Page 293 of 676 FirstFirst ... 193243283291292293294295303343393 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,930 of 6753

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 293

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Oh be patient grasshopper. Valentine's Day is very special.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Sewing collars is easy when you make your own shirts. I've been doing it since I was 5. Don't be afraid of them! Do a practice run on some scrap fabric if it makes you feel more comfortable.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Sewing collars is easy when you make your own shirts. I've been doing it since I was 5. Don't be afraid of them! Do a practice run on some scrap fabric if it makes you feel more comfortable.
    Do you have any tips? I am talking about t-shirt collars here, nothing fancy. I don't understand how to make a strip of fabric, folded over multiple times, follow the curve of the neckline & lie flat! I just have a sewing machine with maybe 10 different stitches, no serger.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I hope he doesn't wait til V Day too... EVERYONE proposes to their girl in VDay... it's so generic now.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Husband and I don't do V'day...

But if I got THIS... I'd be off my rocker with *squees*
    #proving there is a romantic inside me somewhere!

Seriously... it could be empty and I would probably pee myself with joy.
    It needs tiny little balloons. I'd give it tiny little balloons. *nod*
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

CORI OMG. Yeah, I would cry. We both love that movie. Boyfriend claims to hate it because it makes him cry.

Truth be told, I don't care when it happens, as long as I know it will. And I do!

Supplements: I was taking a break from the HCL, but I'm going to add it back. I've found that I cannot drink anything within 2 hours after a meal or I get heartburn. This is making it difficult for me to stay hydrated, since my hydration windows are 2-3 hrs everyday and I'm not really chugging back the water. Maybe it's time to bring a water bottle to work again. Today, I did not drink within 2 hrs of lunch, but I got heartburn anyway. I think I will try some ACV in water right before eating at home, and a capsule of HCL right before eating at work/out.

Feeling overwhelmed by this low-FODMAP stuff. I think it might be beneficial to follow low-FODMAPs for a couple of weeks to see if it does anything. 30 days would probably be best. Chowstalker has a low-FODMAP section so I'm browsing that for ideas for at least the 36-hr test that I need to do. It appears that coconut is okay, so I may make curry (without onions and garlic seems sad though). I guess the meat part is not that difficult, but I don't know what veggies I could eat. That's why, for the test at least, I'm inclined to just live off of some broth and boring soup.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Curry without onion and garlic? That ain't curry, that's an abomination.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Maybe scallions would help? Those are low-FODMAP.

I put together a really basic list of recipes. If I start counting my 36 hrs now, I could do the test Thursday night (need to check the instructions to see how soon I can eat before taking the test). We can have green beans with dinner for the next few nights, and my breakfast can be a salted omelette with a pumpkin mug cake. I could roast a chicken tonight for lunch, instead of using the slow cooker (just using tons of salt) tomorrow.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Actually, thinking about it...

You guys need a little castle in the style of:

Hmm...I'm feeling inspired.
    I had my huge mat cutter out last night too...
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Do you have any tips? I am talking about t-shirt collars here, nothing fancy. I don't understand how to make a strip of fabric, folded over multiple times, follow the curve of the neckline & lie flat! I just have a sewing machine with maybe 10 different stitches, no serger.
    I don't have a serger either. It is all about easing as you pin the pieces together and remember to pin well. I learned to sew on an antique Singer with a single stitch. Sergers aren't neccessary. I would highly recommend getting some practice fabric and binding and play with it until it feels comfortable and you worked out the bugs. I learned the hard way to not use the garment I was making as a place to learn a new technique. I have utmost confidence in you.

On another matter, there is no reason that you can't throw whole oxtails into the crockpot with stock and veggies. the bones are big and can easily be dealt with as you eat.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.