Page 295 of 760 FirstFirst ... 195245285293294295296297305345395 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,950 of 7596

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 295

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Husband and I don't do V'day...

But if I got THIS... I'd be off my rocker with *squees*
    #proving there is a romantic inside me somewhere!

Seriously... it could be empty and I would probably pee myself with joy.
    It needs tiny little balloons. I'd give it tiny little balloons. *nod*
    I so want that little house! I loved that movie!! Might have to watch it this weekend. (My kids enjoy it too).

Nameless, i saw something in the EMF challenge thread and it made me think of you and wondered if you had tried it yet. someone (Chris maybe?) said that 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar a day can help with candida overgrowth. It'll help with increasing your stomach acid too, without needing HCl, which would be like hitting 2 birds with one stone. I'm sure in all your research you have seen/heard this before and possibly even tried it. I can't keep up. lol
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    My favorite emoticon is very appropriate right now:

Woke up to snow . I had to cancel the chiropractor appointment I'd made for Boyfriend because there's no way he's crutching to the train station in this. I'll pay the cancellation fee, if there is one, because I should've put 2 and 2 together (snow was on the forecast when I made the appointment). The snow stopped a little while ago. I think we got about 3" of fluffy wet stuff at the apartment, maybe a bit less at work. I love how it looks, clinging to the trees.

Outside, at work. It's been fun watching the seasons change at this little swampy area.

Last night, I felt worn out again and barely ate. I had some rice pudding (rice, coconut milk, tiny splash of maple syrup, carob powder) and the rest of the cheese (probably 3 oz). I cooked up some chicken thighs, re-heated them with some rice & frozen green beans for Boyfriend when he got home around 9:30. I grabbed my portion of the thighs for lunch today. I brought the list of foods that are okay to eat before the SIBO test with me so I can run out to the grocery store for some fruit or something. Turns out, it's not really FODMAPs, but it's close. If I could think of an easy way to share a PDF with you guys, I'd upload it so you could help me figure out what to eat . Yeah, so being drained last night meant no grocery shopping. Still hoping to do that tonight. Boyfriend wants snacks. I might try to find the least offensive potato chips that Trader Joe's or Whole Foods has to offer for him. He likes SAD-snacks. These will be snacks for work. Any ideas?

I started to feel a bit depressed last night and it's lingering today. I feel easily irritated with things that are coming up unexpectedly at work. I wonder if I need to decrease the 5-HTP after increasing the Inositol. Too much serotonin can have the same symptoms as too little. I'll knock it back to 150 mg tonight. I was pretty tired this morning and had some crazy dreams last night (unpleasant ones ), so I do think it's the 5-HTP.

I shifted my Inositol to take 2 tsp this morning. I'll take 1 tsp tonight. I think I might take the full dose in the AM because that seemed to work pretty well. If it seems too effective, I'll start reducing the Vitamin C dose (still 1000mg every 4 hrs) first.

Okay, here's the food list, edited for things I'll actually eat =P.

Pre SIBO test:
    Okay foods: any kind of meat, aged cheeses, bell peppers, radishes, cucumber, celery, juices (not blended), sherbet (with no cream), salad and cooking oils, alcohol (wtf?), tea

"Eat sparingly": White rice, rice milk, avocado, mushroom, onion, parsley, asparagus, cauliflower, cilantro, yellow squash, cantaloupe, melon (honeydew, water), grapes, grapefruit

Don't eat: Beans/legumes/whole wheat/corn/brown rice/pasta, broccoli, yams, potatoes of any kind, green beans, dark green leafy veg, brussel sprouts, carrots, winter squash, zucchini, dried fruits, bananas, coconut (oops), bananas, basically all other fruit I haven't listed, dairy, nuts, seeds.

