Page 300 of 775 FirstFirst ... 200250290298299300301302310350400 ... LastLast
Results 2,991 to 3,000 of 7750

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 300

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    ^Exactly!

Guess where we ate today!

I had a breakfast sampler, which meant I ate all the protein things, then the apples, then a biscuit.

I think, for sanity's sake, until I know what's going on with my gut, I may end up dedicating one day per weekend to whatever the fuck I feel like eating. Once we have a game plan for recovery or treatment, I'll buckle back down.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Looking at that picture (see previous post), I am reminded of how long my hair is getting. Not long to most other people, but for someone who generally prefers to keep their hair above the jaw-line, it's impressive. I grew it out in 2011, chopped it off, and have been growing it out since early last year. I don't think it's growing any faster than one would expect, but that's fine. As long as I can keep it from getting ragged ends. First goal is having most of my hair able to put back in a small ponytail. I think I'm a couple months off from that, but it'll be until probably June for a full ponytail (no pins required). I don't know if I'll wear my hair back at that point, or what color it'll be. We'll see!

Sleep: Friends were over till 11ish last night for Dirty Mexican night. I know I was out before 12:15 because someone texted me then, but I don't remember hearing my phone receive it.

Food: I had some of the "casserole" last night (corn chips, Mexican 4-cheese blend, ground beef with McCormick taco seasoning, refried beans) and one Corona. I made sure to hydrate plenty during the day and didn't get a headache. I am going to try and drink a lot of water today because my skin has been very dry lately. I used to live in a constant state of slight dehydration and I think I'm reverting back to that. Tonight, we are going out for fondue (Melting Pot)! We went to a Melting Pot in Seattle in 2011 and loved it. On Friday, he told me we are going. I asked why, and he said, "Do I need a reason other than I love you?"

Body: I weighed myself on my parents nice digital scale on a whim over the weekend. 125 lbs. Part of me still panics a little that I seem to have gained weight, but I'm also okay with it as long as my goals are still healthy. I would like to gain muscle, but above all, I want my body to work properly. Gut first, fat later, if it seems necessary. As long as I am eating and feeling well, I don't think it's bad if I gained some body fat. I wouldn't mind some more boobs if it comes to that. Then again, it could just be water retention. Whatever. In other news, my skin is getting better again. I scrubbed my chin (was getting a lot of blackheads there all of a sudden, which is new for me) with some baking soda on Saturday and it made my skin feel really nice. I think I'll do that again for my whole face later this week.

Fae: She doesn't require any kibble to start chowing down on the raw chicken now. I need to pick up more meat for her. We have two meals worth left in the fridge. I'll make one of the Wednesday her liver meals, so I'll have to remember to stick the container in the fridge tomorrow morning so it defrosts in time. I haven't seen any oddness in the litter box, so she seems to be doing very well so far! She seems much more willing to sit on us and snuggle, lately. She even sits on Boyfriend, which was rare before.

Budget: We've been splurging a bit here and there this month, with going to more movies (used to go to a movie every other week, if not every week, up until last Summer), my eyebrow piercing, plans with friends etc. I won't be making any savings this month, but we are getting by.

Mood/brain: I had some strong anxiety Saturday afternoon. Boyfriend had to sit me down and get me to chill out before we went to dinner with my family. I started to get a bit anxious on Sunday which prompted our meandering drive that ended at a restaurant 30+ minutes away (took longer to get there because we took random side roads with no destination at first). I started to feel anxious again before our friends came over. I realized this was after I'd taken some of the 5-HTP. I wonder if I already need to drop the dose. In the past, I never experienced anything that seemed like an indication that I should reduce, and I wouldn't notice a difference when I did reduce the dose. Because of the EC probably fucking with my hormones this past week, I'm going to stay at 150mg for now. If I'm still feeling "off" later in the week, I'll try reducing for a couple of days. The good thing is, it's manageable, even if it's difficult/annoying to not feel fully functional.

Boyfriend had another follow-up for his broken foot today. They said he has to wear the aircast for three more weeks. Not sure what this means in terms of allowed mobility now. His foot swelled up a little bit last week and over the weekend, but I think he was walking on it too much without the cast at home. We are going to wrap it in the re-usable bandages for a little while again, and I think it'll be okay as long as he stays in the cast.

I don't know what he's going to do in terms of getting to class tomorrow. We're supposed to get 2-4" of snow tonight. He has to get himself to the train station in the morning (right around half a mile). I could drop him off I guess, but he'll still have to trek in Boston on wet ground, and get back after. I realize crutches are tiring and it's frustrating that he can't just walk to class, but I am going to throw a fit if he doesn't buck up and get his ass to school.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Back to the topic of "taking his name" .............. I think its a must! It would be very confusing for future kids to have parents with different last names - IMO. Families should all have the same last name I think.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Back to the topic of "taking his name" .............. I think its a must! It would be very confusing for future kids to have parents with different last names - IMO. Families should all have the same last name I think.
    My step son has a different last name to me and calls me rob (not all that unsual as that's my name), my daughter no1 has the same last name and calls me daddy, or sometimes stinky pants, my daughter no2 calls me arooagh and hits me in the face and laughs coz she is only 14 months old, both my girls have a different last name to their mum, we are not confused, strange yes, but we all know who we are and that we are a family. Family is what you make it

Sorry for the interuption - let normal service resume
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Families should all have the same last name I think.
    But there's nothing to say that has to be boyfriend's. We chose a new family name for all of us when our son was born.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    OOh that's cool!
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Rob View Post
    My step son has a different last name to me and calls me rob (not all that unsual as that's my name), my daughter no1 has the same last name and calls me daddy, or sometimes stinky pants, my daughter no2 calls me arooagh and hits me in the face and laughs coz she is only 14 months old, both my girls have a different last name to their mum, we are not confused, strange yes, but we all know who we are and that we are a family. Family is what you make it

Sorry for the interuption - let normal service resume
    Agree. Here in Belgium a woman just keeps her own (maiden) name when getting married. Children can get mom's or dad's last name (but all children from the same partners must have same last name, so not 1 child mom's last name and 1 dad's), but usually get dad's last name. At least there's no confusion around here when getting divorced . I have 3 kids, the oldest one has a different last name as the other 2, because he has another dad. I have a different last name as my brother and sister for the same reason. But we ARE a family. It's not the name that makes us family, it's the bond we have.
    I share my last name with my 'father', but he's not family. Never was, never will be.
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Candy, thanks for the (non-English speaking country) international perspective. I like the idea of a common name unifying a family, but I also think it might feel exciting (to a child) to have a different name from their parents or siblings. A new generation with a new name?

This has been really interesting to read about people's decisions. Names are important for many reasons and I'm always curious about people's choices for choosing them.

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Forgot to say: I'm finally being adopted (this is the 3rd attempt) by my stepdad this year, so my lastname will change this year, but I don't get to choose: I have to put my stepdad's name in front of my "birth-father's" name legally. I would have happily dropped that other name, but I'm not allowed. Oh well, the only place where that name will still appear is on legal documents .
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)