that water left near the radiators would be enough, given how dry it gets around here in the cold. Just being stubborn about the expense, since I can manage, and there are a lot of other things that require my money right now.

First thing Liz said when I exclaimed to her, "Where do you even start in planning a wedding?!" was "Set the budget, find a venue, set a date, pick a theme." Haaahh. We are totally on our own for this. Budget is mostly up to what my parents can contribute (I really can't predict how much money we'll be able to save in 18 mos), can't set a date until we know the budget (how many people we can afford to invite), our venue is my grandma's property (which doesn't allow for a back-up plan in case of rain), and we are definitely not doing a theme, unless friends, family, booze, and love are themes.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    unless friends, family, booze, and love are themes.
    Actually, that is my favorite theme.

Edit to add actual stuff...

Is there a chance your parents can give you a clue how much they can chip in? Also, do you have a plan on how much you can set aside? This will give you a base budget. Then subtract what you have to have - a venue, presumably food of some kind, some kind of clothes to wear, etc. What is left allows you to get the things you want.

I'd suggest saving money on the following (ie. don't spend a lot) -

1. flowers. They die and frankly no one remembers them. The one exception to this is perhaps the bride's bouquet. For flower girl(s) if you have one, try to see if you can get discarded petals from florists - ones they would throw away. You are just throwing them on the floor anyway.

2. The dress - sure you want to look nice. That said you can look nice without spending $800. Do you need lace, ruffles, and frills? Chances are if you said yes you will end up looking like Honey Boo Boo or someone going to their Quincenera. Perhaps a thrift store for a kick ass vintage gown or Craig's list.

3. The booze - open bar? Not if your friends drink like mine. F' that noise.

4. Food - if you have any culinary schools in the area you may want to check with them. Our community college has a culinary club. We cater weddings and such at far lower rates (and often better food) than caterers in the area.

Anyway, just some ideas. With all that goes into planning a wedding, worrying about being broke afterwards sucks.
    Last edited by canio6; 01-29-2013 at 04:01 PM.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I hate to tell you this... but you are getting a themed ring bearers pillow/box.

Love is the theme. Sort of. Yes.

I demand that you honor my gift!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Love is a great theme for a wedding. It makes the world go round and everyone's heart swoon. Friends, family and booze are just added bonuses.

Since I'm planning a vow renewal, I've been looking at bridal dresses and not wedding gowns. I don't like the traditional frilly meringue looks that you see now. If you look on Nordstrom's website, they have some nice shorter dresses that are on average between $150-$350. Worth looking into if you want to go that way as well.
    Georgette

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I rented my dress... I don't regret that at all.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

I don't want to go into debt over this. If it gets too stressful, we're eloping and we'll have a party later!

Flowers are whatever anyway. If we do this at my grandma's property, it's going to be all about being outside in nice weather (hopefully) and running around, chatting, drinking, eating, whatever. We're not having a wedding party and I don't want a bouquet. Screw decorating. It's nature. And it'll probably be September, so LEAVES . If Fiancé's little niece and nephews want to be involved, they can toss leaves and run around to let people know when it's time to gather for the ceremony. Leaf-children, instead of flower girl/ring bearer.

A friend's mom has already offered to buy us some cases of champagne! She was all, you do NOT have to invite us, but I totally would, esp. since we want to invite my other friends' parents. I think we'd probably just estimate booze and have a tub of ice with beers and stuff. And some lemonade, and a water station. Mmmm...fresh well water. We'd enlist friends to keep an eye on supplies, most likely, instead of having any kind of orchestrator/planner.

There's a friend I haven't seen in years... He's very hard to keep in touch with. I was very close with him and another friend (that is DEFINITELY getting invited, went to his wedding in '11) in high school. I'm on the fence about inviting him. Fiancé isn't enthused, I think he feels protective because I felt hurt about this friend not keeping in touch, but I think it'd be fun to have him and he would have a good time. Plenty of time to figure that out, anyway. A wedding would be a great time to reconnect. He wasn't able to come to our friend's wedding in '11, he was travelling in a circus troupe in Japan!

My parents are going to talk about their financial contribution. My mom said they will probably either contribute via a check to spend wherever needed, or they'll pay for some specific portions. I can't really guess what to expect from them, but my mom wants us to come up with some ideas of what we want and a rough date before they come up with an amount. I don't feel like I can do that without a ballpark range, at least. I mean, a smaller wedding would be 20 people for just close family. Our max guest list is looking to be around 60 people (a bunch of families, and kids).

My dress goal is under $300 for something new that I'd wear again. Obviously, something used, I'd shoot for less. I've seen some really pretty bridesmaid styles, but I'm also trying to keep in mind that I probably don't want to pick anything until it's MUCH closer to the wedding so my tastes don't change too much .

As far as I can figure, costs will be...
    -clothes (dress & suit or whatever he wants to wear)
    -transport for guests from hotel or central location (grandmother's friend's house is in the area and has more room for parking)
    -FOOD (piggy on a spit, and maybe other BBQ things, plus cake or something seet)
    -BOOZE
    -officiant
    -photos (because even if Liz does it for free, I want to give her SOMETHING)

I bet food will be the most costly thing.