The meal samples look pretty lame, aside from breakfast (omelette with green pepper, mushrooms, onions & parmesan). I don't know what I'm going to do to boost lunch today (maybe get some pre-cut melon and have no more than 1/2 a cup?). Maybe dinner veg for tonight and tomorrow (for me) will be bell peppers and a small onion, along with whatever meat & some white rice. The snack suggestion is popcorn with margarine or oil =\.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Nameless, i saw something in the EMF challenge thread and it made me think of you and wondered if you had tried it yet. someone (Chris maybe?) said that 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar a day can help with candida overgrowth. It'll help with increasing your stomach acid too, without needing HCl, which would be like hitting 2 birds with one stone. I'm sure in all your research you have seen/heard this before and possibly even tried it. I can't keep up. lol
    I've read about that a number of times and am going to start implementing it at home. I find it fairly tasty in a full glass of water. I just had a little before breakfast today, but I'll do a full tbsp starting tonight at every meal I have at home.

I feel really stressed out this morning. Having a hard time keeping it together. I need to take a break for Vitamin C and tea, but I'm afraid I'll totally lose my train of thought if I step away from all these back-and-forth emails. Sudden deadlines are not good for my anxiety.

I texted Boyfriend and he sends me a picture of a little black box.
    "hmmm, how did this strange box get there?"

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

I was talking to someone right after receiving it and it took a lot of effort not to start laughing hysterically. I probably had a poorly hidden grin on my face, anyway.

Now I'm stressed, anxious, AND excited. Too much!

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I love how boyfriend teases you.

Wow, I had a busy day. Felt good once I calmed down and things slowed down in the afternoon. I got to talk to one of my favorite IT guys in California for a while. We were both really scatter-brained so we had some fun off-topic conversations, about Steam (the PC game client) and playing Skyrim.

Boyfriend texted me to ask if I could get makings for tacos (shells, ground beef, seasoning, refried beans, fuck just realized he didn't ask for cheese), tiered cake pans, and a cooling rack. I got everything except the pans. I also picked up some things so I can eat fairly well tomorrow before the SIBO test. It's only 2 hrs, not 3, so I think I can do it when I get home from work and then eat immediately after. Also, I don't know why he wanted those things. Tiered cake? That's a new and ambitious endeavor for him. Sounds like he wants a "dirty Mexican" night, which means I want tequila, limes and Mexican piss (Corona). I got 3 lbs of ground beef, in case this is a group event.

I have a salt-coated chicken in the oven. I had a hard time getting it dry after rinsing and my hands were drying out from frequent washing so I hope it crisps up at least a little. Bones in the crock pot tonight, with celery and an onion or two. I got some bell peppers so I'll cook those up for lunch tomorrow or dinner tonight. Boyfriend can have green beans or broc.

I picked up some chicken livers, cut them up, and put them in the tiny tupperware containers that I fortunately didn't throw out, then in the freezer. I fed some to my cat with a tiny bit of kibble. She ate slowly, kept coming back and forth, and is now sleeping. I probably should have given her less of the liver and more of the kibble to start with, but she seems okay now. She's stopped whining & begging while I'm in the kitchen, anyway, which she was doing the whole time I cut up the livers. I will give her some of the neck meat tomorrow (chicken didn't come with giblets, sad) with kibble. I'm only supposed to feed her liver about once a week so I'm probably going to chop up some thighs for her too. I want every meal to have a bit of raw meat, if I can. I need to get a kitchen scale so I can get an idea of how much food she needs.

The ring still needs to be resized. I wore it for a little last night and I'm very happy with my choice. It's a little smaller than I expected (hard to envision when the picture is huge on the website) so I think a slim wedding band would fit just fine underneath it. I was surprised to find myself pretty calm about receiving it (after he teased me with it for a while). I don't think it'll sink in until it fits and I can wear it for real. Boyfriend asked me to see if I could bring it to the jewelry store to be re-sized, and that he'd pick it up. I'm happy to help him with that. It feels more like something for the both of us, rather than just something for me. I do plan on getting him a silver spinning ring that he can wear, if he wants to, as an engagement ring. I just need to get his ring size again, because I suddenly can't remember if it was 8 or 8.5. It's a bit of a joke, and I don't know if he would actually wear it, but I know he liked the last one I got him, until it was lost (he kept it on his keychain).

