Page 294 of 776 FirstFirst ... 194244284292293294295296304344394 ... LastLast
Results 2,931 to 2,940 of 7757

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 294

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    How exciting! How can you stand to see the box and not beg boyfriend to see whats inside! I would............... but I'm not very patient.

We're all waiting for the news.................
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I think I have enough discarded t-shirts to experiment with. First, straight lines, tomorrow, the world! Or curved collars.

Okay, fine, I'll buy oxtails this week! I'll cook them up in the chicken stock I make from my roasted chicken (I *will* use the crock pot for the broth, so much easier).

Princess Bride is just the right amount of silliness for Boyfriend & me, I think. He never envisions himself as a dashing hero though, and I don't understand why not!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Maybe he's more of an Andre the Giant: right place at the right time.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Sewing Knits without a Serger | AllFreeSewing.com

Check this out. I did a Google search for sewing tshirt collars without a serger and there are lots of websites that address just that.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    He never envisions himself as a dashing hero though, and I don't understand why not!
    Have you let him know that you see him as your dashing hero? Positive reinforcement never damaged a relationship!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Have you let him know that you see him as your dashing hero? Positive reinforcement never damaged a relationship!
    It's true... even if he goes all "Pssssssshshaw, not Me" and denies it... he probably likes to hear it.
    Those little Ego boosts are good for us all.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

That is exactly how I got my nondemonstrative spouse to become more openly affectionate. I finally realized I didn't have to wait for him to say all the right things but that there was nothing wrong with letting him know how I felt about him.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I have started greeting him with things like "handsome" when he comes home from work. Or "How's my hard-working man?" Sometimes, when I'm doing stuff around the apartment, I'll stick my head into the computer room with a random compliment or, "Hey!" "Yeah?" "I love you [[run away]]!" Sometimes I ignore tell him I can't hear him until he runs over to where I am and does the same. Or we'll holler across the apartment to each other like it's something really important (well, it is). "Hey, can you come here for a second? [[approaches]] I love you! That's all!"

He is seriously handsome, though. I look at celebs I used to find super hot and find the features that are like Boyfriend's. Or I think, "He's no Boyfriend."

Why am I falling in love with him again? The excitement of engagement, I suppose.

At some point, I made it a point to always refer to him as a man. I was still using boy, mentally and verbally, and it didn't seem right. I think that has made a difference in how I see him and how I see our relationship growing, too.

He's gotten more openly affectionate, verbally, over the past several months, but I've definitely seen it grow progressively throughout our relationship. Some of it might just be my perception, in how my mood has improved since going back on 5-HTP. Give and take.

I think he's an unlikely hero. Those are the best kind.

All of this is helped by my recently more elevated libido. He notices when I ogle him and it makes both of us laugh because I don't realize I'm doing it (and he does it to me all the time). I'm in a good head space now so that I can appreciate my body, knowing that he appreciates it. He doesn't see any flaw in my stomach or butt, so I don't stress over it.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 01-15-2013 at 02:50 PM.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Y'all really do sound like Geek and me. I mean that in the best way possible. It's not all lust, it's not all lovey dovey bullshit, it's a solid house of love built on a foundation of trust and a positive eye sunk deep in friendship. The lust, lovey dovey, and smiles are bricks in the house.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

cori93437 is offline Senior Member

It's true.
    And it sounds like you are off to a good start.
    Last edited by cori93437; 01-15-2013 at 07:50 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.