Page 309 of 768 FirstFirst ... 209259299307308309310311319359409 ... LastLast
Results 3,081 to 3,090 of 7672

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 309

Zee
    Zee is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Oh how perfect. Congratulations!!

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    You two are too cute, and the ring is gorgeous!
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations! And OMG that ring, wow!

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Thank you, everyone, for the well wishes. There was a lot of smiling this weekend. I'm still smiling! As long as work doesn't slay me, I don't think it will fade all that quickly.

Food: Okay, here's the deal. I'm being way too lax on the weekends and it's taking its toll on my gut (had to check the possessive there, always mix those up). I'm back up to a full tsp of Vitamin C and should probably be taking more. I'm going to work on slowly reigning in my diet this week. I'm still going to be eating white rice with lunches, but just until I figure out a new lunch routine. Today, I have chicken, green beans, and rice (and a banana). I think either the chicken or the rice might be bad, but I was in a rush and didn't stop to sniff long enough =\. Hopefully, nuking it will take care of any issues! Unfortunately, all my bananas ripened at the same time, so I might need to bake something with my coconut flour this week.

Sleep: I've been sleeping quite well, as long as I keep up with my 5-HTP. My schedule was a bit off this weekend, especially with staying up until 4:30 AM Sunday morning, after boozing with FiancÚ (!!!!!!) and his big bro. I felt fine yesterday, considering, so I take that as a good sign that my body can handle positive stress.

Supplements: I ended up sharing some information with future big bro about 5-HTP and Tyrosine this weekend because he was talking about needing help for sleep (and has found certain illicit substances to be helpful). "The Mood Cure" says 5-HTP works well in place of those things. Apparently, he's taken 5-HTP and Tyrosine in the past for the brain-boosting help (though...it was to amplify certain effects from illicit substances ). He hadn't thought about it as a mood stabilizer before, and hadn't thought of it to help with sleep. It apparently used to be really expensive, about $45 for a bottle! He was pretty pleased to hear that it's more like $10 for a couple hundred capsules now . I also learned that FiancÚ was told to supplement Vitamin D for bone strength, so he's going to be using a couple drops of the liquid D in his water everyday. FiancÚ sounded a little more receptive to my supplement ideas while the 3 of us were chatting, or maybe he is fairly receptive to them, he just usually thinks he doesn't need them. Big bro apparently uses a sun lamp for SAD, which I thought was cool.

Mood/brain: Obviously, my mood is a bit boosted right now. Work should be much less busy this week, so I am not worried about getting stressed out

Tonight, I need to pick up some pants from my parents' house (didn't pick up all of the laundry yesterday), and grab some eggs and frozen veg at the grocery store.

I'm going to go call and make a doctor's appointment for my toes now. Most of them are looking better, peeling a little and not red and swollen looking anymore, but one of them looks a little worse.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Congratulations.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Crabbcakes is online now Senior Member
    Hey nameless! Fabulous ring, and super congratulations!! Hubby and I are at the nineteen year mark, and may you two enjoy all those years ahead!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Thank you, both!

Fae: The pet food from Whole foods ($1.99/lb for ground chicken necks and backs) was a hit and then miss, and then hit again. First night, she ate all of it. Next day, she picked at it in the morning, ate most of it in the evening. Next day, she ate it with no complaints. I think she was getting used to the texture change. There are some small bone pieces in it, and tendons. I think there might have been some larger pieces of meat than she was used to. She's chewing away at the bigger pieces now, so I don't think I'll have a hard time switching her between different cuts and types now. Chicken thighs tend to be on sale for much cheaper, so I'll probably mix that up a bit with the ground stuff from WF. I'm also going to break a capsule of fish oil (been in the fridge for ages) onto her food a couple times a week. Her skin is a bit dry since we switched her to raw food, so I think she needs more fat, or is just going through an adjustment period.

I've still been using the neti pot, so I think I skipped a day this weekend, but the apartment was so dry that I got a mild nose bleed anyway. I'm hoping if I'm less liberal with the space heater tonight, I won't get another tomorrow!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

In three words or less describe the personality of a person who would post on a primal eating (and in all honesty an anti-vegan/anti-vegetarian) site a detailed story about how "I'm sure that this WOE is great for you, but all this research has only made me a complete vegan".

Do these people do this in real life? Would they walk into a cult-like establishment and do this? Imagine walking into a Crossfit box and saying hey, you guys and gals look great, but I've decided that functional strength is BS and the best way to get stronger is to do isolated exercises, targeting one muscle group per day 2x per week. I'm going to continue standing here (as this person is replying to posts) while you all take turns telling me I'm stupid. This is so much fun, thanks guys, I had too much self esteem anyway.

I'm out.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    In three words or less describe the personality of a person who would post on a primal eating (and in all honesty an anti-vegan/anti-vegetarian) site a detailed story about how "I'm sure that this WOE is great for you, but all this research has only made me a complete vegan".
    dumbass mo-fo

does that work?
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Hey, maybe your cat was just not hungry in the morning. A diet of good food would keep her full longer, right?
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.