Fae: I cut up some chicken thigh (1/2 a thigh seemed like a good amount) and sprinkled some kibble over it this morning. She ate all of it within 20 minutes or so, this time. Last night, she ate all but two small pieces of the liver, coming back to finish it after an hour or so. I think she just needed some time to realize that it was delicious . I'll give her some more thigh or a bit of neck (has bones in it though, so not sure I should yet) tonight. Whole Foods carries frozen packs of ground chicken parts (neck and some other pieces) that's sold as pet food, so I will probably buy some of those. I think it's less than $2/lb, and she's only going to need about 2 lbs per week, 5.28 oz per day (estimating 3% ideal body weight in ounces for food).

Sleep: We went to bed a little late. Well, I did. He crashed early, for him.

Food: Last night, I roasted a chicken that I drowned in salt. I mean, that's all I put on it. After an hour, that 4.something lb chicken had a beautiful, golden, crispy skin. I need to get a roasting rack so next time, the skin underneath doesn't stay soggy in the chicken juices. I put on a bit too much salt in some places, but I chipped it off before tearing up the bird. All the bones and juice are in the crock pot with some water and a splash of ACV. I didn't add any salt since I put some skin in and that was salty enough. I had it on high last night, on low this morning. I had to add more water. I'll poke at the bones tonight and decide if I want to cook it longer or not. It smells magnificent.

This morning, I had a bowl of gluten-free chocolate crispy rice cereal (only 4 or 5 ingredients) in rice milk. I haven't had cereal in a long time. The pre-SIBO test diet said I could have rice, rice cereal and sugar, so I decided to treat myself. It was pretty tasty. Unfortunately, I re-read the documents for the test right after and found that I'm not supposed to eat or drink anything other than water 12 hrs prior to the test. Oops. Guess I'll be doing it a bit later than I thought, tonight. I brought a water bottle to work and am going to hydrate like a maniac today to try and avoid hunger. Tonight, I'll probably end the test with some bone broth!

Supplements: The Iosol arrived yesterday. It's about 1000% of the RDA for Iodine per drop! I guess I'm very deficient or it takes that much to boost the levels. I took a drop last night and a drop this morning. I wonder how soon I might notice any kind of difference from taking it. I also dropped the 5-HTP down to 150 mg. It's hard to say how it might be affecting me today since I'm so happy anyway, but I'm sure I'll be able to tell soon enough if it's a good dose for me.

Body: I haven't been doing anything this week. I feel like I'm getting a little fleshy, but I'm okay with it. It only takes a few days of attention and my muscles start to look more prominent again. I'm going to be a little sad when Boyfriend gets off the crutches. His torso is delectable right now, and it's usually pretty amazing given his inactivity (muscle memory & a childhood of constant exercise). He'll probably start working out at home again once he can do push-ups on both feet.

Mood/brain: Happy. Content. Low-stress. I'm slightly anxious that the local jewelry store doesn't do re-sizing and I have to wait until 10 AM to find out! They are open till 6, so I can bring it back after work. Fingers crossed that it won't take them long.

Congratulations.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Thhhaannkksss duuudddeee

I don't think we'll call it "official" to any family or IRL friends (or Facebook, hah) until the ring is re-sized. I'm kind of hoping we can get that taken care of before Sunday. The jeweler is open on Saturday, since we're having friends over for Dirty Mexican night, so if it doesn't take long, I suppose there's a good chance.

http://namelessw0nder.blogspot.com/2...st-moment.html
    Blog post for today.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 01-17-2013 at 06:10 AM.

Is Dirty Mexican night like a Dirty Sanchez?
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.