Page 310 of 794 FirstFirst ... 210260300308309310311312320360410 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,100 of 7935

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 310

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Booter, that thread was entertaining. Don't bash .

Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Hey, maybe your cat was just not hungry in the morning. A diet of good food would keep her full longer, right?
    I have always fed her morning and evening. When I said she didn't eat much in the morning and then ate most of her food in the evening, I had fed her twice, but cleaned up the food in the afternoon when she didn't eat it all after a few hours. Overnight, I'll leave her food out regardless of how long it takes her and it's always cleaned up by morning. I'm not sure if she'd be able to handle one meal a day, but I may try it at some point. I want her on the raw diet exclusively for at least 3 weeks before I change the schedule. I think that would be a reasonable time frame to expect a cat metabolism to adjust. They're pretty small, after all.

Once a day meals would certainly make it easier if we go away and need someone to come in and feed her. It's a bit of a hassle to expect people to pop by twice a day to put out food. I think FiancÚ's brother would be willing to do it, since he likes cats, which is great because he only lives two streets away! If we go up to Maine in February for a weekend, he'd only need to feed her once, because I could feed her Friday PM before we leave, and we'd feed her Sunday PM when we got back.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

tomi is online now Senior Member
    CONGRATS!!!! and GORGEOUS ring! Many happy days a head for you!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Things I choose to let go:

All grains - including rice
    Refined sugars
    Legumes - including peanut butter
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Acidic foods, such as pineapple and tomato
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm choosing to do this......... I don't HAVE to.

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I've still been using the neti pot, so I think I skipped a day this weekend, but the apartment was so dry that I got a mild nose bleed anyway. I'm hoping if I'm less liberal with the space heater tonight, I won't get another tomorrow!
    Coconut oil works good for a dry nose too!

I think I'll slather up the old nostrils in a moment. If I take care of my neti pot needs tomorrow AM before breakfast, I'll put some oil in before taking Boyfriend to the train station (for class). Need to be efficient with my time Tuesday and Thursday mornings.

Appt. made for my toes tomorrow at 11:30.

I got some congrats at work from co-workers that I'm friends with. One stopped to chat and asked about proposal, the ring, plans etc. It felt nice to SPEAK about it. It's not all in my head anymore!

I swung by my parents' house for the jeans I left yesterday and talked to my mom about wedding stuff a little. Said we're thinking of next year in the summer or fall. She said she needs to talk to my dad about what they want to do in terms of pitching in. She said they'd probably either give us money to spend where it's needed, or cover some parts of the wedding. She seemed pretty excited about our ideas so far, about having it at Baba's. She suggested maybe people bringing up tents to camp out Saturday - Sunday if we do it in reasonable weather, and renting a porta-potty. I think our friends would be down for something like that, and our relatives could stay in town at a B&B or hotel (unfortunately, not super cheap, at least $125/night). I think our ideas are pretty affordable. It's really just food, booze, and officiant, if we don't get a friend ordained, right? And maybe transportation for guests staying in town.

The snow is slick... I could get by without eggs for another day. There's 3 left, for breakfast tomorrow.

Dinner will be a mix of whatever is in the fridge. We have shredded chicken, rice, and some leftovers from last night's impromptu engagement dinner (FiancÚ's mom cooked us a huge meal of breaded chicken, bacon mac & cheese, mashed taters, and fresh steamed broc). We hung out with the littles a bit, but they were very tired and grumpy. The biggest little, Junior, had a melt-down about a missing toy that was probably a home. Poor kid. I think some quiet reasoning and re-direction would have worked well, but there were too many people doing too many things.

The girl-little said we shouldn't get married, but was giggling and smiling every time we asked. Apparently, she loves weddings.

Zee
    Zee is offline Senior Member
    I meant to comment earlier but was distracted by your engagement. So exciting!

Oh yes. It sounds like you just started your cat on a raw diet... yes? I suspect you already know, given your knowledge for your own self, but I don't want to not say something and be wrong. Make sure you are mindful of the amount of taurine in her diet. Especially if you're feeding lots of ground meat, as that results in more oxidation of the taurine decreasing the amount that is available. Supplemental taurine (or beef heart) may be necessary.

Otherwise, I think it's fantastic that you're feeding her raw!! I tried that with mine but had enough issues that they're back on canned. My dogs were exclusively raw for about a year, one for a year and a half. I worry too much that they're not getting the nutrition they need, as I had trouble getting them to eat enough liver and other organs, so that is no longer the case. Some raw is still a part of their diet, though.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    nameless ive noticed my cats don't always want their second meal each day now either

My kitten, well he is now prob 6 months old, caught his first bird today and at all of it except the head and wings, so I am sure he won't want his dinner tonight lol

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    sardines or salmon are good sources of taurine for cats.

Zee what kind of issues were your pets having on raw? Canned is not at all good for them, so I am surprised.
    You can PM me if you don't want to clog up nameless' journal.

Fae: She wolfed down her food last night and this morning within 20 minutes. Good girl. I just started her on raw maybe 2 weeks ago? I'd given her bits and pieces here and there for a little while, so she knew the taste, but hadn't had much of it, and not in every meal. She took to it very quickly. I'm giving her a meal of chicken liver once a week, as it sounds like she doesn't need much of that. I chop up chicken (mostly thighs, but also necks & back, not really ground, just in small pieces) for her. We'll try other meats at some point too. So if I'm not grinding any of it, and avoid ground beef, she should be okay, right? I don't want to over-supplement. Don't know if that would do anything bad. Do I need to supplement taurine if I don't grind the food?

Blog updated.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So I have a rather large bill for lab work (over $100) from getting my thyroid tested earlier this month. BIG ASS SIGHS. At least I get paid Friday.

Not helping with saving for a wedding, health! I don't give a shit if it goes towards my deductible! At the end of this month, I am going to be just as broke as I was at the start of last month. Suckage.

Food: I nibbled last night. Some chocolate covered almonds, some Cream Cheese Clouds, some chai with coconut milk. I just didn't feel like having a full meal. I had my 3 eggs this morning, took all my supplements, but didn't have time for more, since I had to get FiancÚ (!!!!!) to the train station. I've got chicken, rice, and green beans for lunch later. Less rice than usual, plenty of chicken. I want to make soup this week. Maybe I will get some onions tonight when I pick up eggs.

Supplements: I'm out of Inositol. I've been a bit liberal with my 1 tsp of Vtiamin C dose because it wasn't very effective. Hopefully, I'll see some improvement with that by the end of the week, as long as I continue to avoid wheat and legumes (seems like the main offenders).

Mood/brain: I'm back to feeling significantly stressed out while at work. I think I'm going to bring my Tazo Calm to work tomorrow because it really helps calm me down. I'm working really hard to stop myself from snapping at people and laughing at frustrations instead.

Leaving for the toe appointment soon. The straggling toe doesn't look any better or worse today. The others look a little purple-ish, but aren't swollen, itchy, or sensitive anymore, at least.