Page 303 of 739 FirstFirst ... 203253293301302303304305313353403 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,030 of 7387

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 303

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Not water, hydric acid.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Not water, hydric acid.
    I've heard dihydrogen monoxide is at least as dangerous.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Not water, hydric acid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    I've heard dihydrogen monoxide is at least as dangerous.
    I love Chemistry.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I don't wear a wedding ring. A couple of factors are involved. #1) It got too big after I lost 70 lbs in 2006 #2) I lost 4 stones out of the engagement ring and I got mad as it was such a cheap ring one day, I threw it out. So it lies in a landfill somewhere. DH wants to get a new ring for me but we haven't had the money and I don't miss wearing one. I took his last name. He's very traditional and I gave in. I like his family so that doesn't matter much now. We went to the JOP for our ceremony. We are however looking to renew our vows in 4 years. That will be our 20th anniversary. This is my little consulation as to not having the big wedding that he initially wanted and at that time, we will have new rings.

My middle daughter, she's 12, has decided that if she does gets married, her future husband will have to understand that he is to take her last name. Reason being, she wants to carry the Stump name for future generations. She said he should be understanding, especially if he has brothers who can carry on his family name as her dad and I didn't have any sons. She will be the one to lay the law down with her future SO.
    Georgette

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I love Chemistry.
    I love nerds.

Geo- your daughter sounds like a trip- and I like her reasoning.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Dinnah!

Pork chop, green beans, rice for Boyfriend, sweet potato for me. Not shown: half of sweet potato that I already ate, butter on sweet potato and pork chop (saying fuck it to dairy right now), and the Corona with lime I am sipping. I thought I was dehydrated today, but this Corona is sitting fine with me.

I will attempt to drink several glasses of water before bed, however.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Although I am a traditional girl - and have taken my husbands name (both times - this one is for keeps) --- I do think its pretty awesome that there is a choice and people can choose their own path. I LOVE having my hubbies name - cuz it makes me feel more "his" I guess.

I liked the story from the person who said when they got married they took on a brand new name for both of them - thats pretty awesome! Carrying on the family name isn't as important as it used to be in most societies.

I quite wearing my wedding ring in both marriages cuz 1) I developed a sensitivity to the gold, and 2) I gained so much weight it didn't fit anymore! I'm hoping when the weight goes away I will no longer have the gold issues and can wear my wedding ring again. My hubby took his off when his fingers got so swollen from arthritis that is was getting too tight to remove.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Chiming in on the name thing, my wife took my surname, my brother took his wife's surname, and my sister kept her own surname (although all the kids will have his surname).

My mum is chuffed that she has the full set of options available to her.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Later post this morning, been busy at work! Network projects are moving along. Yes, I'm still making time to post! It helps me stay calm and focused when I have some time to dink around and do non-work things. Yesterday, I got a bit overwhelmed with how much information was going back and forth about this project, and as soon as I popped onto MDA to browse & read a little, it sorted itself out in my head and I got back to work.

Fae: I spent some time preparing chicken thighs for a couple days of food for her. I'll chop up more tonight. I also got some pork chops so I'll probably give her some of that over the next two days as well. I think I'll try to get a week's worth of food prepped on the weekend so I can just defrost as needed. The pet food from Whole Food's is defrosting and I'll sort that out tonight. I couldn't tell if it has bones in it, but it's "chicken necks and back". She jumped up onto our dresser this morning. It's not that tall, but I can't remember her doing that since last summer, when she'd jump up to sit in the window behind the dresser. Today, she immediately spotted a rogue hair elastic, knocked it around, and started rolling around with it on the floor. I'm so happy to see her more active already! I definitely need to get her a scratching post with a dangling feather or something. Maybe next month, when money isn't quite so tight.

Boyfriend: Asked me to make sure we had cake supplies last night. I didn't think about it much and didn't get milk. I don't remember what's needed for cakes other than flour, sugar, eggs and butter/oil, and we had those things. I also didn't cook up any extra meat for lunches. I feel bad about all this, though I don't think it's unreasonable to have him realize I wouldn't know what goes in a cake since I don't bake. He has to stay off his foot as much as possible to ensure speed recovery and is being really diligent about doing that now, so I really am stuck doing all this leg work. He is trying to be supportive in other ways, but it's still stressful to have all this on me.

Toes: Last night, I soaked my toes in warm water with epsom salt & tea tree oil for 20 min. They felt really terrible and swollen after I showered, but okay for most of the evening, even while I was going in and out of the cold & warmth while shopping. I put coconut oil on before bed and slept with some loose fleece socks on to make sure they didn't get cold. They felt totally fine this morning. I put more tea tree oil on this morning. They feel kind of irritated and painful to move now. I want my at-home method to work, but I really need to call the doctor and have them tell me what's wrong .

Sleep: Got to bed around 10, asleep quickly. Woke before the alarm, but felt too lazy/cold to get out of bed until 6:45. I'll try to get to bed as early again tonight, or at least before 10:30.

Food: Because of my late rising, I didn't have time to make breakfast or lunch. I brought an avocado, an apple, and a small quesadilla slice (from Sunday night) for lunch, which probably won't be enough. I may run out to grab an individual pack of almond butter. Or, I'll invest in a whole jar to eat with the bananas I bought last night. I got a whole chicken at Trader Joe's that I think I'll roast tonight (salt, pepper, onion in the cavity). I can't remember if the chickens at Whole Foods were organic/free-range, but I think the organic one at Trader Joe's is a better price (I just got the all-natural one). I am really looking forward to having sweet potato tonight! I picked up some organic yellow potatoes too and I'm trying to decide if I want to eat them or just save them for Boyfriend.

Supplements: I used the neti pot this morning for the first time in several days. Feels much better. I only took 100mg of 5-HTP last night, but I think I'll bring it back up to 150 tonight. I might even go back to 200 after that. It's hard to gauge what I need right now because I'm under more stress than usual at work. I'm getting by, but if there's something I could do/take to make it easier...well, I think I want that. I haven't messed with the Tyrosine (500mg MWF) in a couple of weeks. I can't tell if it's doing anything at this point. I feel pretty alert and don't have much anxiety today, and I did take it this morning. I don't remember if I took it/how I felt Monday.

Body/TMI: My stomach bloating is down today. I thought I was going to get my period Monday, because that was one week since I took the EC, but it didn't come. I think the Vitex must be affecting my hormones in such a way that I don't bleed from the EC anymore (some do, some don't). That's convenient, but I sure as hell did not enjoy the hormonal flux I've had for the past week (a necessary evil). My boobs are still bigger (actually wearing an underwire bra today and it fits). Here's hoping that I still get my period as originally planned next week, otherwise I have no fucking idea when it's coming and I hate that.

On the way home, I'm grabbing 1/2 gallon of milk for Boyfriend (he said he would drink what isn't needed for the cake, I'll probably splurge on Organic Valley if Shaw's carries it). He asked me to pick him up from work, so I have to head out to get him by 8PM. That should give me enough time to prep & roast a chicken. It may even be enough time for me to disassemble it and get the bones in the crock pot. Here's hoping!

I'll wait till the weekend to grab cream cheese so I can try making those cream cheese clouds. I hope our weak little hand mixer can handle it.