Page 299 of 750 FirstFirst ... 199249289297298299300301309349399 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 2,990 of 7491

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 299

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Hmmm and if you leave them intact you get a charlatan with a TV show?
    Sssshh! Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain! He is the great and powerful OZ!!!!1
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I'm back at attempting the pre-SIBO test diet. Last night was sushi, and I had popcorn at the movie theater (Gangster Squad was fun). That's basically the one allowed snack. This morning, I had 3 eggs scrambled in the rest of my ghee, half an avocado, and a bowl of rice cereal in rice milk. I just finished the rest of my sushi now (had 12 pieces last night, 6 today). I'm still pretty hungry. I guess I could have the rest of the avocado. That's a "limited" food on the pre-test diet, but dinner is probably going to be rice and chicken so I need whatever I can get. I can't eat too late because I can't eat anything 12 hrs prior, or drink anything other than water.

Time for some KE tea. The neti pot wasn't very effective this morning.

I'm breaking out a bit. Wonder if it's from the cereal/milk.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    what do you have to do to do the sibo test? Is it a stool sample kind of test?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

No, I breathe into a tube every 20 minutes for 2 hours. You collect breath samples so they can see if your gut bacteria is producing things it shouldn't or overproducing things it shouldn't, like hydrogen or methane. Seems like a stool test would be easier, haha.

I forgot to mention, I've already gotten all the forms I need to file taxes. I'm not getting much of a return. I guess it's just because I earned more (total earnings increased by about 15% from 2011 to 2012). My return is less than half of what it was last year . I was hoping it would be a similar amount so I could put part in savings and part towards a loan. Now it is so small, it doesn't seem worth putting into a loan, but I guess I should.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Small or not, it's worth it. It's that much that you don't have to come up with somewhere else.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

The cat is out of the bag re: engagement to my mom. Boyfriend was drunk at dinner & teasing my mom about buying me "a ring" but not specifying what kind. Then she got me alone and I thought he'd told her about it, PLUS he'd told her about some plans or something he had (proposal plans). So I told her how it had gone down so far. This is the first I've talked to her about David and my future. She seemed pretty excited .

But no more insider info for her! It'll be a while anyway.

I found something on the restaurant menu (for bro's 15th birthday dinner) that fit in the dietary restrictions. It was very good. I had sticky rice with it, which was fun to eat. I started the SIBO test about 10 minutes ago. I have a timer set for every 20 minutes so I can remember to breath into the tube and make a new breath collection. I'll get Boyfriend up sometime after 9 so he can shower and get ready to go shopping. It turns out, he's being kept on (for now) at the temp job, so he needs more shirts to make it through a full week without doing laundry. He has to wear dress pants and a collared shirt every day.

In other news, I cannot wait to eat a banana later today. We are having a few friends over for Dirty Mexican night tonight and Boyfriend and I are going to experiment with my alcohol tolerance. After the breath collection today (can't drink anything during it), I will drink at least 6 glasses of water throughout the day, and at least 3 more after I start drinking. I tend to not hydrate at home, so this may help prevent my alcohol-headache immediately.

I don't follow the forum rules. I swear a fuckload in this journal. I have a link to my blog & a referral site in my signature. I link to other sites as resources for other users, frequently. Acknowledging that, I'm not sure why people would have a hissy fit about just notifying another user about rules, in case they were unaware. Specifically, I find it annoying when people post a link to a recipe (of their own creation) and provide no other info. I write a blog, I know that it's NOT that much effort to copy & paste a picture and maybe some ingredients (if not the entire recipe). Maybe that's just me though, being tech savvy as I am. Whateverrrrrrrrrrrr.

True, the rules are mostly not enforced around here, except when it comes to extreme (specifically directed) language or a big flame war. The little ones usually fizzle out on their own and the trolls get bored eventually. I still think it's important to at least make it look like you aren't just spamming us with your own website. Well-intentioned people can still spam!

Despite writing about this, I'm not even remotely pissed. Mostly just confused. People get worked up about the oddest things.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Did someone report you?

Nah, just a topic on another subforum. Some people got really riled up when Cori and I mentioned that self-promotion is against forum rules. It was silly. I don't mind people sharing their links, obviously, since I do it, but without at least an ingredient list or something, it just seems like spam.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Nah, just a topic on another subforum. Some people got really riled up when Cori and I mentioned that self-promotion is against forum rules. It was silly. I don't mind people sharing their links, obviously, since I do it, but without at least an ingredient list or something, it just seems like spam.
    And the silly thing is that if they were to post a full recipe with pictures and say something like, "And if you like this I have more in my blog." I would go to the blog. If you just post a link I am not going to bother. It seems self-defeating to me.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony