Page 304 of 779 FirstFirst ... 204254294302303304305306314354404 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,040 of 7782

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 304

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I'll wait till the weekend to grab cream cheese so I can try making those cream cheese clouds. I hope our weak little hand mixer can handle it.
    I use a cheap $6 hand mixer. If you make sure the ingredients are soft, it'll be fine.

What is EC? I can't remember.

And I must have missed something. What did you do to your foot?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Emergency contraceptive.

My toes have just been really weird for a few months and got much worse recently. Some red patches on a few toes of each foot, that are sometimes itchy, usually just sensitive and painful. The whole toe feels stiff and achy a lot of the time. Seems very temperature sensitive. Always feels AWFUL after a shower (cleaned the shower floor well just in case it was a fungal thing, didn't help). Tea tree oil doesn't seem to help, so I'm trying to make a regular regimen of care to see if I can fix whatever it is. I should really just go to a doctor though =\. It's kind of scary waking up to toes you can barely move.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Bad night, crazy morning. Feeling incredibly stressed. Work will lighten up next week, but it's going to be absolutely insane for the rest of today and tomorrow. It's still going to be very busy next week. We have a lot of changes incoming. I am freaking out about all of them. I've been kind of grumpy to some people because it's very frustrating when you work hard on instructions and documents and people don't read them. Every single question they've asked me is in the email I sent, or the document I attached to it! And it's not even like, "Oh, I didn't understand what it meant" because I didn't write it clearly enough, they are just NOT READING IT. "Oh, I kind of skimmed it. So do I do this change now?"

Folks, be nice to your IT people. Maybe they are jerks, and that's not okay. Maybe they are having a bad day, or they are frustrated because people aren't reading the documents that they are spending a lot of time on, and have had proof-read by multiple people before sending out. Maybe some patience, a smile, and taking a second to read over what they've sent you one last time will make al lthe difference. I realize that some people believe that we are here to do everything for them, but I've made it very clear to the users in my office that that's not what I do. I'm here to help YOU do what you need to do, whenever possible. I like people to walk away with at least a bare bones idea of what just happened or what is going to happen, even if their technical experience is very low or not solid.

And that, my friends, is why I know I'm good at my job. I'm all about the end-user experience being as thorough and transparent as possible, and I am feeling rather under-appreciated right now. They should throw me a party after this shit is over (in ~2 weeks).

Moving on...

Last night's dinner was a complete and utter failure. I tried to roast a chicken, but I had to start it after picking up Boyfriend. His foot had started hurting in the afternoon, for no reason that we can figure out, so badly that he did not feel he could stay at work any longer. That's very bad. Anyway, if I'd picked him up later, it would've worked out okay, but as it was, it STILL was undercooked after 90 min in the oven. It was larger than I've cooked before, and not stewing in its own juices (raised over some potatoes, which did not cook entirely). We didn't get much in the ways of food and I was so tired of messing with it and stressing about everything. Then I helped Boyfriend bake a two-layer cake, which got dried out overnight because we've never made them before and didn't know it should be wrapped/covered or it will dry out. And I made him amazing buttercream frosting.

I did not fall asleep until late. I took 200mg of 5-HTP last night, the last 50mg was at 12:30 AM, when I was still awake. I woke up too early, cold, because the blankets had shifted. The cat and Boyfriend were pinning them down, and Boyfriend refused to move over, so I was stuck being cold. I should have just gotten up. Then I would have had time to shower & dry my hair (which is oily from the oil I put in last night, that didn't wash out enough).

I had a 3-egg omelette and half an avocado for breakfast. I forgot to take my multi vitamin and b-complex. I didn't take those yesterday either.

I took the full 3 tsp of Inositol this morning because I hadn't pooped in 2-3 days. I think Mexican food on Sunday messed me up. I'm going to be having a full teaspoon (2135mg) of Vitamin C at each dose today.

MOTHER FUCKING SIGHS UP IN HERE.

Look at the bright side...
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    I got no solutions, but here's an internet hug. *hug*
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    Look at the bright side...
    The bright side is that the sun is out, even if it's absolutely frigid out (15F, probably not getting any warmer today, was negative last night).

The bright side is I wore two pairs of pants today so I am super cozy (well, leggings under pants).

The bright side is, part of not getting to sleep at a reasonable time was day-dreaming aloud with Boyfriend about getting married. A few times during the conversation, each of us stopped to comment about how amazing and awesome it is that we are going to have a wedding and get married. It was really fun to talk about the details of how we might make it all work. We are trying to figure out how we could get 50-60 people to my grandmother's house. There is not enough room there for parking, though plenty for people outdoors. Not sure it would be safe to have people park on the side of the road. Across-the-street neighbors might let some people park there. We're still talking maybe 20 cars, depending on how people car-pool or arrange to get picked up at a local hotel by other guests.

The bright side is it looks like I'll see Boyfriend for a little while, mid-afternoon, to take him to a doctor's appointment, even though I'll have to go back to work after and stay a bit late.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Ouch. Having been IT, I feel your pain. *HUGS*
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Whew! I knew if I threw out some random unfinished words of encouragement that you would come through and make me look smart! You're the best!
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Taking Boyfriend to doctor's appt at 3:45 today. Then I'm either logging on from home or coming back into the office for an hour or two. I might have to work from home for a couple of hours tonight for the biggest network change that's happening. The silver lining is that I'll get a couple hours of overtime this week.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Okay, I'm back at work, waiting for my favorite server admin to come back to life so he can help me fix every damn thing.

Doctor said Boyfriend needs to see the foot doc, of course, for an x-ray. Boyfriend says it hurts more than when he broke the fucking thing, but is refusing to go see the doctor. I told him we at least need to go back to post-break maintenance (ice, elevation, wrapping). He has more Percocet, on top of the totally legally obtained Vicodin.

More big sighs.

Hope to get out of work soon, but at least I'm getting overtime and there's chicken that just needs re-heating.