Page 291 of 750 FirstFirst ... 191241281289290291292293301341391 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,910 of 7491

Thread: Anxiety, depression, laziness...Can the nameless wonder change? page 291

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Seconding the Dawn. The original blue stuff seems to work better than the other kinds, but I've gotten even spaghetti sauce (grease + tomato) out by smearing it with Dawn, then hitting it with stain remover, then scrubbing it with Oxiclean with a toothbrush and letting it sit for a few minutes before running it through the washer.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    It's already been washed many, many times, so I don't think Dawn would save it now. I didn't notice the spot until after it had been laundered once or twice, so I'm sure no one else sees it, but the shirt is getting a little fuzzy.

I'm also at this awkward stage of not fitting into anything. Smalls fit well, but usually shrink too much or aren't wide enough in the shoulders. Mediums seem absurdly larger, and are so baggy in the torso that I don't think I could take it in well enough myself. Then again, maybe the problem is shopping at Old Navy & Gap, which have largely switched to the super-thin and not-long-lasting cotton tee structure that places like Forever21 favor. They are terribly comfortable, but the shirts get tangled up in the wash & don't last. I like my shirts to have mileage in years, not months. I think I'm going to start switching up my wardrobe with good quality purchases from places like Land's End or LL Bean. Just basics, for now, like some neutral tees or shirts for layering, a cardigan or two, some pants. Eventually, I'll get some dress clothes. For every new thing that is bought, however, something must be discarded. I already eliminated a t-shirt that's been festering in the drawer for ages (it was a reconstruction that I never completed and was never satisfied with).

Now I feel like sewing! If I could figure out how to finish collars, I would definitely make my own shirts.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Since you're already thinking neutrals- honestly, a handful of basic, sturdy, flattering, mix-and-matchable items can do wonders for your wardrobe without killing your budget. Just pick up one thing at a time. When you go up to visit your Gran, stop in Freeport at the Beans outlet. I love my $6 jeans
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Outlet oooooooo. Yes! Boyfriend thinks he can fund getting his car repairs within the next couple of weeks so I will definitely plan a trip up there. I'm kind of looking forward to a long drive by myself (unless he wants to come). I'll make myself a mix CD for the trip, too.

Thrifting is fun and all, but I feel like taking the time to pick pieces from a good selection that will last me a long time is going to be worth any investment I need to make. Once I have basics, I'll probably thrift some more for fun pieces. I have a large collection of t-shirts (with graphics) that I can't wear unless they're hidden under things at work, so they're largely going unworn right now. I need some lighter options that don't require ironing (my button-ups have been abandoned since last Summer) for the warmer months.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    for the grease........... buy a good "orange" cleaner. My all time favorite is Zep Big Orange. Not sure its available in the grocery stores - but I know they have it at home improvement centers like Lowes and Home Depot. Spray it on the spot and let it set a day or 2 - then wash as normal. Its a GREAT grease cutter! I've had several grease spots on shirts that its removed nicely!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

I think most of you will have a good laugh at this.

I'm deficient in...
    IODINE.

He did test Free T3 and Free T4, along with parathyroid (?) and TSH, and it was all well within a normal range. I didn't ask for numbers, but I may have him print them out for me the next time I go (assuming I don't miraculously heal in the next month or two).

Doc asked me to take 1 drop (1.83 mg) of Iosol a day. One bottle should last me a couple of months. I used the rest of my Amazon gift card towards it, so it was only about $8 and it'll arrive Wednesday. I told him the Inositol was helping at 3 tsp a day and we agreed that I'd try reducing the 5-HTP again by 50 mg in two weeks. Have I mentioned how much I love this doctor?

I don't think Iodine is the cause, but maybe it will help get the rest of my issues in order. I think I will do a FODMAPs free weekend starting Friday night or Saturday morning. Breakfast is easy, I can have eggs and bone broth. Lunch and dinner... maybe I'll make a plain chicken soup (chicken, celery, carrots, mushrooms, no onions ) and Boyfriend can add rice to his. I could make a banana strawberry smoothie as a snack, but I can only use water & ice in it.

Damn, unless I can find something on the menu that's low in FODMAPs, I can't do this on the upcoming weekend. It's my brother's birthday and we're going out to eat Saturday. I need to be at home when I do the test.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 01-14-2013 at 12:12 PM.

I knew it!
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

The Fedex box is here. I forgot to take out all of the recycling (we have a LOT after the 4 of us finished more than 24 beers on Saturday night, there's still at least 12 in the fridge), so I saw it there. Sqqqueeeeeeeeeeeee

Last night, I went to Kohl's to try on some Levi's. It's just one of those big denim brand names that seems like it would be good quality. I'm sure I had some when I was younger. Maybe it was Lee's. Anyway, I found a style that I liked online so I tried on the 525 straight-leg. Soooo comfortable. I could've slept in them. I did some squats to test the coverage and the waist is high enough (but not too high, about halfway between low-rise underwear & belly button) to avoid any crack, but not so high that I feel like my waist is being strangled. They're higher than I'm used to wearing, since I've usually worn low-rise jeans from the Juniors sections, but they fit so much better. I think I'm ready to wear grown-up pants . I might take the legs in just a little because I like my pants to be between straight-leg and skinny width. I might go back to try on the skinny's, though. I don't know what wash I want. The dark blues are too dark for my tastes. I am going to wait to buy them (on eBay, plenty new for much cheaper), but I'll probably get them soon/this month. Maybe just one pair for now. I also tried on bras and failed to find any that fit in the rib cage or didn't make me flat as a board. Curse these breasts. I think it's time I try to make my own bras, based on the cloth ones that I have.

Sleep: Had trouble falling asleep. Probably due to snackage.

Food: I didn't have the energy after my excursion (also to Vitamin Shoppe, used my certificates for tea, crystal deodorant stone, and more Vitex) to get groceries so I'll do that tonight. I want to pick up a chicken at Trader Joe's, and eggs at Whole Foods. I used up the last of the bell peppers last night for chicken with bell peppers, onions, and rice. I was really hungry after eating, so I ate a bunch of the pumpkin pie filling & about 1/2 a block of Kerrygold sharp cheddar. Yeah, shouldn't be eating cheese, but it didn't seem to bother me. I guess hard cheeses are okay by my gut (I was thinking of FODMAPs when I picked it up)? My local Stop & Shop carries unsalted Kerrygold butter! I think it's a $1 or 2 more than at Trader Joe's. I found it with the special cheeses near the deli counter.

Body: I thought my eyebrow was getting infected last night. No more slacking off with the cleaning. It feels better this morning. A bit itchy, but that's part of the healing process. I whacked my elbow REALLY hard off a door frame last night. I was putting on my onion-cutting goggles (they're vintage motorcycle goggles) and decided it would be a good idea to walk through a doorway with my elbow sticking straight out. Or into it. It hurt a lot, then didn't bother me until I was in bed and Boyfriend nudged it. It hurt enough for me to get instantly pissed off. He said if it's swollen in the morning, I need to go to the doctor to make sure I didn't break anything. I forgot to look at it this AM. It hurts a bit if I lean on it wrong, at my desk, but I think it'll be okay. I thought about doing some KB swings this morning, but did not. Maybe tonight! My leg felt all misaligned when I got up today, but didn't feel tight when I did my stretches. It seemed to work itself out as I walked around the apartment.

Mood/brain: Seem good. Nothing to report there, really.

Boyfriend started his make-up literature class today. He has to get up extra early on Tuesdays and Thursdays for it, poor boy. The busy season is over at work, so they aren't putting in much overtime except for Saturdays. Even when they don't work a full 6 hours on Saturdays, he usually gets paid for it, so that's pretty cool.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    For bras: try herroom and figleaves online. I know with Fantasie (my preferred brand, mostly because they fit), they have a sizing chart where you can measure yourself with a tape measure. I like those two sites because they carry the "tiny but big" selections (small in the ribcage, large in the tit.) I can't find a 30 anywhere offline, let alone a 30DD.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Okay, sorry dudes, if this makes you uncomfortable. I don't know why, we're talking about boobs after all.

Anyway, I measure as a 32B (32" underbust and 34" bust, 2" difference apparently makes a B cup), but those don't fit me. Cupless bras (sports style) either have pre-formed boob pockets that I don't fill out, or flatten me entirely. If I get a regular cup bra (which I hate, because they're always padded/stiff and I don't like feeling unnatural like that), 32 doesn't fit me. 34A is comparable, but the cup is too large. I could maybe make a 32B work if I bought/made some extenders, but either way, it requires a lot of new bras. Most of mine are 34As that I just don't fit into and the rest are really ancient cloth bras that fit me okay. My boobs recently got a tiny bit larger, but not enough to affect how I fit into commercial sizes. I can tell because two of the bras (same style) tend to drift upwards throughout the day. Teen brands/styles tend to run a little smaller, so sometimes a 34A can work out, but usually not.

I think I'm just doomed.